Thread: Horrible situation in Arkansas....write letters maybe?

Horrible situation in Arkansas....write letters maybe?

Here is the link to that horrible situation that I posted about a few months ago about the hundreds of dogs in Arkansas. I just talked to Kim and the guy is STILL in business. The authorities can't nail him (why I don't know). This is the guy that has the hundreds of dogs that have either been bred or stolen and they are then sold to research facilities.

http://www.lcanimal.org/invest/baird.htm

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I cannot believe that people do such a thing. That is horrible.

I didn't look at the pictures or watch the video - I don't want to have nightmares tonight. So, I don't know the specifics of this case.

Sadly, there is nothing illegal about breeding or buying dogs for research facilities. There are dozens upon dozens of kennels in the US breeding beagles, solely for use in research facilities, universities, etc. A Class B dealer is performing a perfectly legal, albeit horrid IMO, business function. That is why you should never, never offer a dog "free to a good home." Free dogs end up at research facilities.

If he is severely abusing or neglecting the animals, then he could be charged for that. But his "job" is perfectly legal. And, because of where these poor dogs are going to end up and what they are going to be put though, authorities are more lenient in the definition of abuse than they would be normally.

A horrible situation, to be sure.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

He is neglecting them horribly. When I transported James, he was pathetically thin and scared to death. Also, this guy doesn't just breed them or take free dogs, he helps himself to dogs from people's backyards. There is a special place in hell for this guy (I hope).

There's a special place in hell for all those involved in this and I'd LOVE to be the one to put them there! Those pics made me sick to my stomach and I didn't dare look at the video. I'll be sending my letter to them. I'm going to do snail mail as I think that would be more effective.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thanks!! They can use all the help they can get. Kim is working SO hard to get them to nail this piece of dirt (an insult to dirt everywhere).

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    Sadly, there is nothing illegal about breeding or buying dogs for research facilities.
    I thought that it was only legal to test on rats, mice, and birds? Or is that only in Canada?

I really hope they can nail this guy. These poor animals are in terrible conditions.
    I've been BOO'd!

I thought that it was only legal to test on rats, mice, and birds? Or is that only in Canada?
    I don't know about Canada. In the USA, I don't know that there are ANY regulations like that. Dogs, cats, monkeys, anything ... is fair game.

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien