Thread: Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul food, now has canned food too!!

Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul food, now has canned food too!!

I have never given Dale canned food, i just mix the dry with warm water. But i found canned Chicken Soup for the dog and cat lovers soul at the pet store i go to yesterday. Since i use the dry for him and it is great food, i figured i would give him a tablespoon of this canned at dinnertime, just to add a bit of flavor...and he LOVES IT. It actually smells good, most wet canned foods stink, in my opinion. And it has lots of chunks of carrots and whole peas and chunks of potatoe and rice in it!! The have the big cans for $.99 each...so a tablespoon a day will last me probably one week.

Anyway, i just thought i would mention this to any of you who use the Chicken Soup food...the canned seems to be very good, with the first several ingriedients being similar to the dry: chicken, turkey, chicken broth,duck, salmon,chicken liver, whole grain brown rice,whole grain white rice,oatmeal, carrots,peas, potatoes,barley, egg, and it keeps going on.

I feel like i should be a spokesperson for this food, maybe if we ever show Dale some day, we can promote it heheheheh!!

We fed Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul til this Spring, when Abby developed kidney stones & crystals in her urine. We got 2 vets opinions & both said it is an EXCELLENT food...for dogs that are not predisposed to kidney problems... So...we had to stop using it & she's had no problems since...

Thanks vinjashira for the siggy

i noticed the CSFDLS canned food too when I was at the feed store picking up dog food...i might pick up a couple cans and give them a bit a few times a week

we just switched from chicken soup to premium edge..but the premium edge doesnt seem to be agreeing with Shadow and maggie so i think we'll be switching back to the Chicken soup