Thread: Breeder Referrene?

Breeder Referrene?

I'm working with two breeders to select a pure breed male Maine Coon brown tabby. Here are the two:

http://www.geocities.com/pawstuctaway

http://www.amerrykoon.com

Any input would be helpful. This is my first kitten purchase from a breeder.

Mikey

Have you tried to find a rescue maine coon kitten, I understand even pure breeds end up in shelters ?

Maybe Petfinder will have one near you ?

Edit. I saw you're new post with a main coon mix, just beautiful.

Originally posted by PayItForward
    Have you tried to find a rescue maine coon kitten, I understand even pure breeds end up in shelters ?

Maybe Petfinder will have one near you ?

Edit. I saw you're new post with a main coon mix, just beautiful.
    Yep, we found him. A mix and really cute. I tried Maine Coon Rescue but nothing really there that we were interested in.

Hi Mike,

Since you found your Gizmo kitten, do you still need breeder recomendations?

EDIT:
    Never mind, you were posting as the same time I was. You found the kitty after you posted this.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Originally posted by CatDad
    Hi Mike,

Since you found your Gizmo kitten, do you still need breeder recomendations?

EDIT:
    Never mind, you were posting as the same time I was. You found the kitty after you posted this.
    We are still looking for a brown tabby maine coon. We located two of them, hence the info request.

We want to bring in another kitty but there's not much on MCR. I don't want to wait too long since our kitty is new it will be easier for another to accept each other.

I understand.

That being the case, I would send a private message to RP Cathouse(make sure and put in the space). You can find some of her posts in Cat Breed. She is actually a breeder of MCs and would probably have better insight.

I am unfortunately clueless when it come to dealing with breeders. However, if I was going to do that I would talk to her first.

Good luck. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by CatDad; 12-02-2003 at 05:01 PM.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I actually found these on MCR but I can't get anyone to call me or e-mail me back!

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...=1&row=0&tmpl=

Yet their message says they can't accept any more strays because they are full

Mikey,

Check your PM's. I sent you one. Just a word of warning...my best friend adopted a beautiful Maine Coon named Lady from a shelter in New Jersey through the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue. She was told the cat was about 3 years old and in perfect health. It turns out she was 12+ years old and was cancer ridden. I'm sad to say that Lady, after a battery series of tests, had to be put down, in order to spare her pain.

If I can find out the name of this rescue organization, I will definitely pass it along. I'd hate to have you go through the pain and agony that my best friend went through.
    Last edited by moosmom; 12-02-2003 at 06:26 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!