Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cinder wants to keep the Stray she "found"...

Daisy here. Listen to what Mom did ta me last night. She took me inna car to drive 8 trash cans ta the bottom of the driveway (She is too layzee to walk them down there!) Plus she is a new driver and so she doz it all the time. So I was inna car with her and she unloaded all the cans and then drove back to the house and got out and went inside. She forgotted me! I sat inna car for a half hour before she came flyin' out of the house, 'pologizin' and givin' me treats. I was all mad for a while until it was time for bed, cuz if I am grouchy then she makes me walk upstairs instead of gettin' carried. Mom feels real bad and she sez to say she hopes that you don't think she is a bad mommy Cuz I don't!

She made up for it today. She and her friend had a picnic in the field. They had pizza! And I stole the last 2 pieces. They said they was mad at me but they laughed anyway. Grandma yelled at Mommy and told her laughing at me wasn't gonna teach me good manners, but she couldn't help laughin' either when I came trotting home draggin' a pizza box! Mmmm, ya gotta love pizza!

You other dawgs been gettin' good weather? It's good here finally! I stay outside all day, sunbathin' onna porch steps and playin' with my friend Lucky. I love the summer!

Well I gotta go. Luv yas!

Slobbery Kisses,
    Daisy

ROFLOL~~~~!!!!

OMG! I just about fell out of the chair! I can just see Daisy sittin' in the car waiting for mom to get her! And I can see Bridget saying "Where's Daisy?" Ya know I did that once with Shaianne, I had worked 3rd shift the night before with like no sleep and when I got home to lay down she was throwing such a fit to got outside, I finally tied her out and couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I set the egg timer for like 20 min, well I woke up 5 hours later and I was like "Where is Shai?" I am so used to her sleeping on my legs. Then it dawned on me and I was like "OH &*^)!!! She was ticked at me, she dug holes, she ignored me for awhile, but boy did she sleep the rest of the day!!!!!

Hey Cinners, Smokey, Honey, Lilly, Daisy, Shai and all my pals! StarBuRSt here! Boy, Cinder and Smokey! You tuwz sure got a buzy life there atta Ranch! And hearin bout all yer trials and tribbylations sure keeps da laughin on this end goin. Sure glad the newfs were scooped up and shipped home safe and sound. Thought for a sec there dat the flyin copter was gonna be called inna search. But sad yuz guys couldn't see yer G-MOM Hope she and all da udder nice folks are doin Okeedokee. Bet she be reeeel pleazed ta see ya this weekend. As fer da trakter. Don't mention dat thingy to my mom. Before the yellow buzzer stuck her inna eye shade, earlier dat mornin her trakter was kaput-ie too! Think she left da jangly thingys ona ring inna car over night an it suked all da wind outta the charger. Kant believe yuz two got ta go to a regattie AND firebursters! WOW! I love to yap at them flying stars. But the Codster gets a bit skared and shakes an all. Bet ya hadda blaST!!!####***** And there yer Dad goes agin, doin more good doggie deeds! What an assembly line wid all da dawggies linin up nose to tail fer der hiney sticks. What a nice vet lady to come an give her time to all the dawggies helpin to keep em feelin well and all. Codster takes it wid a smile. Me. I fight em toof and paw. Mom's gotta hold my paw and sing all mushy things inna earbone. Actually, I figger it's a good way a makin mom feel bad fer me and give me a krunchie morsel when we get home!
    Well, it was NO-gO onna OliverPitMAn buzzer cut. Chopper lady says she don't like lionizin before the kids over 1 year as his fur might grow in even funnier lookin an it already is But, he did get a baf an a kitty-cure (no polish) and he did kinda smell nice when mom let him loose inna house. The chopper lady said he did real good inna waterbowl and blow dryin an all, and made friends real nice wid a cute but skared little 12 week old wee one kitty inna cage next to him. But mom says she thinks he was mad at her cuz when he got home the poor little boy sat onna top a the stairs all night and didn't come down fer food, wah-wah, the pooper box or nuttin! Next day tho he was back to his ole triks. Forget to tell ya all. Before the Olivepit went to the salon, mom gave the RatsterMan Squeekers a tubbie too!! Wish I hadda paw on the picture box fer dat one! Seems the little man LOVED his tubbie. Mom puta wash rag inna bottom a da sink to keep his klaws from slippin case he temped an escape, sat him in, and started addin the warm water reeeeeeeel slow like. Well, the critter didn't move. But started purrrrin and coooooin and closin his eyes, like, well, he was likin it lots! Mom even made little pointy fur spikes wid da suds and me and Codster were crakin up big time. Took almost an hour tho fore the air blowin machine got the boy dry. Fer a little guy, he sure duz have a lotta fur! Now he's all smelly sweet just like the PitMan! Guess it won't be long fore me and the Codster gotta get inna line! Mom drags us inna outdoor water house. I go without a fuss.. Now Cody. She don't like all that soapy stuff and we kinda gotta stuff her in there. And thanks fer askin bout mom's eyeshade. She's all fine now. Doc gave her a stinger inna arm this time, and for long she was her ole self. Tho fer a while there she was lookin all red and puffy inna eye and face like when we akidentally give her a head butt Geeeez. What's the big deal, anyway! Me and Cody spend hours chasin and catchin them yellow copters. They go down reeeeeel eazy. So how was all yer doin's since our last woof? Did ya like the regatti and StarBUrSTers?? How was G-MOM? Did ya member ta give her a lick from me and the Cody Girl?? Can't wait ta hear the Monday mornin report.

Carina...Sorry ta hear bout yer krikity jernts. My sister Cody got the hip dysplayshuh wif bad arteritis inna one hip. Hope ya feel better. But still remember. Ya gotta work it fer all it's worth inna treats and hugs and kisses end a things.

Daisy and Shai. My Mom's still laffin at yer tail Daisy. Shar, she did the same thing ta my sister Cody da utter night. Woke up widda "Oh No" an big eyeballs. Seems she left Cody out an shut da eyeshades fore fetchin her in. It was a reeeel long time. Cody didn't mind tho. She loves the cool night air an was snuggled all tight inna ball next ta da barn. Mom still felt bad and Cody got lots a "extras" for dat move. Weather here's been perfecto; lots a yeller rays fer sunnin and sleepin and swimmin. Ain't summer great!

Honey, Lilly. What a sight you two guys must be bein hauled in onna rope by yer mom when yuz swim out too far! I don't get duck stinky on me when I swim. But on a beach, me and Cody do love to roll on all dead stuff like smelly sea gulls, crabs, and dead fishys. Mom says it worse than gettin sprayed by the bandit critter and sometimes we dont get ta sleep inna big bed fer dayS

Well all. Gettin late. Time to catch some zzzzzzzzzz's Hope ya all hadda good weekend. Can't wait ta hear yer tails! Sleep well and nite-nite all! Love, woof and tails wags to all our pals from Star and the Codster girl.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited June 11, 2001).]

Hey, all you guys out there, you should post some of your stories on this website.
    http://www.baddogs.com/

Here's s description of the website.

Web Site Description
    The Bad Dog Chronicles let Fido and Fifi share their misdeeds with other Net-connected canines and their masters. If you've ever had a furry doggie member of the family that's caused a ruckus or wrecked your belongings, you will have loads of fun reading about other owners' plights. Plus, you (or your dog) can add your own story, complete with damage total and a friendly reply from the four-footed Webmaster, Emily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puppies only a mother could love

If you've ever told anyone a funny story about your furry (or feathered, or whatever) companion, you'll enjoy the Bad Dog Chronicles a site devoted entirely to stories of dog derring-do. The stories are interesting, at least if you like animals, and the site's overall layout and design are good.

The stories are broken up into two groups, "best of the litter" and a catalogue of all submissions, and every story lists the date it was posted, the breed of dog involved (sorry, canines only here) and, where applicable, the monetary damage he wreaked. You can read the stories, or you can submit one of your own. And if you're only interested in reading stories about, say, dachshunds, you can use the site's search engine to custom-tailor your reading selection.

From a practical perspective, I suppose this site could theoretically be used to tell which types of dogs are the most destructive, or if you're considering a specific breed, you could maybe tell how the dog is likely to act out. (Dachshunds seem to dig a lot, which makes sense, considering that's what they were bred for.) However, the site was mostly intended just for fun, which reflects in the postings -- all written in first-person narrative from the dog's perspective.

Quoted From CNN Interactive Writer Kristin Lemmerman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been to that site and it is GOOD!! But you could be kept busy reading for a very long time!!!

Hey everyone.

We're up extra late tonight. But our Mom was gone almost all night, and now we don't want to settle down. We need to PLAY!!!

Our Mom and our sister, Helen, went to visit an old friend tonight. Remember Dexter?? He had a story on this Rescue site once upon a time. Mom found that little black puppy walking up the street, and she just had to bring him inside. We thought he was pretty cool, and he could have stayed here....but Dr. R said he would be a big boy and that mom ought to find a home for him. Well she did, and she and Helen get to go visit, but we never get invited. What's with that, anyway?

Mom and Helen told us all about it when they got home, real late (wayyyyyyy after Helen's bedtime). Dexter is a big, handsome boy, according to Mom. And he was very shy at first, and then he came running to mom. She always takes him a treat, but he hadn't seen her in a while and didn't know her right away. Dexter's dad, Mike, took Mom, Helen and our buddy, Hannah, for a ride in the mountains in his convertible. No room for Dexter in there, but when they got back, the human girls played in the hottub while Mike and our mom cooked dinner. She didn't even bring us any leftovers!!

But they were happy, and so we're happy. And our mom knows that Dexter is a very happy boy too! He can say "howdy". That's called "shake" at our house, and he knows how to do it with both hands too! He can sit, and lie down. He knows more stuff than we do! Mom said she took pictures and everything. If they come out ok, she's going to show them to you.

Well, all we know is that it would be a lot more fun if Mom took us wiff her when she goes visiting like that.

Well, Mom is calling and says we have to go to sleep now. Hope you all are having happy doggy dreams right now....

More later.
    Honey and Lilly

That Dexter is a real lucky dog!

signed:Killian

------------------

Daisy here! Wow Honey and Lilly, Dexter sure is one lucky dog! And smart too. I wish Iknew how to shake. Mom tried to teach me before but I have bad balance and if she lifted up my paw, I'd tip over. She was laughin' so hard. I didn't think it was very funny.

Is it real hot at all your houses everybuddy? Cuz here in Massachoosits it's REAL hot. I haven't been doin' much of anythin'. I just lay onna cold tiles inna hallway and look real pathetic.

I had a real bad night last night. First of all Mom thought it would "do me good" to give me a cold shower. She doesn't seem to understand: water is never good. But she dragged me up into the shower and sprayed me down with cool water. Well I gotta admit I did feel a lil' better but I was still real mad! Later when I had dried off, Mom carried me upstairs as usual but instead of going to her room, she took me to Grandma and Grandpa's room. She explained to me her room was way too hot to sleep in and their room has something called air conditionin' that makes everythin' cooler. She grabbed a pillow and sheet and we plopped down onna floor. Well I was layin' there for a while when I remembered that Mom had given me a bath earlier. I got mad all over again and got up and gave her a nasty look, even though she was already asleep and didn't really care. Oh well, it was fun anyway. I decided to be mean and sleep in the walk-in closet instead. So I walked in there and flopped over and went to sleep. Well, I woke up at maybe three inna mornin' and decided I wasn't mad at Mom anyore so I tried to go see her, but someone had put a table cart in front of the door! See, Grandpa has a little cart with wheels that he keeps medikul sooplies on, and they always put in in the closet doorway before bed... I had forgotted that!!! So I freaked out and started makin' a big fuss, cryin' and howlin', but with that cart in front of the door, my voice was quiet! I didn't think anybuddy was gonna hear me and I started thinkin'... what if I had to live inna closet forever!? I got real scared and ept cryin', and then I heard a "bang bang bang" sound, the sound of Grandpa's hand hittin' the bed! He can't talk so that's how he tells Grandma he needs somethin'. She woke up and went to see what he wants, and I guess he musta pointed to the closet, and I howled, and the next thing I knew, the cart was moved and I was free! She and Grandpa got quite a laugh over it. I was all nerved up and woke Mom up to get kisses. She felt real bad she didn't hear me and gave me a big hug. I am not mad at her anymore. And I am lucky to be alive! You know how many dogs have prob'ly got forgotted inna closet!?

Well I gotta go eat some ice now. Keep cool, dogs!

Love,
    Daisy

Good heavens, Daisy! First left in the car, then stuck in the closet.

Oh you poor sweet thing! What a scare you had! Lots of "everything is alright now" kisses and hugs! Cody would give ya a big licky too but he had a toof pulled today and is still kinda tired but OK.

Hi, it's me Hannah. Tucker and me had to go to see Dr. A. last week. First we get weighed. Dad was holding my leash we I was on the scale and Mom said he was making me weigh more, so she took the leash and I weighed a whole pound less. Wonder how she did that? Guess she's got a whole lot of tricks from when she gets on the scale herself. Then we go in the 'zamining room and Tucker goes first for his 'zam. Dr. A. keeps going on and on about what a good dog Tucker is ('cause he is so cooperative). Dr. A. says so many of the Cockers he sees can get pretty cranky, but Tucker is such a good dog. Them Mom chimes in that everybody that meets him says that. Humpf! Tucker just so relaxed up there on the table and getting his shots and his nails clipped and everything. Then it was my turn and I didn't want Dr. A. looking in my ears and my mouth so I had to do a lot of twisting and turning, and Mom holds me way too tight!!! I took the shots but when he was spraying that stuff up my nose, I really got mad. Then he's starting to cut my toenails!!! My groomer Cathy cuts my toenails. Don't need nobody else to mess with my feet. Then nobody said nothing about what a good dog I am. Mom got us some Frontline Plus and a big bag of Hills TD. The whole bill came to $297.00. Mom had to catch her breath at that one. It would have been more if'n I'd of cooperated and made stinkies before we left home, so I saved her $20.00. Dr. A. also told Mom I've got to lose some weight, and now there are no treats when we go outside for play and lessons and the nighty cookies are really small. Mom is on a diet too, so we are both pretty cranky. Friday my eyes were all red and watery and I was squinting a lot so Mom had to call the doctor's place again. Now I get some hunks of peanut butter twice a day. Seems a little extra crunchy. Yesterday, we got to spend a lot of time outside so I was so happy.

Honey and Lilly, Mom says I should ask you about your mom's new grass and what happened to it. I didn't see you saying nothing 'bout no grass in your post? Daisy, don't feel too bad about being stuck in the closet. One time Mom left me outside by myself while she and Dad when to the grocery store. I barked the whole time. Mom was surprised the POLICE weren't parked in front of our house when they came home. I gots to go now. I hope I can figure out how to get Mom to spend the day outside again today.

Oh my gosh Daisy, I can't believe it. I read your story last night before going to sleep and guess what??? I just accidently did the same thing to Shiloh!!! I ran into my closet to get a shirt then went out and shut the door behind me. I put my shoes on and went to my car. As I was getting ready to back out, I noticed I didn't have my sunglasses. I ran back in to get them and decided to kiss Shiloh before I left. Well she was nowhere to be found I started calling her name then I heard scratching. I thought it was Reece scratching his crate but nooo, I listened carefully and tracked it down to my closet. She was only in there for about 5 minutes so she wasn't phased at all by it

Since some of you dog people don't get over to the cat boards too much I thought I'd put a link here that you could read about cats who have accidentally been temporarily "forgotten" by their humans. They can sure get into heaps of trouble!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/Forum12/HTML/000157.html

Daisy here. Aw Hannah I hate gettin' my nails clipped too. So you also got some extra pounds? Eh, don't worry about it. Fat = happiness.

Pam, thanks for the link! I went there and laughed at all the kitties' problems. I don't like cats! GRRRRRRRRRR!

Love,
    Daisy

Hey everyone.
    I pushed Honey aside for this one. Man! I just read what my mom wrote about my weight problem. I can't believe she said I am "pleasingly plump". I didn't say that...
    Anyway, I guess I'm going to have to quit sneaking into Helen's room and eating that cat food. I just can't help it. All this time, I've been getting away with it, and then all of the sudden, my mom catches me, today, AFTER the vet called to tell her to put me on a treadmill! Whew! Hannah and Tucker, it sure was good to at least know that someone else is having to watch their pounds. Or poundage as my mom calls it.

Well, to beat everything, my mom and my sister, Helen, are leaving in the morning for a whole week! They're going to the beach, and they're going to see some of their friends and my grandparents and cousins, and aunt and uncles, but they're not taking us! Can you believe that? Mom says she is going to work real hard to find a place Honey and I can go next summer....but it just isn't fair. Mom says its at least better than going to the kennel like we used to have to do. I guess it is kind of neat that I get to sleep on my air conditioning vent, the way I love to. You guys like to do that???

Hey, Hannah. I noticed you asked about the grass. Well, uh we don't mention that too much anymore....Mom says she has given up! We figured the grass wouldn't grow in the shade anyway, so we just helped her till up the ground so she could plant some good shade plants there (that we'll probably dig up or lie in immediately after she plants them..hehehe ). To tell you the truth, about half of what she had sodded is doing great, and the parts of the lower backyard that she sodded herself, with the leftover sod, look really good. Even Mom says that!! She waters it a lot, and we LOVE that. Honey and I like to eat the water that comes out of the sprinkler. But Mom won't let me inside after I do that. wonder why??

Well, Honey and I have been wondering where everyone has been. Cinder, Smokey???? Where are you? What about you, Merlin? Star, Cody, Daisy, Shai, Reece and the rest of you? It sure makes us feel better to hear your stories. We need to know that you have to deal with the same sort of neurotic stuff we do...our Mom is pretty loopy sometime. She already had that wet stuff on her face one time today...said something about leaving us. Can you believe that? She was crying over those mean ole cats too!

Oh. One more quick story before I go. Butter got in a fight yesterday....my mom was really worried about him. She kept calling and calling, and he didn't come home. Then she went looking for him after she heard a cat crying. That old boy had gotten himself mixed up with another cat (not Mimi), and had decided to pursue. He wouldn't come for Mom, so she left him out there in the neighbor's backyard. But when he did come home, he was pretty ugly. Has a small cut on his head and a slashed ear. Mom says he shouldn't be so aggressive. She had some operation to take care of that for him. Must not have worked. She even said that she wished she could keep him inside all the time....Fat chance with that. He destroys more stuff than Honey and I do!

Well, anyway, Butter is fine, just a little rough looking. Mom said he is going to be ok. I'd better go before my mama catches me on this computer. She thinks I'm sleeping! LOL!!!

Bye everyone. Send updates soon, Mr. Phred, Ms. Sandra, Ms. Rachel, and everyone else. Hurry!

Love, Lilly

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited June 22, 2001).]