Thread: Need a hug for the anonymous kitty

Need a hug for the anonymous kitty

My dear friend called this morning hysterical. She'd hit a kitty on her way to work and needed some help. I called the humane society and arranged for them to come get the cat as it was still alive. Then I drove out to meet my friend so she wouldn't have to wait alone. She was so upset- an animal lover whose own cat had been killed by a neighbor's dog.
    Anyway, the shelter van picked up the cat but said it didn't look good.
    Gorgeous cat, white with a gray tophat and a tiger striped tail. Looked healthy but no collar. No way to tell if it was a stray or not. We didn't get too close to the animal- didn't think that would be safe. But the humane society gal said it appeared to have broken hind legs and some bleeding at the mouth.
    I assume they will put the kitty down, but they have a clinic at the shelter, at least.
    I called my own vet who said we'd done the right thing. And I tried to calm her and tell her that it wasn't her fault. The cat just darted- that's what they do. But of course she feels just awful.

It's still so sad.

How wonderful of both of you to be so caring over this unfortunate accident. I am sure you have been a great comfort to your friend.

A heart hug for this precious little life.

2Kitties,

You did the right thing. Tell your friend that it's unfortunate that these things DO happen, due to irresponsible pet owners who insist on letting their pets out. It's not her fault.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

How sad for both of you. But how brave of you to stay with the cat and make arrangements for it to be picked up. Most people would have driven off and left it. At least this way, if it is badly hurt, it will not die in agony at the side of the road. And if not, it will receive the help it needs.

Last night my husband and I were out on the Harley. We nearly hit a cat too - we were only doing around 60 kms per hour, and it ran accross the road in front of us. We had to take evasive action (NOT the easiest thing to do on a Harley). When we got home my husband said "Did you see that *&^%$# Cat???" I said "Yes, thank goodness we didn't hit it - it would have been hurt" Of course my husband freaked out and reminded me that if we HAD hit it we would probably have come off the bike and both ended up in hospital

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

2K: I'm crying as I read this because years ago I was in the same situation as your friend. I was on my way to my brother's place when all of a sudden I heard a thump. I looked in the rear-view mirror and there was a white cat in the middle of the road. When cats dart that fast, you just don't see them. I immediately turned around and parked. I won't go into detail, but that memory is forever etched in my brain. The owner came out and moved the kitty off to the side of the road. It later passed to the RB.

I've never cried so hard in my life. For months I beat myself up about it. It's one thing to PTS, but to have a kitty meet such a tragic and sudden end is something that's not easy to forget. Please give your friend a hug from me and tell her it wasn't her fault. And a hug to you 2K for being such a good friend.

RIP little kitty and enjoy playing in the sunshine and chasing micies.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hugs to you and your friend. {{{hugs}}}

It's heartbreaking when something like that happens, but unavoidable sometimes. Positive thoughts to the kitty for recovery or a safe trip to the Bridge.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts. The humane society didn't call to let us know anything, but I didn't expect them to. And we're reluctant to call because we're pretty sure what the answer will be.
    But, I know she did all she could- it's just hard to see that kind of thing. I don't know what this cat soft spot is with me. I'm usually pretty tough with everything- death, heartbreak, terrible things you see on tv and hear in the news. But when it comes to animal cruelty, I just can't take it.

Anyway, we're going to get a drink. I need a martini.

Rest in peace, little kitty. Thank you for having the shelter pick up this poor cat so that it did not have to go on suffering. Heart hugs to you 2kitties and to your friend and to you too Slick.
    Steffi and Lovable

That is so sad, and yes it is unavoidable.

{{HUGS}} to you and your friend, and thank you for trying to help. If the poor kitty makes it or if it doesn't at least you two made the effort. For that you should be thanked. I know that doesn't make it any easier.

Positive thoughts for the kitty no mater what the outcome.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Bless your friend for stopping and bless you for doing the right thing. Not too many people would have stopped or even stayed until help came along for this poor kitty.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

One of my biggest fears is that I’ll strike an animal and it will still be alive, but barely. I literally have nightmares about it.

So sorry for your friend and for you for having to witness the kitty in pain.

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    Hugs to you and your friend. {{{hugs}}}

It's heartbreaking when something like that happens, but unavoidable sometimes. Positive thoughts to the kitty for recovery or a safe trip to the Bridge.
    Ditto.

Prayers are Coming for that Poor Cat! Bless You for stopping and helping!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS