Thread: University

University

Konbanwa minasan
    -sigh- I sent in my application for university today. I was in no rush to apply but there was a class I wanted to take which I hear is likely to be unavailible for the next few years, and I -really- wanted to take it. Unfortunatly, there is only 2 spots open and I have to wait atleast a week to see if I'm accepted..hopefully I am. I think I will be though..Anywya, my friend said she was signing up for the class too, so that means only 1 spot. Grrrr, I'm annoyed. I actually have an interest for the class (Japanese) where as I believe my friend is just taking it 'because'. I have learned an odd amount of the language and culture from -lots- of japanese anime, shogun, and my brother who took the course before. I -hope- something happens and I can get in but I doubt it. I mean 2 spots isn't a lot esp seeing the other 2 were taking in just a few days. Maybe I can find a japanese tutor..............yeah ok maybe not.
    Anyway I'm really nervous about how hard university is going to be..as I'm not one to study 600 hours a day...But this course makes me actually -want- to go..which is strange, I've never wanted to go to school..I've actually been thinking of some way I could go to Japan..like a work study or something, as I can't afford to go. I love their language..! Ok I'll shut up now with this stupid pointless post..How was/is your university experience??

Oyasumi nasai, ja ne.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I *HATED* University. I was totally excited about it when I enrolled, and by the end of my four years I was completely disheartened by the entire experience. In a lot of ways I wish I hadn't gone, but enrolled in a technical college or something rather than an actual university.

I'm attending a local State College.......honestly, I hate it very very very much.

Wait, that wasn't very positive, was it?

I went to the biggest university in the country, took a semester break at a community college, then returned to the big university. There were ups and there were downs, but altogether I had an enjoyable experience that I wouldn't trade. Even the negative experiences taught me valuable lessons. I think it is something at least everyone should try. And if its not for you, then you can always go on and try something else.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

University was the greatest experience of my life so far. I wouldn't trade those years for anything in the world. My greatest friendships started in Cobb Dorm. What a great place! Make sure you do everything you possibly can and don't miss any opportunities for education or fun.
    Congratulations!

I loved my college years, Audrey. But I must admit, I probably made more of the "extracurricular" activities than I did my studies!! But I got through it, and graduated in 4 years, no summer school!

My father finished Clemson University exactly 30 years before me, and he will be celebrating his 50th class reunion this coming summer. Oh my goodness!!! That means 20 years for me since my graduation, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Good luck to you!!!

Logan

Over the years I have been to three different universities (for different degrees). There are ups and downs associated with going to university, but it is something that I have never regretted (although there have been plenty of times I have wanted to quit, especially this last time). But please remember, regardless of what may happen in your life the one thing that can never be taken away from you is your education. So pursue it with a passion, but remember like anything of value, it is alot of hard work.

I'm still in high school lol. I'm never going to go to university. I'm going to CWCC though, which is a dog training college.

Didn't you have the choice of Japanese in your school? At my school they teach Japanese; alot of my friends are in the class.
    I've been BOO'd!

Nope, through high school all we had here for language was french. I believe they're going to start teaching galic (sp) or something. But as far as I know, this is the only place here that I can take it and its only offered every so often.

Really, only French? Wow lol. At my school we take French, Japanese, German, and Spanish. I'm not in any of them because languages frustrate me lol. I'll stick with English.
    I've been BOO'd!

lol, yeah I was like that with french. Japanese interests me though. I live in a really small place, everyone speaks english here so that could be it.