Thread: I feel so guilty

I feel so guilty

We have to drop Walter off at the vet tonight because he has his neutering appt. tomorrow.

The reason that I am feeling bad is that he is probably going to think that we are abandoning him. He has already been abandoned twice by people and I know that is what he is going to think is happening this time. He had been in the shelter for 2 months when we finally adopted him, in that time he had gone to a home for a week, but they didn't want to keep him

We have to leave him over night and cannot pick him up until after work tomorrow

I just don't know how I can tell him that we will be back and that we are not leaving him like the others did? Any ideas on how to make this easier for him?

I will make sure that he gets lots of extra love tomorrow when we bring him back home

Could you wear an old shirt for a while and let it get your scent on it and then take it to the vet clinic to put in his kennel? Our vet let us do that with Chester when he was neutered. I'd like to think that it made him feel better.

Walter is so lucky to have FINALLY found the forever home he is so deserving of I understand how pained you are at the thought of "abandoning" him, but you're not! This time, his family WILL be back for him! I'm sure he'lll be a little confused when you drop him off. But, once the surgery is over, he'll be very sedated and most likely sleep the night away First thing in the morning, he'll be back with his family! It would be nice if the vet would allow you to leave something with your scent on it, just for a little added comfort And once he sees your face, all of his fears will be forgotten. Good luck tomorrow. Try not to worry, though I know that's hard! And check in when you can!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks for the idea fo bringing him something from home that smells of me Never would have thought of that.

I am sure that Walter will be ok once I go to get him, but I just dread seeing the look on his face when we leave him there

I will give you all an update on Fri. about how he is doing

{{{HUGS}}} to you Walter! (And Mom!)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You can help Walter a great deal if you can manage to put
    on a happy & confident face when you take him there. You know
    that you'll be back & he'll be a lot less stressed if you leave him
    with the feeling that "I'll be right back". Dog's have no concept
    of time as we do. I hope they allow you to bring along a shirt
    or something with your scent on it for the overnight stay. It will
    help too. Pretend you're an actor & give a great performance of
    confidence & "rightness" to his visit & wait till you are back outside to worry or fret about it. Walter will take his que from
    you. Let us know how it goes, o. k.?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

well somewhat good but anny9ng news. Walter did not go in for his neutering last night. Basically what happened, is when we had adopted Walter from teh shelter they had scheduled the appt. They had also told us that he would be needing his booster shots soon, and if we were going to do it before the surgery it had to be done a week in advance.

So we brought him last night and the vet told us that he was supposed to have his booster shot 2 weeks before he could be neutered and that we would have to reschedul the appt. so now it is set for Jan. 9th.

This was just really annoying because we rushed home from work got Walter all ready then had to turn around and come back home.

Oh well, he will go in later

Ack! Sorry to hear about the delay. But when his appointment does come, I wish him all the luck.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June