View Poll Results: Should Sandra Odom be convicted of involuntary manslaughter and child abuse???

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes she IS guilty, she never should've left the children alone...no matter what.

0 0%
  • No she is NOT guilty

0 0%
  • She lied which means she has something to hide

1 50.00%
  • This was just a horrible tragedy, nothing more

1 50.00%

Thread: North Carolina woman on trial for the death of 4 year old stepson

North Carolina woman on trial for the death of 4 year old stepson

I've been watching Court TV. Sandra Odom, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter and child abuse, is on trial for the pool death of her 4 year-old twin stepson. This is the second trial for Odom, whose first trial ended in a hung jury.

The defense is saying that the boy suffered from "water intoxication", due to ingesting a large amount of water.

She is the mother of 7 children. As I watched her testimony, she first told investigators that she never left the pool, where the two 4 year-old twins had been swimming. Later on, after investigators said she would not get her children back, she supposedly changed her story, telling them that she DID go into the house, leaving the 2 kids in the pool alone for a brief moment. She said she told them what she wanted to hear in an effort to get her children back.

I'm on the fence on this one and want to know you're opinion. She was given a plea bargain which assured her that (she was pregnant at the time) she would not give birth to her child in prison, which she refused, saying she would not admit to something she didn't do.

Part of me, after watching her body language, says she's guilty and is putting on a good act. Another part of me is saying that this is just a horrible tragedy.
    Last edited by moosmom; 11-19-2003 at 11:52 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!