Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: do u speak another language{sp?}?

do u speak another language{sp?}?

I know ASL, american sign language. It is the only language I know other then English. lol ...

better then only knowing one language I guess. ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I grew up around hispanics, so a bit of Spanish. And a tad of French because my bio-father is from France. I keep in contact with his family. Very little though!

Thank you Wolfie!

I took French all through high school and college. I know some Spanish that I've picked up here and there.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Well I studied freanch in 2nd school for 4 years but I still cant say anything other than "Bonjer".
    Soon I'm going to learn Cornish, its rarely spoken at all but I'm cornish and i want to known my language! (they should have taught me that at school instead of freach,lol)
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Good for you, Jynelle, learning sign language! (And yes, you spelled it correctly). Our daughter, Elizabeth, takes a sign language class after school, once a week. I think knowing sign language is something to be very proud of!

I'm ashamed to say that I only know English. Although I do speak a pretty good Dog, Cat and Bird.

In addition to English, I speak Arabic (native speaker) and French (learned in school for 12 years) Now I am starting up my German classes since moving to Germany vack in October.

*Some* French. I'm taking it this year, and will most likely take it next year.

My sister is 11 years old and knows American Sign Language almost PERFECTLY. She's teaching me.

The title of this thread:

"do u speak another language {sp?}"

Let's start with You. Y-O-U. Come on. You're asking if people speak a language other than english. It seems fitting you'd speak it yourself when posing your question. And a spell check or a dictionary will take less than 60 seconds to look up the "language." It's not a quick word you're typing in the body of your post. It's your headline, for goodness' sake.

I'm not trying to be a pain here, but the thread is ABOUT speaking the language.

The reason most young Americans speak english poorly is not because they can't, but because they won't. It's pure laziness.

Pssst....Canuks, too!

Thanks Soledad!

I speak Spanish fluently. THe good thing about knowing a romance language very well is that they are all fairly simillar so while I can't speak french or italian, if someone speaks slow enough I can have an understanding of what is being said since many of the words are simillar.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by 2kitties
    The title of this thread:

"do u speak another language {sp?}"

Let's start with You. Y-O-U. Come on. You're asking if people speak a language other than english. It seems fitting you'd speak it yourself when posing your question. And a spell check or a dictionary will take less than 60 seconds to look up the "language." It's not a quick word you're typing in the body of your post. It's your headline, for goodness' sake.

I'm not trying to be a pain here, but the thread is ABOUT speaking the language.

The reason most young Americans speak english poorly is not because they can't, but because they won't. It's pure laziness.
    get over it
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Laura, don't I know it! When I was studying Italian, I would ALWAYS go back to Spanish when in doubt. Sometimes it worked, but other times I'd get homework/tests back with "This is not Spanish class, but ITALIAN" written on it.

I can understand Spanish a lot better than I can speak it, but I could stumble my way through talking to a Spanish-speaking person if I had to.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I also found that being fluent in Spanish greatly helped me with my SAT, most of the words had latin roots so I would try to comapre it to spanish words since it's based off latin and most of the time it worked.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!