Thread: Another Happy Ending!!

Another Happy Ending!!

They had a picture of this pup on the front page of the paper. ADORABLE!! Luckily, the area I live in is very dog friendly for the most part and we have very few cases like this and when we do, people always seem to rally...!

Abandoned pup finds home in Manlius
    Woman adopts dog that was rescued from embankment along roadway in DeWitt.
    Wednesday, January 9, 2002

By Sue Weibezahl

The abandoned puppy rescued last week by a group of good Samaritans has a new home with a woman whose beloved dog died of old age several years ago.

Dozens of people who read The Post-Standard's article about the puppy over the weekend started calling the rescuers immediately, offering to adopt the pup.

"The phone was ringing off the hook," Rebecca Lore said. "It was unbelievable. We finally had to start telling people we couldn't take any more calls because we had to screen the people who already had expressed an interest."

Lore and Lynn Chancer were among several people who stopped Friday to help the puppy, a beagle and Labrador retriever mix. The dog had been cowering on the shoulder of busy Erie Boulevard East near Toys R Us in DeWitt and darted down an embankment when they tried to capture him.

After forming a human chain to reach him in the overgrown ditch, the women took him to a veterinarian for vaccinations and made a commitment to find him a good home.

Enter Wendela Yeo of Manlius.

Her daughter had seen the article that was published Saturday and encouraged her to call about the puppy. She did.

"I had been looking for a dog, but it had to be a really special one," Yeo said, "And he really is. Very affectionate, very intelligent, sweet temperament. Just a wonderful little puppy."

She took two weeks off from her part-time job and is helping "Brody" adjust to his new home. They named him Brody after an Internet search revealed that the name means "ditch" in Hebrew, Yeo said.

After three days, he's nearly housebroken. He has made friends with Yeo's 2-year-old grandson, and "everything's going very well."

"I feel very grateful at how all this came to be," Yeo said. She encouraged others who were interested in adopting the puppy to consider going to local animal shelters to help other pets in need.

It's still unclear how the puppy ended up in a busy commercial area. It wasn't wearing a collar or tags.

"He may have been a stray, but we're thinking that somebody probably dropped him off, either hoping that a family would take him home or maybe even that he would be hit by a car," Lore said. "Either way, it all has a happy ending."

Ahhh, finally a story that renews my hope for the human race. I'm so glad for the little furbaby.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

How wonderful to hear a rescue story with a happy ending!! Great people you have there "upstate!!" I hope sweet Brody and his new family enjoy many, many happy years together!! Congratulations Brody!!!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Great story with a happy ending. Thanks for posting it.
    And it's a great boost for all of us who do dog rescue. Restores my faith in the human race.
    Marie

I'm with Sue. It says it all

Me 3rd!