Thread: Less than 24 hours before the big "S" Day

Less than 24 hours before the big "S" Day

Tomorrow morning just after 7:00 a.m. I drop Miss Honey Muffin off to be spayed, chipped and have her teeth cleaned. We're also taking Max in to have his teeth cleaned.

Should be an interesting trip trying to get both of them to the vet by myself since Dick has to be to work by 7:00 a.m. They both get way too excited (almost hysterical) when they know they get to go "BBITC" (aka bye-bye in the car).

I know they'll be OK, but I'll worry all day.

I'll be thinking of you and Miss Honey Muffin and Max tomorrow--what a big day--teeth cleanings and all!!!
    Will Muffin have to stay overnight at the vet's?

Try not to worry, I know it's easier said than done--I've been through it 3 times, and it never gets any easier.

How cute that they get so excited to go in the car!! I know you can get them there ok--I got Kito, Abbey, and Riley all to the vet's one day when they had to be boarded (the day we moved into our house)--it wasn't easy, but it was ok!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I know how you feel, Sylvia is going in to be spayed and chipped in exactly one week I will say a prayer for your pups.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I should be getting used to this by now after as many dogs as we've had, but it just doesn't get any easier.

Muffin won't be a problem in the car. I put her in her car seat and strap her in. Max is a real pain in the rear in the car. He cries, whines, and carries on the whole trip. Normally when we take him to the vet, Dick comes along and holds him. That's the only way he'll stay any where near calm in the car. Yikes, thinking about it is giving me a headache on the top of the horrible head cold I have.

While Max is there, we're going to have his skin looked at. He's come up with more spots of scabby, peeling skin. He's not chewing his feet like he was, but he's losing more hair. And Dick noticed he has a couple of bumps in his neck under the skin (like lymph nodes). The poor little guy, he's got so many problems. We worry about him so much.

Even if he is a pain in the behind. He's our gazillion dollar dog! Gotta love the goof!

I hope all will go well tomorrow, Robin!

Well, we dropped them off. Dick was so upset to leave his little Muffin there. He cuddled her under his coat until they took her away. It was so cute.

Max wasn't going to let anybody touch him and he definitely wasn't going into that back room. They put a slip leash over his head and he pulled away to start. They told us it would be easier if we left and as soon as we walked out the door he turned and went with them sweet as can be.

They should be ready for pick up between 3:00 and 5:00 this afternoon. I'll be checking later to see how it went. Not really worried, but somehow I am - does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense. I couldn't even bear to take Samantha in for hers and asked my father to do it instead. I packed up two of her favorite animals and her blanket so that when she "woke up," she'd have familiar things around her. I also had my dad give the vet my work number and had them call me as soon as she was through the surgery.

Poor Muffin and Max will be fine - just a little sore for tonight. Samantha was back to her normal self the very next day - which made trying to keep her quiet for the following 9 very difficult. Dogs are amazing though and yours will do just fine. Let us know how it all goes.

Just talked to the vet's office. They both did fine. Will definitely be ready to go home today. Tried to call to Dick to give him the news but he's away from his phone. I'm sure he'll be relieved. My guess is he'll knock off work early and go get them.

Glad to hear it!! Now comes the hard part - keeping them quiet for the next two weeks. Good luck!!

Max just had his teeth cleaned and he's not a problem to keep quiet. If it involves a bed and sleeping - he's in.

Quiet? Miss Muffin - YIKES!! With her two running mates? I can see I'll be carrying her around for a couple of days. Lucky I bought one of those puppy sling-gos when I was at the discovery store in California.

Hopefully this will keep her out of trouble?!?