Thread: Another year, another vet visit

Another year, another vet visit

MY STORY:

PRE-PREP: A week ago, moved the soft-sided cat carrier into the main part of the house. I actually caught "the princess" napping in it once, and she promptly fled upon my recognition. Heaven forbid she actually appear to LIKE the cat carrier...but perhaps if it were more "part of the furniture", the eventual need to coax entry would not be met with such disdain.

I moved it from place to place, and in each case, found lil Miz Ritz on opposite ends of the room from it, glaring skirting it as if it held some invisible force field.

HER STORY:
    I'm beginning to wonder about Meomie - as if I wouldn't notice or remember....and I was NOT sleeping in it, I was checking around for one of my missing mice and urr, uh...well, I was just resting my eyes.

mom is up to something....

MY STORY - DAY OF ( V...E...T..) VISIT. Got up, behaved as usual, took the porta-puss device and placed in the small bathroom and closed the door so it would be nice and warm for the trip.

Played mousie with Ritz, brushed her, she was sleeping next to me while I was doing some computer work. I began to get ready and "poof" inviso cat. NOw mind you, no carrier had been visible, so there must be something she sensed was different.

"Princess", the cat formerly known as Ritz, was found in a "statue" pose between the kitchen wicker rockers...in the shadows. As I was moving some clothing to the laundry, I caught a glimpse of her tail.

I took a warm towel from the dryer and placed it inside the carrier. Ritz, from her little hiding place, let out a distinctly inquisitive MRRRRROOOOOWWWW... I picked her up, she purred, then she saw IT...

I quickly closed the bathroom door - small room, no place to hide, and quickly placed her 14-poundness in the carrier on the warm towel. A temporary lull from the warmth allowed me to flip the soft cover and start to zip it up. HA HA! Victory......NOT, Zippers occasionally get stuck, out jumps cat who then paws frantically at the bathroom door.

I reposition the bag, zip part the way and place her head first, growling and snarling the whole time....well...here we go again!

HER STORY:
    I think mom is losing her marbles. Who does she think she's kidding with that warm towel trick (it felt good, but don't tell her that)....These things always end up with someone sticking a needle in my hindside and something they call a metereader in my rear....a momometer...a thermotushyreador....anyway, it's rude and cold and I just don't give anyone permission to go there!

Growling and snorting seems to bring out the best in pets and hugs when I get home...after all, a primadonna puss has to maintain her good standing in snooty-little-cutie hall of fame!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

PART II-the exam

Happy to report all is well, healthy puss....grouchy and snarly and crabby as ever, but was a little quieter on the way home.

I always think she is going to hate me the rest of the day, but once I get home, she jumps out of the carrier, runs through the house and meows for about 10 minutes like she is telling a story (or cussing me out).

She is overly affectionate and playful...WHERE WAS THAT BEHAVIOR 10 minutes ago, hmmmm?

Anyway, another year behind us.....I'm thankful for tolerant vets with good sense of humor! (and thankful for a good bill of health)
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Great to hear everything went well at the vet's.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

He he he he he Sandra!! LOL!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Reading this I get "a feeling of deja vu all over again"!

Ritzy....you have maintained the proud tradition of spoiled cats everywhere!

Well, it is good to hear that Ritzy is well and that you both survived the visit to the V.E.T.

This sounds almost like what I go through with all of mine, especially Tucker. She went up one side of my face one time as I tried to get her into the plastic crate. That was the last time I tried putting her in one of those.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Glad to hear all is well with Ritzy. We always have a trauma and a chase round the house when it's vet time too.

Great story!

Glad all is well with the Princess
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I understand, I think that the kitties just know.

Joey is like that, we have a good chase around the house and I usually end up with some pretty good battle wounds.

Thank God Bob is pretty good about going.

Thanks for the story and I am glad to hear that all is well.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Oh sweet Ritzy, may I dare to say "Catzilla strikes back again!"???

I always have to chuckle at your V-E-T stories and they remind me a lot to Nellie's last visit (she now has a "bad cat" sticker on her record, too!!!)

Since she had to have her tartar removed earlier this year she simply hates each white coat, and at one of the last visits, one of the vets thought it would be a good idea to give her a pill for deworming, I just said "Uhm, If you think you'll manage this!" (I've never managed to give her a pill at all and was curious to see how the vet would do!)
    Oh, that was so much fun for all to watch, because I suddenly felt as if being in the middle of the latest Matrixmovie...what a performance!!!
    Now Nellie is called Meowtrix over here...heeheehee!!!

I am so glad everything's fine with you, Ritzy!!!
    You are simply the best!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

I am glad all's well with the Princess

tuxluvr I vote you to take Bastet on her next yearly visit to the VET. PLEASE!!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Glad to hear everythings ok. wow are my cats the only ones that just plop right in the carrier?! All I do is get the carrier out, pick up a kitty, and plop em' in!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

The amazing thing , to me , is how the cats know whose turn , that it is. and now is down to two, the Princess and BoBo , they are the ones that hide , while the Cats taht are not going back , lounge out in the open. I wonder , how it is that they know?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS