Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinder wants to keep the Stray she "found"...

Cinder's Wed Morning Report ~

Hi, All you fellow Nawtee Dawgs ~ Hard as it may be to believe, all was calm and quiet at Phred's Ranch the last two nites. SmokeMutt has been on a short string the hole time,but I'm not sure why Dad bothers - since he hasn't lasted through the news either nite. I'm not sure who's supposed ta be "watching" the Kid, since Dad probably can't catch too much wiffin his eyeballs slammed shut an his headbone pointed atta roof cause the kliner is in the lay-back mode. Dad does a liddel *frantik dance* when he wakes up by shufflin his foots around the chair feelin for *wet spots*, but the Kid holds on till he gets an outie. Mornings are a trip - the Kid crosses his legs till we get to the Shop and he can do his stuff inna side yard. I keep tellin him we don't always go there every morning, but he won't lissen.

Smoke goes to skool tonight, so Dad's gonna drill him around the shop today. We got a new trainin treat last nite atta store - Honey flavored Cheerio thingies. Dad popped the box this morning to try 'em out on us. Only took a couple to convince Smoke and Me they were A-OK/Good. Then Dad tried 'em. We haven't had one since - and the box is 1/3 emptee now! Dang, I hate when things like this happen !

Oh yeah, Max & Annie ~ Nope, the rug sukker stayed in it's klozet garage and all the new kleening jugs remained unopened onna counter. We were "just gonna watch Ed" onna TV, then "get busy". Translation: Maybe tomorrow .

Gotta go and convince Dad ta feed us brunch - which won't be easy cause he's not hungry account alla Cheerio's he pigged on all mornin! Hoomins can be sooo difficult ta manage!

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

Daisy here. Smoke, listen up. When I was just a pup, I peed in the house a lot. Mommy would always yell though, and say, "BAD dog Daisy! You do your pippees outSIDE!" I think pippees is pee in Mom's puppy talk. Anyway, I hated lettin' Mom down and gettin' her all mad at me, so finally I just started goin' outside, and it's not so bad! And don't be shy 'bout it, everyone's gotta go sometimes. Even hyoomins, I know, cuz sometimes if people don't close the baffroom door all the way I push it open. They get real embarassed too, but they shoudln't. I do my duties no matter what, anywhere outside is A OK with me! Good luck with that, K? Cinder, I LOVE Cheerios! But same problem here, Mom ate the WHOLE box. I got back at her by eating a loaf of bread so she went lunchless the next day. Hyoomans CAN be difficult. Listen to my day: first Mom gave me a BATH... yah, a bath. With lots of water. I hate water. Only good thing about a bath is that afterwards, I go crazy and shake and roll on everything, uncluding everyone's beds. I kinda got in trouble though when I rolled on Grandpa's bed, cuz he was still in it. Anyway, that's not all that happened to me. Then when I thought I was safe, out come the nail clippers! Those things are just bad luck, ya know? So Mom and her sister hold me down real tight and Mom starts to chop a paw when she realizes the darn things are broken! But she said I needed my nails clipped (I thought they looked just fine, and they made cool noises when I ran on the tile) so she used the broken things anyway, and it took her 15 minutes 'till I was free because the things did a bad job. It was a rough day. Don't worry though, I played it up real good and I got lots of treats and kisses. Well I gotta go, I think I smell some bad cats, so good luck with your trainin' Smoke, and Cind, just go eat a loaf of bread to get Dad back.
    Woof,
    Daisy

Hey, Smokey. Tell your daddy that I, too, swear by Oxi-Clean. I tried everything I could find on the market to get the male scent off my carpets. I had two male dogs, so once one would go, the other one would too. My whole house stunk and I was contemplating recarpeting the house. Very expensive. One cleaning with the Oxi-Clean and the smell was gone. I used four scoops in the scrubber instead of one. Now, I'm hooked on this stuff. It even worked on my mom's cat pee smell. Once strays started coming around, her cat started "marking" his territory in the house. She used oxi-clean and the next day all the smell was gone. This stuff is amazing. Let us know what works best for you.

[This message has been edited by Stenograsaurus (edited February 22, 2001).]

NawteeDawg Hannah checking in. Like I told you, Cinder, Mom loves it when you call us all that. Makes her smile every time even with "the stock market in the toilet"...hmmm, every time I look, I don't see nuthin in the toilet! Mom really needs to smile too, 'cause she wasn't in a very good mood yesterday afternoon when from two rooms away she heard my notorious *gurk, gurk, guRRKKK* in her office. She came a running but by then it was too late as I had upchucked a load right by her desk. She couldn't figure out what I had in my tummy to drop that big of a pile since I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, but the bird seeds kind of gave it away. My nemisis, Squirrel, has been pushing lots of stuff to the ground from the feeder, and when a girl is hungry, a girl is hungry. Then last night, everybody was in the big bed sawing ZZZs, Mom and the Tucker were back to back under the covers. Tucker is having a dream and it must have been a doozy 'cause he's making all kinds of muffled noises when he starts emitting another kind of noise...gurk, gurk. Well he never got out the third gurk, cause bed covers went flying in the air and the infamous OUT, OUT, OUT wakes up everybody. Fortunately nuthin got regurgitated and Tucker got a cookie to settle his stomach. Now how fair is THAT?
    I'm the one who lost my lunch, and I get nuthin, Tucker threatens an upchuck and he gets a cookie. And this morning, all I did was lick the soap by the bathtub and I get another lecture. I think she's still on my case for getting Dad to side with me to vote for NO CATS in this house. Well, I better get off the puter so she can get to work, and I got some morning napping to get in. Check you all later.

Hannah,
    Lilly did the same thing last night. But she started before she even went to bed. She threw up piles of grass. She must have grazed like a cow yesterday. Then she moaned in her sleep during the night and mom ended up on the floor beside her, petting her. Mom was hovering all over her. She was so worried. I don't ever throw up and did she hover over me? No way. Why does she love Lilly so much when she's making such a mess?
    Lilly still doesn't feel good this morning and mom is worried. The vet isn't working today, so mom is going to watch her real close and maybe call a different vet if she gets worse during the day. I think she's sick because of all that grass she ate. Mom thinks she ate the grass because she didn't feel good. All I know is I sure didn't get much sleep last night since Mom stayed up late, worrying about Lilly, and then when Lil started moaning this morning, Mom got up with her again.
    Anybody have any idea what could be wrong with Lilly? I'm sure my mom would appreciate it if you do.
    I think I'll go take a nap now.
    Love, Honey

Hi Everybody! Star here. Boy, sure sad to here a all da upchuckin. Sounds like what Cody and I had last week. Mom called doc Paul and we were all on rice and boiled bird for two days. Doc Paul said it mighta been sumthin we ate. Probably sumthin from the outside. Personally, I love birdseed. Always sends me a chuckin too, Hannah. And soap???? Boy, do I love a good, mushy bar of dove. I always sneak a lick in, especially in the summer outta da outdoor closet with the rain machine! Keeps me blowin bubbles from both ends for hours! Don't know why our hoomins think all this stuff tastes bad!?? Mom's always doin the throwin the covers back thing and yelpin in the middle a da night. Usually cuz Mr. B the cat is bout to hurl a pile right on her head. Good thing I hear them four paws always land on their feet, cuz he surrrrre goes a flyin through the air! I sure hope Lilly girl is feelin better. Probably just a little upset, but I feel for yer mom Lilly. She loves you so. My mom told me. Try and rest and just take little bits a plain food and water. Sometimes the doc gives me a little Pepto when I'm feeling poorly in the gut. Maybe your mom can call the "on call" doc just to calm her nerves a bit? Do ya think ya have a temperture?? Doggies do get doggie type stomach flus sometimes, I hear. You take care pal. Let me know how ya feel soon, OK? And how are Cinder and the Kid? SO glad to hear that the potty problems are finally findin a rhythm! AND.....SKOOL??? We definitely need an update on how you're progressin! Hey Daisy!!! How ya doin kid! While we're on the topic a upchuckin.....Keep an eye on yer mom!! After doin all them Cheerios, it's a wonder she ain't hurlin herself!! Love your bath stories by the way, Daisy girl! Hah! I LIVE for a good soaking! Bath, a hosedown, a swim, rainstorm, whatever way I can git it. But I's sure wit ya on the nail sawing thing. NOPE!!! WILL NOT let her near with dem things. Ever since I was a pup, I laid the law down! Thanksfully for my mom, I run sooooo much, if ya kan believe it, I've never had to had my nails sawed ONCE !! So trim and smooth, Doc Paul says they looks like they been filed!! Well, better go. We're gettin set for a dooozy of a snowstorm. Wooppppeee! Lots a fun in the A.M.!! Bye to all my friends. But especially Lilly who is feeling a bit under the weather! Love to all, Star and Cody

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited February 22, 2001).]

Smokey's Skool Report Kard ~

Dad an SmokeMutt both looked a little *green* around the corners when they got back from skool last nite - sumpin about they both had too many Cheerios? Dad tried carrying some in his mouth so's he didn't have to fumble in his treat pouch, but each time he loaded up he needed to say sumpin to the Kid and had to chew up the stash. Kid did purdy good according to his teach; she's kool with his walkin' backards as long as he heels inna right direction at least some of the time. He's about the most laid-back mutt inna class - a few of 'em are kinda hyper and spent a lotta time bouncin up inna air. Smoke was a little slow wiffa *down*, but he showed me how he does it now. Kinda crouches down, then sorta falls over onna side, stretches out, an rolls over onna back . Dad's kinda frantik and tries to gather him up and push him inta a more compact pile wiffa feets onna bottom, but the teach says he's OK as long as he's *down*. Yipes! At least I can do a *down* wiffout wavin' my privates at everbody.

Daisy ~ Wha'd you do that you hadda have a baff inna middle of winter! And don't feel bad about Gramps - I bet it was time for him ta get up anyhow. I hate that toe choppin too - I try to walk quiet inna kitchen so's Dad won't hear me klikin'.

Hey Steno-G ~ kan you buy that Oxi-Kleen stuff inna store, or does it hafta come over the TV or the Net? We tried 3 stores and nobody had it.

Hannah ~ Magin that - my Dad says his bizness is inna toilet, too - but I've looked both at home and the Shop an I don't see one in there... Sound like you guys have the same trouble at your house as I do dealin with the *gurk & yurks*. I tell him and tell him - Don't *SHOUT* at me when I'm fixin ta do a *gurk* - that makes me all nerbus and then I can't walk fast to the door. If the Two-Leggers would just open the door quiet like, we'd get there in plenty of time. But no, they gotta holler and wave their handpaws and get everbody all upset. Sheese, Hoomins . Oh; how does the Tuck get a *cookie* ta "settle his tummy"? If I do either a *gurk* or a *yurk* I'm outta luck for seein anything solid for a few hours. Most I ever get is a glurg of water. I had Dad read yer post, and all he did was raise one eyebrow.

Star*Brite*, Cody, now Lilly ~ Whassup with alla *hurlin*? Course eatin rice with boiled burd or stu'd cow is a great way to eat - but all that *yurkin* puts a lott strains onna fambly harmonie an makes for sum *tense* moments. Youse guys shoul maybe ease off and think of nother way to grab some attentions. And I never did lika taste of that Bepto-Bis-Yuck stuff.

Wiggel yer Earbones & Wag yer Tails ~

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

Hi there Merlin here sorry to hear about all the upping but I have been eating snow for so long I think I remember grass green stuff right. Mom and I are keeping up with zuma and her reports on the iditarod shes a cool sled dog /reporter Mom wants to go watch the race sometime I think I'll stay home (you never know what those cats will do)
    Glad to hear the kid is doing well at school ! mom trains me at our local grade school weather permitting. well gotta go to bed now see ya all Merlin

Cinder:
    Tell yer dad that my mom buys the OxyClean stuff at either some place called Wal-Mart or K-Mart. I don't know what these places are cuz mom says we have to stay in the car. All I know is sometime if we're reel gud, she brings us pig ears from these places. Tell yer dad that if he's having trouble finding it in his area, let her know and maybe she can send him some to try out.
    Later,
    Max

Hi everybody.
    Just thought I'd get you straight on the "sick" thing Honey told you about. I just had a tummy ache and I couldn't always make it outside. I probably did eat too much grass when my tummy was hurting, but I am much better now. I haven't been sick in 24 hours. I even ate some breakfast this morning, but I didn't have any yesterday. Mom tried, but I just didn't want to eat.
    That Honey thinks she is supposed to get all of the attention because she's going to "skool" now and she thinks its because she is more important. Mom didn't bother to tell her its because she isn't as good as me. I don't need to go to skool.

I guess me and Honey better make up and be good sisters again. We really do like each other a lot, just have what mom calls "sibling rivalry". What's that?

Our mom is leaving us on Sunday for four whole days. Our grandparents are coming to stay with us and Helen. They are bringing their new dog, Mr. Darcy. We were kind of in hopes that Scout would come too. She's more like us, but Betsy, our grandma says that with Mimi and now Butter, that would be a little too much to manage. Scout likes to chase cats alot and Mimi has gotten used to her, but we think Butter might get really upset if Scout chases him up a tree. We don't want him to run away. Cause we like to chase him sometimes too, but he knows we're just playing.

Anyway, I just wanted to get the story straight for you.

Love, Lilly

Hey Merlin ~ Cinders, here ~

Can you post a klicker link to where that Zuma dog posts her Iditarod Tails? That might make for sum kool readin' iffin we could find her pages.

Glad everbodys tender tummies quit wiff the flippin-n-floppin stuff. Dad starts turnin *green* iffin he just reads stuff like that .

Happie Tails & Trails - Spring's a commin!

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

Merlin ~

I think maybe we found it - are you talking about "Zuma's Paw Prints"? Here's a kliker: http://www.iditarod.com/zuma_s_paw_prints.html

And take a peek at that neet doggie sized keyboard she's got ta work with!

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

Hey, Smoke, tell your dad that I buy Oxi-Clean at Wal-mart. I got the last one the last time I was there. It's hard to keep that stuff on the shelves. They're usually either sold out or have very few there. If your dad can't find it in a store he can try their website. http://www.oxiclean.com/

Hey, Smoke, tell your dad that I buy Oxi-Clean at Wal-mart. I got the last one the last time I was there. It's hard to keep that stuff on the shelves. They're usually either sold out or have very few there. If your dad can't find it in a store he can try their website. http://www.oxiclean.com/

Hey, Smoke. Tell your daddy that I buy Oxi-Clean from Wal-mart. It's hard to find around here though. Usually they are sold out or have very few left. It's hard to keep this stuff on the shelves. If Phred can't find it anywhere, here's their website.
    http://www.oxiclean.com/