Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: growing drug?

Hybrid View

growing drug?

have you guys heard of a drug that is now availible to people who are unusaually short?it has growing hormones in it and it makes them grow atleast 3 in higher than what they would have been if they hadnt taken the drug. have you heard of it? what do you think abou tit?

No I haven't, but I have to admit that I thought this thread was going to probably be about marijuana!

The growth hormone drug you are talking about has actually been available for a number of years. Unfortunately it is very expensive, so only people with alot of money or very good insurance coverage can actually afford it.

Originally posted by Pam
    No I haven't, but I have to admit that I thought this thread was going to probably be about marijuana!
    Me too

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by emily_the_spoiled
    The growth hormone drug you are talking about has actually been available for a number of years. Unfortunately it is very expensive, so only people with alot of money or very good insurance coverage can actually afford it.
    it's been avialable to people who have a serious problem or are extremly short for a medical reason, but it is just now being released to the public. but yeah it is expensive, about 20000 for a years worth and you have to take it for about three or four years

I have. In school we watch "Channel 1 news" and that was one of the topics. I didnt like it. Just the way they were talking about it.. I got squeamish(sp?). They even showed a kid giving himself the shot.. YUCK. anyways, yep I heard about it. Im just glad I was born tall!

I've never heard of it, but from what you describe, it sounds a little dumb to me. Unless for medical reasons, Why can't people just be happy with how they are?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I had a boy in my class in high school who took it . He was only 4' tall. for a boy it is very horriable to be that short. He got 21/2 inches talller After high school he made us all look stupid we always told him to become a jocky he did and is one of the highest paid guys around now. Being only 5'2" tall I understand wanting to be taller.

I'm a girl, so I'm sure it is different than for boys, but I'm 5'1" and wouldnt' change it for the world. I enjoy being small. My bf is 6'5" though. I figured I'd better choose someone tall for my gene pool. But interestingly, he prefers small women and says most tall men do as well.

I do think that unless its for medical reasons the growth hormone should be avoided. I've heard about it, watched a short blurb about it in Bio, and I feel very neutral towards it.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

My cousin was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 2-3. His growth was stunted by all the chemo/radiation and he is (was?) on the growth drug.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I've never heard of it, but from what you describe, it sounds a little dumb to me. Unless for medical reasons, Why can't people just be happy with how they are?
    I agree. I'm short but I am happy with myself. Zippy, I'm sorry about your cousin but I do believe this is a valid reason to take the drug. Really has nothing to do with cosmetic reasons,

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by Amber
    I have. In school we watch "Channel 1 news" and that was one of the topics. I didnt like it. Just the way they were talking about it.. I got squeamish(sp?). They even showed a kid giving himself the shot.. YUCK. anyways, yep I heard about it. Im just glad I was born tall!
    yep we watch it too. thats were i heard about it. i'm pretty tall an i love it. people generally don't like thier height, tall people want to to shorter and short people want to be tall IMO anyways

Originally posted by Pam
    *snort*

Me, too!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by Pam
    sorry i meant to name the thread growth drug, i somehow put growing drug.