Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MY chihuahua~ pix inside

MY chihuahua~ pix inside

hello guys im new to here. just wanna share my new puppy with u guys.
    he's 7 weeks old
    very tiny :P just got him today!

can anyone tell me how i make pix larger?

i uploaded my pix on MSN.com page and i couldnt copy paste the larger pix addy only the small pix works
    Last edited by Unist; 12-18-2003 at 03:10 AM.

Try imagestation, it is free and you can get the larger pics from there. Just sign up at imagestation and upload your pics there. There are others I think.

Anyway, the pics of your new chihuahua is very cute, looks like a black and tan? Is it a boy or a girl? What is its name?

I love the chihuahua breed, they are such loyal breeds.

Congratulations on your new puppy. We like pics, so post plenty of those, so we may watch your puppy grow up.

If you need help there are a lot of people that are very willing to help here.

WELCOME TO PET TALK!!

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I'm not a super computer person so I don't know anything about doing pictures. I get mine put on disk at Walmart. The disk comes with a program that I can resize the pictures with.

Tray asked all the questions I was going to ask.

I can see in the pictures that your little chihuahua is very cute. I have a chihuahua, too. Her name is Tiny. They can really make you feel like you have a small baby!

Welcome to Pet Talk, This is a great place, because we all love and care about each other's pets, as well as caring about each other.

Hope to see more pictures of your new baby.

My name is Ann, I am owned by two dogs,two cats,two cockatiels and seven frogs.

Last edited by amoore; 12-18-2003 at 07:20 PM.

thanks guys!

is a he and his name is Turco.
    how do i train him to pee and poo on papers instead of carpet
    my carpet

Oh my God, I am in love, look at those short legs, and that tail that curls, I love Turco. He is just toooo cute! I love his coloring, black and tan. Thanks for sharing these pics with all Chihuahua lovers.

I have three or four of my own, can't keep up with all of them, I have two here that belongs to the grandkids and my daughter. So yeap, that makes four. Had to take a head count. LOL.

I want to Welcome you and Turco to Pet Talk, and be sure to have pictures. Everybody loves pictures.

Tray

thank you.
    he is adorable
    questions: how do i train him to pee or pee on papers?
    i took him to shower today morning and he was shivering after shower, is that normal?
    i used hair dryer to dry his body tho.

thanks!

So cute! I love your Turco!
    I don't know how to paper-train one. I take mine out on a leash, she loves the outdoors anyway.
    Dogs seem drawn to use carpets, I don't know why. Tiny has never peed in the house. I have an older dog that goes out, and Tiny thinks she should be like big sister. Jojo is the one that housebroke Tiny. I don't have carpet in the rooms where they stay. Maybe that is why they don't do their thing in the house.

I had one dog who didn't pee in the house unless the door to the carpeted room was left open.
    Maybe a room without carpet and some paper put down on the floor,would get him use to start using paper.
    Last edited by amoore; 12-18-2003 at 07:23 PM.

I have a friend that uses a hairdryer on hers, his name is Chico, and he loves it and even wants his teeth flossed when she is flossing her teeth.

I think I would crate him for awhile, and until he gets the hang of it. Always show him the paper when he first wakes up of a morning and after he eats, they go by smell a lot, so if their smell is on the paper, then you should be able to get him to use it. If he doesn't use the paper first time, put him back in the crate, which should not be very big. If you do catch him doing his duty in the floor, then just say no in a firm voice and put him on the paper.

Always watch that little guy when he out playing, and don't slack off on his training. He will get the idea after a while. Ann, has her little Tiny House broke so well, of course she takes Tiny outside. She could probably give you better pointers about training than I could. My pups do pretty good on paper, but Buffy loves to go outside. LOL.

Good luck on training this little cutie. He is a treasure.

Tray

See, I knew she would have the best idea. LOL. Her Tiny is the apple of her eye.

That sounds like a good idea about maybe putting something up in front of the paper so he can't get off, like some kind of barrier, a small bathroom might be the answer, just have paper all over, I heard one time where somebody was housebreaking the pup, and they started out with the paper covering the whole floor of the small room, and as the pup started using the paper, and got better at it, they would remove one block, and then another, and soon the pup was using the paper. Sounds like a good idea. I never tried it but it is worth a try.

Tray

She sure is.

thanks a lot! i will try that way!

another question, he likes so bite anything he sees. even my fingers, but it doesnt hurt. so should i buy a lil toy for him to bite ?
    but if i do so, will he bite people when he grows up?
    is that normal? maybe because he's still a baby likes to bite anything?
    any inputs will be appreciated.

Sometimes a Chihuahua is very protective over the people they love, and most take up with one person, love the whole family, but will attach themselves to that one person. They are amazing pets, I have even heard of them grieving themselves to death, because of the loss of their human.

It would be good to get him a toy to play with, afterall he is just a baby. You said something about him trembling, after he had a bath. Some Chihuahuas will shiver, even when they are not cold. A lot of them just have it in their personalitys to shiver. Nervousness. LOL.

These little fellows are very brave, and will take on any size dog to protect the people they love, Lord help us if they were the size of a Doberman. My first one hated my daddy, it was so funny, she was so tempermental, she only accepted her own family. Your going to love owning a chihuahua, they are indeed very loyal, and great little lappuppies. Mine sleeps with me. Cuddles right up to me under the cover.

Tray

Puppies biting is mostly a teething thing. Get him some small rawhide "bones" and chewtoys for dogs. Little cheap stuffed animals and small rubber balls work good, too. Show him you are happy when he chews on these. Dogs really want to please you!

When he bites, kind of tap him hard on the nose and say "NO!" in a loud voice. This takes a while to get comfortable doing, but they need to know when they do something that makes you unhappy. They really do not want to displease.

And chewing gets less after 6 or 8 months. At least that's what the books say!

oh great info u guys!!
    thanks so much!!
    i will take some pix of him later and post up
    now imma go play with him