Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: growing drug?

2kitties I know all about that average kid line. I'm 5'2' hubby is 6'5" Our grown children prove it. 22yr old daughter 5'6", 20yr old son 5'11" and still growing as his dad did till about age 25. My mom is 5'3" and dad is 5'5"

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    yep we watch it too. thats were i heard about it. i'm pretty tall an i love it. people generally don't like thier height, tall people want to to shorter and short people want to be tall IMO anyways
    You watch it too? Cool! I agree, I think it's dumb..some people cant be happy about them selves. I am, im 5'6

yeah we watch it every morning. you know that guy with the blonde hair in a wierd bowl cut? everybody at my school hates his hair...

lol Yup!

Does anybody else watch Channel 1?

I used to watch Channel 1 when I was in high school. I'm not too sure how I feel about the growth drug, I really hate being short. I have having to use a stool to get to the cabinets in my kitchen.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I've never heard of it, but from what you describe, it sounds a little dumb to me. Unless for medical reasons, Why can't people just be happy with how they are?

As someone that personally knows two young males afflicted with the condition, and their use of the drug, I can only tell you that it is not 'dumb', and it isn't a matter of one being unhappy with themselves. There is a whole psychology that is involved here. It isn't a matter of one person being shorter than the other.With the use of this drug, both boys were able to add inches to their heights. Neither will ever be considered 'normal' or 'average', but, at least now able to actively participate in life and the many opportunities it offers. Absent this drug, ordinary things like driving, sitting at a desk/chair/restaurant, finding clothes that aren't tailored, etc., will now be a possibility.

Some times, things just really aren't quite as 'easy' as people make them out to be.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    As someone that personally knows two young males afflicted with the condition, and their use of the drug, I can only tell you that it is not 'dumb', and it isn't a matter of one being unhappy with themselves. There is a whole psychology that is involved here. It isn't a matter of one person being shorter than the other.With the use of this drug, both boys were able to add inches to their heights. Neither will ever be considered 'normal' or 'average', but, at least now able to actively participate in life and the many opportunities it offers. Absent this drug, ordinary things like driving, sitting at a desk/chair/restaurant, finding clothes that aren't tailored, etc., will now be a possibility.

Some times, things just really aren't quite as 'easy' as people make them out to be.
    That's very true. I know a boy who used to be in my brother's class throughout elementry school. He wasn't just short.............he was TINY, so short, that it was abnormal. I don't know if it was this drug or some other, that the doctors gave him, but it helped him grow a considerable amount. Without it, he would have stayed so small that it would have made life difficult.

My cousin's friend is on growing drugs. He's 13 and 4'5. The doctors said that he was too short for his age so they put him on them.
    I've been BOO'd!

I'm 15, and I am currently 5'9" and probably still growing. I've always been one of the tallest in class throughout elementry and some of junior high.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.