Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinder wants to keep the Stray she "found"...

Hi, it's me, Hannah. I don't think summer is ever coming to Illinoiz. More white stuff is falling right now. Now as you all know, I love winter and the snow but geeez, Louise here (MOM) can't seem to get her keister outside when it is cold out so Tucker and Me has really been looking forward to it warming up and more play time outside with Mom. We had a couple days last week and it was just like old times. Mom says I'm getting cranky from being cooped up so much. So whose fault is THAT! It kind of came to a head last night when she came over to me sitting on one of my chairs and started talking about how much she loves me and I went grrrrr to her. Trust me on this one, you do not go grrrrr to my Mom! But I was also not willing to admit I'd made a HUGE mistake, so I went grrrr'd some more. Next thing I was in the flipped position with her doing her "WHOSE THE BOSS OF YOU?" routine. I pretty much cut the crap and next thing we were kissing and hugging and smelling each other's breath again.

Dad and Mom went to see one of those gility trials you girls are always talking bout. Of course Tucker and I didn't get to go because we NEVER get to go anywheres, 'cept to the groomer and the Vet. Anyways Mom just loved watching that stuff. She said there were the labs and the goldens who done all the steps in the right order but they kind of plodded along - no speed demons. Then she said there was a Bassett Hound named (are you ready for this?) Daisy. Now you'd think a Bassett Hound would have some problem with gility, but she didn't, did everything just right, except in between doing the stuff she would stop and smell who had been there before her. When she was done smelling (which sometimes wasn't for a while) then she would go on to the next thing smell there and then do what she was s'posed to do. Mom thought this was so funny when she was telling me this. Sounded pretty reasonable to me! Then there was the Border Collies. Now the Border Collies' people had a hard time keeping up with the Border Collies and the Border Collies had their own way of doing the stuff which they figured out as an improvement to the way the people wanted them to do it. Then Mom really loved the two iddie biddie yorkies and a toy poodle who she said were like flying squirrels they went soooo fast. Both Mom and Dad pretty much figured out real quick that I would never be able to do gility. Seems that when the dogs get sidetracked and take a wrong turn, their people call them and then they COME. Now you girls all know that COME is a four-letter word in my book. So looks like I'll never see any gility classes, although I think I'd enjoy the part about getting the treats.

Guess it is bout time for my mid morning nap, so you NAWTEEDAWGS keep pounden away at the keyboards. My Mom loves to hear what you are up to and so do I.

Hannah, aka Snarla

[This message has been edited by RachelJ (edited March 25, 2001).]

Hey, Hannah,
    Don't give up on the gility thing. Tonight I get to go again (ADVANCED Beginner!). It's at 8:30 and I'm a bit tired by then so I'm no speed demon when it comes to runnin', jumpin' and tunnellin'! Yeah, sometimes I don't COME when my human sis calls me 'cause I'm lookin' for MOM in the audience. I'm gettin' better though (it helps to have them waggin' a hot dog in my face!) It's still fun!
    Shiloh

[This message has been edited by Sudilar (edited March 26, 2001).]

Daisy here. Another Basset named Daisy! Weird! I have a younger friend Basset named Daisy, actually. Mom's friend's not too 'riginal. And one time atta store, Mom talked with a lady who had a Basset named Daisy too. But I bet I'm the cutest one. I'd like to do 'gility but there aren't any places near us. Mom says maybe next fall when she will have her liscence and can drive me to the nearest place. Beleive it or not, I am pretty fast. Mom's lil' sister is real good at soccer but even she can't keep the ball away from me. Now that's what they should have, dog soccer. I am GOOD at that! And I wish there was a sport involving sleeping. I am pretty good at that too. Sorry I haven't written in a while but I was sick! I had what you guys were callin' the 'gurks and the yurks' and I was pyookin'. I pyooked in Mom's bed one time while her sister was in it... she didn't think it was as funny as Mom and Grandma did though. But then Mom stopped laughin' when Grandma informed her that SHE wasn't gonna clean it up. She said she cleaned Mom's pyook when she was a baby, and now it was Mom's turn to care for HER baby. I just sat there waggin' my tail. And then I did it again onna rug the next afternoon. Mom made her boyfriend help her clean that one But I am all better now and can eat again. Actually the other night while the family was out, I helped myself into the cabinbets and ate a bag of hamburger rolls. I have also just discovered they keep my treats on the floor inna laundry room and I have been known to sneak in there. I think Mom's catchin' on though when I come out chewin'. They are being put up on a shelf Aw well. I guess I do have some weight problems with my tummy, it almost drags and I get kinda muddy. That's okay though, Mom says it's cute. Well I gotta go now, Mom is eatin' waffles and I gotta go beg. Bye guys! Keep writin'!
    Puppy Kisses,
    Daisy Mae (Mae's my middle name. Isn't that ADORABLE!?)

Phred, did you write the definitions at the following site? I could only understand most of the language because I've learned a lot from reading the Cinders & Smoke stories.
    These definitions sure sound like you...& there's a kitty in it. http://belle.pcpros.net/~grandma/med.html

Geez, Angel, Phred don't write that stuff, Cinders does.

Gosh Angels, Dad hardly gets his finners onna pawboard ennie more. Much as we'd like ta take kredit for those neet daffynifitins you put the kliker up for, nope - nunbudy here dun it.

Hey Star*Buster* ~ So glad yer Head Klaw Mr B-Kat is back to feelin A-okeedokee agin. Thats a load offa all our minds knowin that he's not sicklee ennie more. An you don't have the ownlee Kat that likes ta play inna wadder. Our Kat, Boots, hasta play onna baffroom sink every mornin while Dad splashez wadder onna facebones. Dum Kat alluz sticks his tail inna wadder after he turns his headbone upside under ta get a drink fromma fawcet.

Hey Daisey ~ glad yer over the *gurk & yurks* cause that alluz makes fer tense times in our house. Durn Two-Leggers are never fast enuff openin the door when ya gotta blow yer lunch! But I do usually try ta step offa bed fore I let it fly.

Hannah and Shiloh ~ Hmmmm, not sure bout this gillity stuff. Shiloh make it sound like fun, but I jest know I'd have a problemo iffin ya have to lissen and oh-my-gosh *come* on command! Mebee the SmokeMan is up fer that stuff - he can have the atta-boyz an I'll jest watch.

But whut we have dun of late is earn a kupla NawTeeDawg points. Sundee Dad started aktin funee by feedin us brekfust a liddel erlee an takin a water baff inna Kat's klubhouse-kloset. Then he gots inta his fancee furs and started chekin over the jaloppee traktor so's I knowed he wuz goin ta Piksburgh ta see his Mom. Exit Cinder - off ta see the sites. I left the SmokeMutt behind ta make Dad think we wuz still inna yard. Durn Smoke blew it by goin inna garage ta help Dad wiffa traktor check and that made it obveeus I wusn't around. Half hour of skreemin later, I wandered back aktin like I wuz there all along. Dad wuz finishin with air inna rubber tubee things when I felt warmish frum all the runnin. Quik dash inna pond felt good. Thought mebee we kould go (we kant cause granMum lives inna no pets partment) iffin we got inna kar - so we loaded up cause Dad lefta door open. Dad wusent happie when he sitted inna seat and goted reel damp onna bum . He goted kinda krankee when he looked inna back seat and saw the soggy doggie startin ta shake her bod . Too late... muckie wadder all ober the winnows an Dad's facebones. After the kleenup it wuz purdy kleer we dog's wuzent goin for a kar ride. And I hadda stay inna basement wiffa Smoke cuz Dad wouldn't gimmie a baff fore he left. The good thing wuz nobudy pee'd eben though he wuz gone for almost 11 hours. We got biskutz we he come'd home.

We got a few more NTD pointz last nite or this mornin... Dad went a fire drillin last nite and got sleepee after he feded us and hizself when he got home. Went sleepee inna kliner chair. Woked up at dark-thirty this mornin wiffa sore back. Let us go for an *outie* then did his stuff inna baffroom while we ran laps round the house. We made a reel loud boom-bump an he looked for upside-down furniture or the bunkroom TV inna pile but couldn't see nuffin rong . Turned out the lites and klimbed inna bed. Only the bigbed wuzent there . Seems the boom-bump wuz the one end of bigbed fallin down after we bounced out half the sticks that hold the sprinybox up inna air tween the frame rails. He looked reel funnie wavin his handpaws round in cirkulz tryin not to fall over. Almost rolled over backards onna uther side of the bed. Hadda get the traktor jack widda four liddel wheels unner bigbed ta krank it up inna air to put the sticks back unner the springybox. Dint know Dad knowed that many NawTee Wurdz... We learned a few new wunz ever time wunna us jumped onna busted bed ta get a better look while Dad wuz crawlin round unner the bed. I think we'd been put inna basement iffin he had't been so pooped after jackin the bigbed back up ta level. Wunder how many points we got for that wun?

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke:
    Much as we'd like ta take kredit for those neet daffynifitins you put the kliker up for, nope - nunbudy here dun it.

[/QUOTE}

Cinder & Smoke, I can't stop laughing at your stories. I love the language...'nunbudy here dun it'! And 'daffynifitins.! I check you out early in the morning (Down Under time), & I've told my family if they find me collapsed at the computer, they'll know I've died laughing because of Cinder & Smoke. And when the aussie police come to investigate you on a charge of causing bodily harm, I can just hear you both saying...'nunbudy here dun it!'

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke:
    Dad went a fire drillin last nite and got sleepee after he feded us and hizself when he got home. Went sleepee inna kliner chair. [/B]
    Hey there Cinder & Smoke.....Bella here. Glad you two didn't go eatin' any clothespins but you sure coulda had a great time with your dad noddin' off there. I've been tryin' to remember to eat the potato chips inna bag, like you guys told me, if it ever happens again but I don't think it will. Mommy Human shure was mad at him that night I was a nawtee dawg!

Hi all you fellow NawTeeDawgs & Two-Leggers ~ Cinder here ~

First - drum roll - lil brudder Smokey the Kid passed his first grade test and got his graduation certificate ~ Yea SmokePot! D

Next - we've actually been pretty good the last few days ). Haven't even busted the bigbed, pee'd inna house or damaged the Kat. Now that I think about that - things have been sorta booring; maybe we should liven thing up again?

And here goes with trying to post some family pictures - with a little help from a lotta other folks...

With a little luck, that's ME, Cinder Dog, as I looked in the Ohio County Jail in Wheeling, West Virginia. My Angel Moms, two volunteers at the shelter, took that picture and posted it on the web; which is how Dad found me.

OK, lemmie see if that image kliker worked...

Edit to insert Photogra photo...

Last edited by Phred; 03-08-2002 at 07:46 PM.

Cinder Dog Girl, you're beautiful! No wonder your Dear Old Dad fell in love with you. Now, can you point a camera & click at your little brudder Smoke? ('SmokePot'!)

[This message has been edited by Angels3 (edited March 30, 2001).]

SMOKEY the Kid pix...

Oh, Wow! It worked ~

Even Dad was amazed! We're gonna try and jam the whole family album on now ~

Here comes Smokey the Kid ~

That's the SmokeMutt sitting on the old guard house that Arrow used to watch over the Ranch during the daytime.

And here's one with both of us on the old guard shack ~

'Course SmokeMutt bent his earbones down just as Dad kliked the pitcher-box .

Don't know where the one went that had his lil earbones almost up Oh yeah ~ we scratched that wun - he furgotz ta cross his legs.

Here's where the album is stored iffin the pictures aren't visible above:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/dogdad

So now y'all know what the Cinder & Smoke Kids look like .

Edited to insert Photogra photos...

Last edited by Phred; 03-08-2002 at 08:02 PM.

Cinder, you are gorgous, what a beauty. Your Dad knew what he was doing when he adopted you. Now we would all like to see a photo of Smoke.
    Your were posting as I was, those photos are just fantastic, Smoke you are so handsome.
    What a wonderful family you are!!!

[This message has been edited by jackiesdaisy1935 (edited March 30, 2001).]

Good girl, Cinder Dog. You DID send a pic (s) of Smoke, too. If I didn't know otherwise, you 2 look like real, true litter mates. You sure are a pretty pair (oops! Smoke might think I'm saying he's a girl)...a handsome pair. I bet you both get lots of admiring glances when your Dad takes you out in public places.

Bella here! Hey there it's nice meetin' ya finally! Smoke you make my little puppy heart go pitter patter. You are sooo handsome. Cinder you are pretty too. Are ya gonna post a picture of Boots? I'd like to see him cause I live with a coupla cats too ya know.

Cinder and Smoke, you two are adorable!!! Killian and Shiloh (2 GSDs) say, "WOW!"