Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with my landlord.....

Trouble with my landlord.....

Okay, well I'm not going to go into too much detail......they really aren't that important.

My landlord called me last Wednesday and told me about a little "problem" he was having with one of my neighbors. Apparently, they have a Mastiff or something that they were told they couldn't have to begin with......this dog caused some major problems. My landlord has decided that no one can have any pets over 30lbs......which means no more Moosey. Luckily, my parents are willing to take him in and let him live with them....which means I'll still get to see him as often as I'd like.

I feel bad for not saying something sooner, but I thought I'd be able to work something out with him or come up with some kind of solution. He's met Moose before when I first moved into the house, and he knows just how sweet and "low-key" he is.....but he "doesn't want to take any chances." Unfortunately, there is no reasoning with him.....which means Moosey has to go.

I just thought I should let you all know......but hopefully, I'll have some good news about Moosey coming home sometime soon. Or so I hope..... I'm just glad I didn't have to give him "away" and can still see him whenever I feel like it. I guess I should be happy about that.....

Aww... poor Moosey... poor Brookie... At least your parents can take him, and like you said, you won't have to give him to someone you don't know. Hoping for the best!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Awww *hugs* Brooke. I wish your landlord would let you keep Moose but it seems that he's going to the next best place. Hope we can still get some regular updates (and pictures)

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Will do, Liana. Expect REGULAR updates. lol

How much does Moose weigh? Can't he make it "no dogs over XX (Moose's weight) pounds? If not, at least he'll be in a good and happy place until you can find a Moose-acceptable place again!

Karen -- Moosey is around 65-70lbs......and my landlord absolutely refuses to change the size limit.

I'm just glad Moose seems so happy at my parents....he has Barret to play with, as well as my sister....so he'll never really be alone, which is good. It's rough, but there could be worse things I guess.

Awww I'm sorry to hear that...but at least he's going to the next best place
    Hope things work out, and yes, we'll still need regular updates and pics
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

It takes some people to ruin it for others, I hate that. Then they act as if nothing ever happened and it's all the landlords fault. At least he will be with you parents rather then a shelter or some strangers.

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

I would check into the legality of that. Is there a pet clause in the contract you signed when you moved in? Usually when they change restrictions, they allow people who are currently there to stay there, but wouldn't allow any new people to move in with large dogs.

Are you going to look for a new place to live now?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly -- Thanks for the suggestion.....I'll be looking into that. I was planning on calling him tonight or tomorrow to try and see if there is anything else I can do. My parents had mentioned that, but I didn't know what they were talking about. lol.

I am looking around for a new place, but there is nothing in the area that I can afford, or really want. My house right now is right on campus and has been working out really well.

I'll keep you updated on the whole deal here.

Well, you know what I'd do! I'd go where ever Moose went! Good luck on finding a place that lets you have something besides wannabes.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Oh that sucks. I can't imagine having to live apart from Samantha. There's such a difference between a Mastiff and Moose... he could've set the weight limit at a different one than 30 lbs. Glad that you can still see Moose whenever you want. Will you be looking for another place so that Moose can come back and live with you?

I'm with aly, I would check into the legality of what he is doing. It sounds like he would be changing a lease mid term. Just a suggestion and it sounds like you are on good term with him and making it a legal battle may not be the best idea. He would also have you next time te lease comes up for renewal.

You might want to see if he could do something, like make a grandfather clause and let Moose stay while keeping new pets from comming in. That would be a way to handle it and still be fair to all. I don't know if you would be willing to move, but you can ask about grandfathering moose in and back it up with the a threat to move. However if he says no you would be in a postition of having to movw.

I really wish I had a better suggestions.

Well however it turns out at least Moose has a good place to stay. That is a bright spot.

Let us know what happens.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

That's to bad. I hope you can work something out. At least he'll be in good hands.

I called him earlier this evening and he is going to "try to work something out." Who knows what that means.... I just want a final decision....yes or no. He said he'll call me back tomorrow morning....but who knows.