Thread: Akita Pups Missing

Akita Pups Missing

This notice was on our Tibetan Spaniel list where most of the members are from the US. Please help. Thanks.
    Marie

hi everyone, would really appreciate you posting the following to any and all lists you belong to -- thanks!
        A little before christmas, a tragedy has struck a noted akita breeder located near aiken, south carolina.  while she was away at work, someone stole two 10 week old akita pups from their kennel runs at the breeder's home.  the female was her pick stud puppy and her ears are already standing.  she is red with black overlay, black mask and white markings.  the male is a silver with black overlay, black mask and white markings.  the breeder turned down a prospective puppy buyer the day before the theft, as she did not feel that this particular person would provide an appropriate home for an akita.  it is not known at this time if that person is involved in the theft but, the breeder lives in a country setting that would not give easy access to anyone who did not already know that the puppies were there.  we would appreciate it if anyone in the south carolina, georgia, florida, north carolina area could be on the lookout for these two puppies.  pictures will be available later this week -- they are being put on a computer disk for transmission.  in the meantime, please contact pam glave at 803-266-4300 (home) or 803-642-6448 (work), if you have any information.  thank you.

That is so sad. And right here in my own state. Of course, all kinds of questions pop up in my head about why the dogs were outside, etc. but I know she must be very upset that they are both gone. Guess there isn't anything much we can do except keep our eyes and ears open, and say a prayer that both puppies are ok.

Is there an update on this one? Just curious if the "turned down" potential owner has been questioned about the pups? Just hate this kind of thing.
    "Every creature is a word of God."
    Meister Eckhart, Animal Blessings
    Dog Potentials

Originally posted by ktreva52:
    <STRONG>Is there an update on this one? Just curious if the "turned down" potential owner has been questioned about the pups? Just hate this kind of thing.</STRONG>
    Haven't heard any update. I agree that a starting point would have been to question the 'turned down' person.

Actually, a theft from a breeder happened here this year. A person with a grudge against a Tibetan Spaniel breeder entered her property when she was absent. He picked up 2 of her dogs. But as he was struggling to get out the front gate, the tibbies wriggled free & ran off. A woman in a house across the road witnessed the whole thing but she couldn't see his car which was parked in a side laneway.
    The breeder & her husband arrived home soon after and the search was on for the 2 tibbies. One dog managed to return home. The other was rescued by people who lived nearby & who were able to get the address & phone number from its tags.
    The police were called, but there were no charges laid because the woman who'd witnessed the event couldn't identify the man...she was too far away to take in details of his appearance.
    Marie