Thread: adopted a new kitty but she is sick....

adopted a new kitty but she is sick....

I adoppted a new kitty a few weeks ago, but everytime she uses the bathroom, it sticks really horrible, I know its not normal, I have 2 other cats and they dont have the same symptons. What can be wrong? please e-mail me if you may know, or even have a idea of what it may be [email protected] THANKS!
    >^..^< Meow Meow Meow >^..^<

Please check your PM's. I sent you one.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sounds like it could be Coccidia or Giarrdia. Get your vet to test it's BM. Albon is good for clearing these up. GOOD LUCK!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Welcome. I think you should have the kittens stool sample checked by a vet to make sure she doesn't have any parasites. I personally have noticed that the kittens here are sellier than the adults, and a lot of it is caused by the different food they eat vs. the adults. But it is always a good idea to have them checked. Good luck with her.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Stinky Poo

When we first adopted Cammie she could clear a room when she used the cat box. We fed her the same food they were feeding her in the shelter but she refused to touch the stuff. So, she started eating the Science Diet stuff that our other kitty eats and now she doesn't stink. If the vet doesn't find any problems, it could be just her system getting used to different foods.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I foster kittens, and boy do they lay ripe steamers! It's often parasites (roundworms, giardia, coccidia, etc.) We worm all our kittens with strongid on spec; that narrows down a lot of problems.

Good luck and welcome to Pet Talk!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb