Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitten Freed After Getting Stuck In Van

Kitten Freed After Getting Stuck In Van

ELK GROVE, Calif., 10:59 a.m. PST December 4, 2003 - Elk Grove firefighters responded to a "stuck cat" call Wednesday, but this cat wasn't up a tree, it was in the front end of a car.

The cat got stuck in the front suspension of Andrea Ventura's Ford Aerostar van, which was parked in a shopping center parking lot.

"I was in Bath and Body Works and seen this little kitten run up into my engine," Ventura said.

Fire crews arrived and tried to entice the cat out without success.

"It appears that the cat is caught up underneath the axle and the engine. We've tried working our way through it for 45 minutes ... we're not going to get it out. We're going to have to dismantle part of the car," Elk Grove Fire Department Capt. Jim Mackensen said.

The van was finally towed to the service department at nearby Elk Grove Ford.

"She's crawled up into the a-frame in the control arm ... we're going to get a couple of guys to pull this down so we can get the cat out," Elk Grove Ford spokesman Dave Bright said.

Three hours later, a very frightened and dirty kitten was pulled from the front end of the vehicle.

Ventura said she's going to adopt the cat and will name it "Aerostar."

The rescue cost Ventura nothing -- the towing company and Elk Grove Ford donated their time and equipment.

Thank you Wolfie!

AWWWWWWWWW what a sad and sweet story!!! How nice of all those people to help save the kitty!! The firemen, wrecker service, and mechanics!! And the nice lady is going to adopt her as well!!

Oh what a Merry Christmas for little Aerostar!!!

Thanks for this story, it sure has brightend my evening!

I love happy endings like that!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I love happy animal stories. Glad she adopted the little thing. What a nice lady.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I really like stories with happy endings and where everyone works towards saving an animal and not just for profit.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Originally posted by CatDad
    I really like stories with happy endings and where everyone works towards saving an animal and not just for profit.
    Very well said Bryan, I couldn't agree with you more.
    What an adorable tuxie kitty.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aww -- Little Aerostar went to a lot of trouble to pick her furrever meowmie - guess she REALLY wanted to be with her! I love happy endings too.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

AWW - what a great happy ending! I am so glad the little cutie found such a good home!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

What a great story!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Aww, I love happy endings too
    Aerostar is so cute! I'm so happy she found a nice home
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

THIS was just the sweetest story!! I love that the truck company and wrecker plus the fire department all worked together for no charge and that the lady will adopt Aerostar!! What a great Christmas time story to read!! I wish Aerostar's meowmie was on this forum - woudn't that be fun?? To keep up with him?? That was great to read about. Thanks for posting it, Tonya!

What a wonderful story! Yay to Aerostar and her forever home.

Now THAT is a great story! They certainly find a way to get into our hearts and lives!

What a great story! I'm so glad the lady saw the kitten climb into the car in the first place, and the towing company and the Ford dealer really need to be commended for their good will work.

Good luck in your new furrever home Aerostar!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Cat stuck in Van

Quote Originally Posted by catcrazylady View Post
    AWWWWWWWWW what a sad and sweet story!!! How nice of all those people to help save the kitty!! The firemen, wrecker service, and mechanics!! And the nice lady is going to adopt her as well!!

Oh what a Merry Christmas for little Aerostar!!!

Thanks for this story, it sure has brightend my evening!
    Well Here is an Update for Aerostar the cat. My Name is Jim and I was the primary Mechanic at Elk Grove Ford that Freed the Kitten from the van, My 6yr old Son was upset that I didnt bring him home and we saw The local News clip on him and me holding him in the towels. Aerostar as she called him. was returned the next day to the Ford Dealer because her own cats didnt like him. She called me and asked if I still wanted him, So I took him home, My Wife fell in love with him and my Son re-named him Travis. He is still a member of this family as several other cats we have rescued since Travis and Fiona (she was rescued 2 months prior).