Thread: still shaking like a leaf, but very thankful!

still shaking like a leaf, but very thankful!

I’m still shaking like a leaf, but very very grateful.
    Today was a windy day. A storm moving in. I was home, surfing, well, pettalk. He doorbell rang, I went to the door, looked out the peephole, and there was a man with Owen in his arms! I ripped the door open. The man smiled when he saw my expression of shock. As it happened, a strong wind hit my gate and SNAPPED two of the slats in half. The gate popped open, Owen wandered out. The neighbor said he was just standing two doors down, sniffing stuff. I thanked the man over and over again. And hugged Owen a lot! Then in the freezing cold drove to the lumber store and have just finished repairing (and fortifying) the gate. BRRR.
    I am soooo glad he went south instead of north. (north corner is much busier). I think that my reasoning worked well. Since he was a baby we have ONLY walked south. Even though the park north is closer. I figured if he ever got lost, he’d follow smells and go to the park. The streets going south are much quieter. But, as I said he only got about 2 houses and then got sidetracked smelling. Not sure he actually WOULD wander farther. He never has.
    MY LORD. So scary. To make matters scarier, I bought him a new collar today. I put it on him, and then the phone rang. I wisely put the OLD collar back on, while I was on the phone, because I hadn’t put the tags on the new one yet. Thank God for that too. I would have died if I’d had to spend a night not knowing…..waiting for the pound to open.
    I'm so thankful to that man! Going to do something nice for him, Any suggestions?
    Last edited by babolaypo65; 11-22-2003 at 06:49 PM.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

... but very thankful!

Originally posted by babolaypo65
    I'm so thankful to that man!
    Going to do something nice for him,
    Any suggestions?
    GOOD Boy, Owen -
    for wandering in the *safe* direction!

"Something nice"??

How about -
    A small framed photo of Owen, and
    a Plate of Cookies or Brownies?
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Whew! Good thing you didn't know he was gone until he was back home again!!

I'm so glad he's back home safe!!!!!

How scary! What a blessing that the man brought him home to safety! I can't even begin to imagine how worried you must have been!

Maybe buy the man a gift, or send him a card with some cookies to show how grateful you are.

It was pretty scary. I suspect it was only about 8-10 minutes. He ate, I microwaved popcorn. He went out to pee. I sat down to surf, and had only had a couple of bites of the popcorn. But lord how scary. You're right cookiebaker, it was, in some ways easier that I didn't know he was gone til he returned. It would have driven me out of my mind.
    I love your idea of the nice thing to do cinder and smoke! I'll do that. I know who he is, but havent yet met him officially. I know he's been staying with his elderly mother across the street the last month or so. So I'll go over there.

God, how scary. In almost 4 years this is the first scare like this I've had. I don't ever want to have one again!
    -babolaypo

-Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

I'm so glad he's home safe and sound! Boy, it only takes a moment for something scary to happen.

What about a gift certificate for a nice dinner?
    ~Kat

Yup, a plate of cookies or brownies - or a nice potted plant, if you're not a baker ... and a card they can keep with a big THANK YOU! on it! Nice man, his mom must be proud of him!

posted by Karen:Yup, a plate of cookies or brownies - or a nice potted plant, if you're not a baker ... and a card they can keep with a big THANK YOU! on it! >>>>>

I agree! What a wonderful young man.
    Everybody loves home baked goodies.

Glad Owen is home safe and sound.

----<---<--<{(@

Oh thank God that sweet little Owen is okay!!!!!! I would have had a heart attack for sure!

Owen - you stay home and don't wander off again and scare poor mommy to death.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

How scary!! Glad you got him back ok!!

It could have happened to anybody, so its not your fault!!
    or how about a nice big box of Chocolates?
    sinse hes a man i dont think the flowers would be an interest to him,lol
    oh and a card!!
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Wow! That is very scary! But good thing he was back so soon, and you didn't even know he was gone.
    I think you should give the man a nice box of chocolates and a thank you card I don't know...all the other suggestions are nice.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Whew! I am so glad that you got him back quickly.

I'm glad Owen wondered off in the right direction and is safely back! What a thoughtful man. He deserves a box of cookies for sure!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Well, I watched the news last night. Power was out to about half my city for part of the afternoon, due to power lines being blown down. A tree fell on a mobile home. And several trees were uprooted. I guess it's not too surprising that the 1 by 4 slats on my gate snapped. But scary nontheless, when you think your fenced yard is keeping your dog safe.

I saw the man again this morning. He said owen wasn't moving when he saw him. Just standing there, two doors down, smelling a tree.

Thanks guys, for the nice words, and the suggestions for what to give the nice man.
    -babolaypo

-Sri Yogananda

-Ursula Leguin