Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chilly weather means it's time to move the big guy inside.

Chilly weather means it's time to move the big guy inside.

Chilly weather only means one thing around our house, Vern leaves his outside cage and joins us inside. It's time to watch where we walk, you never know whos lurking around.

Just try cooking dinner with him around.....it can be interesting. lol Of course the fun really comes when you are taking a shower and Vern decides to join you. As he is right now in the shower waiting....... He loves that steam.

WOW How big is he? His colors are so pretty.....oops....HANDSOME

He's gorgeous! What length is he? I'd be terrified I tripped over him, he could possibly stretch the whole length of my kitchen!

WOW!! He is gorgeous!!

Welcome inside Vern! You obviously rule your domain, and you are GORGEOS!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

nice pic, what a pritty guy!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Vern is over 6 feet long right now, he is a big boy. Then we have George who is 5 feet long running around here somewhere, George is a hider so we don't have to worry to much about stepping on him, he always on a shelf or the top of the curtins. As much as I love them both I can't wait till it warms up and they can go back outside, it just makes life easier. This morning I found George on the kitchen counter.

Then there is the guest problem. Poor Dan came over last night and used the bathroom, he didn't look to pleased when he came out.......Vern, he said, keep a close eye on him. I have noticed we are not getting as much company over right now, as normal.......I wonder why!!

You're lucky I don't live close to you. I'd be over every day!

Vern, you're a REAL looker!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

WOW!!!!! Do you just give them the run of the house, or do they have aquariums to go to when you need to put them up? How do they live when they are outdoors?? Sorry to be so full of questions! I know nothing about these guys!!!

Logan

Logan, Not a problem on the questions a lot of people ask the same things. If you don't have a Iguana how can you know whats it's like living with them.

They sort of get the run of the house during the day. At night Vern gets locked in the bathroom with his heat lamp. George, we don't lock up much sense he stays up on a shelf most of the time not like Vern who gets into eveything. Vern is just a little more taim then George so he has no problem going anywhere he wants, up your leg, under the bed, on the fish tanks etc etc. Of course after this morning with George on the counter, he might have to be put in the other bathroom tonight too.

Most of the time they do live outside in these huge cages that my husband built for them on the back deck. We are lucky we live in Florida sense the weather is warm enough for them, most of the year.

When they where little they did have aquariums, but they are just to big now. All in all it's not to bad living with them, just as long as you don't scare them when their not looking or else you might get a tail wiping.

BTW: here's a picture of George.

WOW! Those are gorgeous iguanas!! That is soo cool how they get pretty much free roam of the house. I love George's green-ness!

Where do they go potty!?!?!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Nice!

I used to have a six foot long male green iguana named Willie. He ran around the house a lot of the time, but he also had a big cage ... took up an entire wall in the living room.

He liked to lay across the fireplace mantel ... lots of people thought he was "decoration" until he moved. Scared a lot of people, he did!

Willie was "litter box trained" ... I kept a cat litter box half full of water, and that is where he did his business. Iguanas are very clean animals.

And, yeah, you definately want to avoid those tails when they are angry ... it's like getting smacked with a baseball bat!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Gorgeous...

What do the dogs think of them?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

facinating, the things you can learn. feel free to give us all iguana lessons.