Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a stray

a stray

I was out walking Tikeya the other day and I beautiful strey akita mal cross came trotting out of the bushes towards me and Tikeya he was very VERY friendly and had no tags, I took some pics here they are...

This is a house I pass often they own a boston terrier and a rottie, the rottie is int his pic, you can kinda see it and it is a gaurd dog... The lil boston terrier gets to sleep inside while the rottie is tied up all day and it freaks out growning and attacking its lead when anyone passes ... poor thing

Here he is all hyper hopping around me, I took this crappy pic lol

here is a pic of Tikeya and him meeting.

A pic of him sniffing where Tikeya has just peed

a beautiful pic of his face, one blue eye and one brown . soo cute.

Tikeya and the stray playing

Sniff Sniff

He is soo pritty

I felt soo badly for him, his collar was sooo tiute that he has a black ring around his neck. He floowed me all the way home. He loved Tikeya soo much they played for like an hour befor I started to walk home. he almost got hit by a car following me!! so I hooked him up to Tikeyas leash and held Tikeyas collar with my other hand, and took them streight home. I tied him up in my garage where it was warm for him *he wasnt neutered*, and I called the shelter to come and get him. and they did.

I feel kinda bad for calling the shelter, but It is better then lettign him run about the streets right??
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I have no idea what happend to this pic, I dont know why there is redish coloring in the corner, that isnt blood so dont be affraid lol. My cam must have done sumthing weired.. humm.....

He's so pretty. You did the right thing. Much better than getting hit by car or subject to the cruelty of humans. Maybe a breed rescue will come to his aid. Hope they took off that tight collar.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    I have no idea what happend to this pic, I dont know why there is redish coloring in the corner, that isnt blood so dont be affraid lol. My cam must have done sumthing weired.. humm.....
    It's your leash

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    He's so pretty. You did the right thing. Much better than getting hit by car or subject to the cruelty of humans. Maybe a breed rescue will come to his aid. Hope they took off that tight collar.
    I lossened it it was on the last hole, I losened it to the 3rd to last hole so I could fit my hands confertably (sp?) under his collar.

ok yeah that is her leash lol.. My bad lol

That is so sad, that is collar was to tight, and
    he is running around with-out any tags.
    Make me wonder if his owners did not want
    him anymore.

----<---<--<{(@

Originally posted by KYS
    That is so sad, that is collar was to tight, and
    he is running around with-out any tags.
    Make me wonder if his owners did not want
    him anymore.
    makes me wonder too, the way he looked, tite collar, mats, burrs, he was really skinny. He was very very ppl and other dog friendly though. If the owners want him back they can go pay the 100$ fee and get him. And by the looks of his condition they probably wont get him back. He will probably be adopted out, after being neutered. .

He's very cute and you did the right thing by calling the shelter and getting him off the streets. Now he at least has a chance to find a nice loving home. I don't think he has any malamute in him though, especially with that blue eye. Malamutes don't have blue eyes, so unless akita's do I doubt there is mal in there

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    He's very cute and you did the right thing by calling the shelter and getting him off the streets. Now he at least has a chance to find a nice loving home. I don't think he has any malamute in him though, especially with that blue eye. Malamutes don't have blue eyes, so unless akita's do I doubt there is mal in there
    yes malamutes do have blue eyes. my grandmother bred alaskan malamutes for 15 years and her main breeding female had one blue eye.

in the AKC breeder showing disqualifications they state that blue eyes make a malamute discualified in the showing ring, BUT malamutes do often have blue eyes.

yes malamutes do have blue eyes. my grandmother bred alaskan malamutes for 15 years and her main breeding female had one blue eye.
    Hmmm interesting. I had read that blue eyes had effectivley been removed from malamute genetics over years of selectively breeding for brown ones. I guess you learn something everyday

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    Hmmm interesting. I had read that blue eyes had effectivley been removed from malamute genetics over years of selectively breeding for brown ones. I guess you learn something everyday
    that is also true BUT alot of breeders like the blue eyes and so they breed with the pure bred alaskan mals with blue eyes as well. The blue eyes mal pups are more expensive though, dont ask me why lol.

Yes that was the right thing to do. I have found like 3 strays and called the shelter to come get them and then a go visit them til they are adopted. One time I got a 10 dollar award for finding this dog that they'd been looking for for a month that had been running in stores and everything LOL! He was so cute though, a lab mix.
    Do you think you'll go visit him at the shelter? He looked really skinny for an Akita Male! People make me made when they don't take care of their animals! DOGS ARE A BIG RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!! How many people and how many times to we dog people have to tell the world to take care of them?

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!

i know what you mean. I would go visit him at the shelter BUT i live half an hour away from the shelter and he will be staying at the pound for a while till they are sure no owners are coming to get him.

that is also true BUT alot of breeders like the blue eyes and so they breed with the pure bred alaskan mals with blue eyes as well. The blue eyes mal pups are more expensive though, dont ask me why lol.
    Probably because they are then producing so called "rare" dogs. They're just breeding to get bucks. Why else would they breed for a known disqualification?

*Thanks Ashley*