Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinder wants to keep the Stray she "found"...

Hey, Cinder & Smoke. Tell your daddy that I buy Oxi-Clean from Wal-mart. It's hard to find around here though. Usually they are sold out or have very few left. It's hard to keep this stuff on the shelves. If Phred can't find it anywhere, here's their website.
    http://www.oxiclean.com/

I guess I forgot to post it ,but you all found it . Mom found out they are going to have webcasts from the check points. it is a niffty site. Mom loves the teacher on the trail stuff. There are 3 mushers from Montana so we are pulling for them . Doug swingly has won before Yeah!!!!HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE RACE. www.iditarod.com

Cinder and Smoke,
    Tell your dad that I found Oxi Clean at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I hate to go to Walmart! They had plenty at this store, in fact, its the first place I have seen it. I'm trying it out on the "throw up" spots Lilly made tomorrow. Hope its as good as everyone says it is!
    Logan

Oh Logan!!! I always knew you were my true soul mate!! Another person who actually HATES to go to WalMart! I'm not sure what OxyClean is supposed to do? Is it for stain removal? I know to keep dogs and cats from peeing on the same spot, you really need the enzyme activated cleaning stuff like Nature's Miracle to completely remove the smell. It is AMAZING stuff. Completely takes away the odors they can still smell, though we can't. My friend had a cat who would continually mark the same spot on her couch, no matter how well she cleaned it. After using it, the cat never went back again. It was the only thing that took away a kitty pee smell out of my wood floor where my one girl use to go when she was sick. Let me know how the Oxy stuff works!

1) Who is Butter and what did I miss?
    2) How can anyone hate Wally world? I am a Wally World addict!!! I love Walmart!!!
    3) Shai baby hasn't had a gurk for awhile, but my carpets are filthy from putting in a furnace in Oct, and all the mud tracks that no matter how much I wipe and rinse off her feet they are still muddy. I have 3 days off next week and plan on steam cleaning them then.

------------------
    ~~"You do not own a dog, the dog owns you."~~
    (Anonymous)

Hey Shais Mom,
    You probably missed reading about Butter if you're not a "cat" person. I adopted him about 7 weeks ago. He is a young, fun loving male that is hated by my female cat, Mimi.
    In fact, I realized this morning that things are not getting any better between them. He is just curious, and doesn't hiss at her, but she makes up for it. She has gotten worse over the last few days. I'm so anxious for warmer weather so I can let them outdoors more often. They will both be much happier then.

And to Sandra too....I hate crowded parking lots and long lines, and every WalMart I know has that problem. I usually visit KMart or Target, which aren't nearly as busy. Plus, I like their stuff better anyway. I love stores that have carts to push around, just not WalMart.

Sandra, the oxi clean is a stain remover. I'll let you know what happens.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll catch up when I return late next week.
    Logan

I LOVE Target! Hehe

Wonder where Cinder and the Kid are. Has been kinda boring without the progress reports.

Cinder here! We were all busy celebrating Spring (wuz 65 degrees an sunny on Sunday), but The Man Upstairs turned the Sunball off again and winter came back. We hitched Dad up to his y-thingy and drug him around the Lake Park Sunday morning; then ran him around samore at the little park near the Shop in the afternoon. He got tired so he unhooked an let the Smoke and Me run just tied to each other. We're gettin a little better coordinated and are a lot better at not tryin to go on different sides of things while we're tied together. Smoke's figgured out that it don't hurt so much iffin he follows me around the trees 'stead of goin on his side .

SmokeMutt's been praktisin his skool lessins every day wiff Dad. They're a Hoot doin *sits* - Dad gets out the "si" part of *sit* and the Kid plops his butt so hard it sounds like Dad stompin his foot! Only rub his the lil' Dummie won't do it that good when they're heelin - Dad stops, Smoke stops an looks up with his *Duh, huh?* look, then swings out and sits down in front of Dad. I'm sure the Kid thinks "No; *skrunch around beside the leg*; *Sit!*" is some sort of legit exercise 'cause they do it so often . Dad sure seems ta get tired of reaching down and *skrunchin* the Kid's butt into the heel position. And of course his *Down* is still a slow motion collapse into a pile that leaves him pointed in just about any direction. They make a great sirkus act when they work as a team!

They were just about to start lessins around the Shop when "it" happened a while ago. Dad wuz doing stuff at his desk, I wuz nappin unner the puter, and Smoke wuz bone chompin onna rug by the door. I woke up ta the sound of water runnin . Hey, Dad; ya hear water runnin? Dad looks up to see the Smoke squattin onna rubber mat takin a *pee*. Dad hollers "No!" and jumps up. Smoke stops, takes a couple steps onta the carpet mat, and continues wiff his *pee*. Dad comes unglued and grabs for the Mutt - who, believing his life to be in danger, runs for the safety of the puter rug where I was. But he furgot ta shut off the pump, so's we got this piddel trail from the door mats to the puter. By the time they got outside the Kid's tank was empty, so there was no "good boy" for doin a little bit outside. Dad ties the Kid up short to the trash bin and gets the hose out to wash the mat and rug, which he drapes over the bin. Member the kid's tied up short, right where Dad's workin onna mats. Next thing I hear is ThunderLungs hollerin "Son of a ?itch" an he starts squirtin the hose onna bottom of his hard-foot. Hmmmm; step in sumpin, Dad? Don't blame the Kid, Dad - it's his most favorite spot and you DID tie him there yerself! Probably gonna be a minit or two 'fore lessins start, seeing as how certain parties are feelin a little *tense* just now...

As I've said before - sure do like having the SmokeMutt around... Takes all the old pressures off Me having to be the *good gurl* all the time. I can be my reglur ol' NawteeDawg self and still look like a Saint!

Hey, Andy & Trevor ~ Did the Hoomins assign a name to your new K-9 sister yet? I know you guys been talkin to our Kat - just 'member ours has razor-klaws and you don't! Bet your K-9 is gonna *Rule* in your house. Sure hope they don't chop up her fur coat an make her look like a sissy. Ask yer Mom to get her a bandanna to wear round her neck like Smoke and I do. That'll look better than a funky haircut!

Keep waggin' yer Tails, everbody!

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

Hey Cinder and Smoke! Star ***Burst*** here! Boy, sure good ta hear from ya kids. You guys just make my ribs #*#crack**#^ wit yer antiks. Sounds like yer havin a ~~~heat wave~~~ out there in sunny O-hi-o! Glad yuz finally gotta run round da lake park and are doin better navigatin the wood poles wif the y-thingy. We still gots lottsa white stuff on the soggy ground; no SpRInG here yet, tho we kinda like rollin round in the flakes and gettin all wet and muddy and trakin up the house wit our paw prints Drives mom nuts...The Codster's losin her winter coat with lotsa hunks a white fur chunks flyin round. Sure sign spring's a comin!! The dust suker's stays plugged in 24/7! I run fer the hills when I hear that thing a cumin! Might lose a vital part or sumthin! Sumtimes even Cody gets a good suking. Can't believe all the komotion round here these days. First mom brings home the rat thing from the rescue center. She calls it a guinny piggie. Jeez, what a slug! Just sits and eats and poops all day, far as I kan see. THEN yesterday I kan hear a new voice meowing from hind the bafroom door! Mom soundin all cutsie and cooing it's name. "Oliver. Oh Oliver." Gaggy, yuk! Pleeeeez! Can it be it's another 4 legger takin up room and pushin me down the ladder?? Haven't met up with the critter yet, but he's still here and I think I'm in for more bats on the nose with them sharp hook things. One Kat man in the house was enuf for me. This place is gettin preeee-ty crowded in my opinion! Let ya know how things progress. Sure know I'm gunna be puttin my two cents into this! Mom say we can't do 'puter work for a day or two kuz dad's havin a things put in it so we can store all the pics of our critter friends on a disc thing. Me and mom and Cody love keepin pics a all our pals! Maybe yer dad'll send us all a pic a yuz two! Well, keep up the good work keepin dad back on his heels! Sounds like you guys are becomin best buds. Just knew The Kid was gunna be the perfect addition to yer family! Every pooch needs a pal to run interference. Ain't life grand!? Take care till we be talkin again. Love your fur friends, Star and Cody.

Cinder & Smoke.....it's me Bella (Trevor and Andy's new sister). It's kinda hard for me to reach the keyboard so my new mommy is helpin' me. So far I've tried to make friends with Andy and Trevor, and Andy is really sorta nice. We were walking all over today, side by side, and he was rubbing himself up against me. I don't think he was pushin' me or anything. It sorta seemed like a friendly thing. Trev sat sorta far off and just watched. He used to hiss at me a little bit but I don't know why. He's gettin' a little more friendly now but I really think he wishes I was only visitin' and would be goin' home soon. I think he's sorta set in his ways if ya know what I mean. I was sniffin' Andy's "private area" while he was layin' on the floor and he gave me a little kick with the back legs. I know he doesn't have razors on the front but I could tell that the back legs are a different story. Gotta try and remember about the razors in the back. Don't know why he doesn't like me sniffin' him there. Us doggies consider that part of a normal greetin'.

By the way, my mommy would never give me a fussy haircut. She said doesn't like them at all on her pups. She says I will be more of a Plain Jane but she still likes to watch 'em bein' all dolled up on TV when Westminster is on. She said that's a neat show and next year I'll be able to stay up and watch it and see all of the fancy hairdos on some of my distant relatives. Time for my nap.

Hey Star*Shine* an Cody Dawg ~ Cinners an SmokeMutt here ~

Guess you guys won't see this for a day or so while your Dad's playin Puter White Coat; what kinda disk thingey is he puttin in? As for Spring gettin here - it was nice while it lasted - all of one day. Most of the lakes went sqwishe but the wadder is still awful kold for swimmin. We'uns gotta keep our winter furs a while longer - Dad just got the gas bill atta Shop an said a hole buncha NawTee wurds about the bandits atta gas company. Then he twisted the round thingy onna wall an it got a liddel kolder here inna Shop. Much kolder in here an it'll be warmer stayin outside. I hate it when the wadder dish gets krunchie on top!

And how 'bout all them new furbabies at your place? I never saw any GinnyRats atta jail where I wuz - dint know they needed ta get resqued by the TwoLeggers. Whatz it gonna do - have races wiffa Katz? Could be a purdy neet cirkus wiff the GinnyRat out front, coupla Katz inna middel, an then you and the Codster keepin everbody movin from the back end. But Wow! Anudder Kat inna house? Do you guys beat up onna Kat #1 so much he's gotta have a backup for help? When are you guys gonna get ta check out Oliver? I spekt he's gonna keep his razor-klaws, huh? Wun mouser in our house is just plentee, thank you Dad. Coure he don't mouse, he just plays wiff em when they come inta the house. Even shares his krunch wiff the liddel guys. We found that out when Dad showed Boots the liddel teeny mouse poopies that were all around his Kat bowl a couple times. Last one stayed too long an Dad found Boots and him playin Kat & Mouse inna baffroom . Dad rounded up the guy an put him loose inna front yard. Dad's a softie!

Now letz all say a big frendlee *Hi!* to our newest DawgTalker {{Bella}} . Purdy kool that she's poundin onna keyboard so quick after movin inta Ms Pam's house wiff the KatBoys Andy and Trevor. Too bad the Boys hafta start sharin the joint wiffa Dawg, but we all know life will be a LOT more innerestin for them Katz wiffa Dawg to keep 'em busy and entertained . Now Watch Out, there, Miss Bella - your Kat brudders been puter talkin wiff our Kat and ours has been tellin your brudders sum tips on how to beat up onna Dawg wiffout gettin caught in the act. Watch out for those fist-paws - they make a horrabul sound when the Kat *bONks* ya onna nosebone. Ya gotta member there's two of them an only wunna you. As fer sniffin Kats; lemmie tell ya - Our Kat don't take kindlee ta bein snifft atta front, middel or rear. Butt sniffin unner the tail will get ya a fast tripple *nose-bonk* and a Hisser wiffa lotta Kat spitz. Smoke gets alla that and a sereus Grrrowler fer good measure.

OK, Smoke; I'll tell em. SmokeMutt wants ta let ya all know he did reel good at skool again on Wensday nite. The teech came wiffout her show-n-tell dogie so she wuz usin student dawgs durrin class. She used the Smoke a few times an told Dad he wuz doing *great*. That is the Smoke wuz *great*, no mention of Dad. And she only knows the dog names - Smokey, Max, Shorty, Gizmo and all the others; never says a Hoomin name the whole class. Go Dawgs!

Dad sez we gotta trot - lessins fore we head for the ranch. All you FurKids have a great weekend wiff your Hoomins!

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

Daisy here. Welcome to the site, Bella! It's a lotta fun! But now I gotta vent a lil'. My gramma took me to the vet the other day. I dunno if I like that place that much, 'cuz there was cats in cages. They freaked me out. Then the vet wanted to weigh me on this big metal table thing, but I wasn't gonna agree to that! I ran away and sat at the door moanin', but they got me back and pulled my leash. I'm too smart for them though, I just craned ny neck a lil' and slipped right out of my collar. I do that a lot, it's pretty fun! I did that three times 'afore I lost the battle. I guess I have gained nine pounds since summer and Doc says I'm one pound away from being overweight. I don't know what that means, 'cept I know it's bad 'cuz Mom's been makin' me ezzersize and I don't get as much food! I think I look just fine the way I am! Then the vet gave me SHOTS! My boyfriend Moe says shots hurt but I guess he don't got lotsa extra skin like I do, 'cuz it doesn't hurt on me. Doc just pulled a lotta neck skin and gave me two shots and I didn't feel anythin'. I wasn't even scared! Well maybe I was a lil' scared, an' I buried my head in Gramma's chest so's a I wouldn't see no sharp thingies in my flaps o' skin. Then Gramma and Doc talked about someone called Sir Jury and how I was might have some Sir Jury to get this red swollen gland outta my eye. It's called a cherry eye, Mom said. It kinda bothers me sometimes but I am a lil' scared at what this guy might do to get it out. I don't know who Sir Jury is but when Gramma told Mom I might hafta meet him, she looked kinda scared. Any idea who Sir Jury is? Oh well. Cinder and Smoke, I am jealous you guys got a day o' warmness. It's real cold here and snowy too. We're s'posed to get a big storm Tuesday. I like the snow but I can't wait until I can nap on the porch steps in the sun again. I always get more food and walks in the warmness too. Oh, and I got a great story to tell! I saved my Mom's life this mornin', 'cuz she forgot to set her clock that yells at her to get up every mornin', an' so she slept right through when it usually starts its beepin'. I woke up for some reason, and I thought to meself, hey, why isn't Mom up? It's her skool day. So I licked her face 'till she sat up and she said, "Oh Daisy I forgot to set my clock! Thank you SO much!" She was sorta late and had to shower fast but I saved her. I am a hero and for being a hero I got an extra treat. I just thought I'd share that with you guys. Well it's pretty late now and Mom's ready to carry me upstairs, so's I gotta go. Seeya later doggies!
    Slobbery Kisses,
    Daisy Mae Tucker

Hi Daisy.....Bella here!! Guess what? I was at the white coat's last night too! He was checkin' me all over and put a big cold thingy on my chest and stuck some plugs inna his ear that were connected to the big cold thing. Then he did an awful thing! He stuck something up my rear end. It had numbers on it and he was happy that my numbers were good. Don't know what that was all about, but I'm gonna tell mom to tell him my numbers are good next time before we go so's I don't hafta have that thing done again!

This morning mom put me outside and I did a real big puddle inna yard but I didn't wanna do the other thing cause I was playin' and not concentratin' so Mom brought me in. Well when she went to the basement to feed those cats I did my poopies onna kitchen floor. Mom felt bad that she didn't leave me inna yard a little longer, me but she cleaned it all up and put it in this shiny thing inna baffrom and pushed a shiny thing and it made a big noise and disappeared.

I don't know what sir jury is Daisy, but I hope they don't pull out that thing with numbers on it and put it you know where. I don't think I'm gonna like goin' to the white coats. I'm little but I'm learnin' lotsa stuff every day.

Hey there Cinder and Smoke ! Merlin here , Mom was going though her photos last night and was telling me a cute story. It seems when she was younger she was in 4-H and her leader had 2 german shepards Smoke and Fire , The story is the first week of living in a new neighbor hood , when ever she called them the neighboers all came out . So she had to make a flyer introducing them to the neighbors. I guess it would be a little concerning SMOKE ,FIRE!! Thought you two would get a kick out of that one. Talk to you all later