Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats "Suckling" for comfort

Cats "Suckling" for comfort

We had some posts here earlier about our cats who suckles on other cats, people and objects, even male cats (like two I used to have) I got some pics of our nightly ritual. Emily senses it is time for bed and waits on her daddy's pillow. He gets in bed and she leaps to his chest and buries her little face into the blanket where she slurps at the blanket for about 5 minutes before dropping off into dead slumber. All the while, she makes biscuits and pats his face. If it wasn't so cute, I would snort and laugh! Of course my hubby has never in his life been "chosen" by a cat so he is the "honored" one - and who wouldn't be? This is also the daddy who covered a pillow with that blanket and put his hat on it while we left for an overnight - he was worried she would not have a place to sleep!! She worships him and shoots me mean looks!! Maybe it is the beard. Anyway - here they are:

Sleeping Emily

..and when she is out...she is OUT. He just moves her over..

What a life! D
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 11-19-2003 at 09:08 AM.

That is just TOO precious!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Awwww. My husband would just let Allen stay sleeping on him! He'll say to me, "watch out for the big guy" Oh, like I can't see a big orange cat smack dab in the middle of my husbands chest! LOL

How precious!! Emily looks a lot like lady Edwina, hey

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by catnapper
    Awwww. My husband would just let Allen stay sleeping on him! He'll say to me, "watch out for the big guy" Oh, like I can't see a big orange cat smack dab in the middle of my husbands chest! LOL
    Kim that line was great. It sounds like something I might say. I think that I might get the same response too.

Anyway, those pictures are way cute. I think it is great that your husband has been choosen. I still really like that he was worried about Emily and created a spot for her. It sounds like something I would do.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

It is amazing how cats bring out the "softer side" of men. Dogs and men roughhouse and wrestle but with cats...it is different! To see my big lug of a husband cuddle one of the cats is so amazing.

The "stuffed shirt" is my favorite story!

You're right Lut...another E lookalike!

My cat Lucky is a suckeler too. When he's in the mood, usually at night or when we are laying down watching TV, he sucks on our earlobes or the "chubby part" of our hand skin and kneads and purrs with his eyes closed. It's cute at first but the purring in the ear and sucking on the earlobe is very ticklish when we're trying to sleep! Our routine is every morning when I sit in the sink to do my makeup, he waits for me and then gets in my lap and hugs my hand and sucks on it till he falls asleep, it's so cute.

Here is a picture of him suckeling Daddy's hand in bed one morning:

We think he does this because he was separated from his mom early, he was found alone about to cross a highway at 7 weeks old!

Here is another random picture of Lucky, I call it "Singin' in the Rain", he was intrigued by my umbrella. This was when he was a tiny boy at about 4 months old.

What PRECIOUS pictures!!!! I am a real "sucker" myself (pardon the pun) for men who love cats!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    What PRECIOUS pictures!!!! I am a real "sucker" myself (pardon the pun) for men who love cats!!!!
    *groan*
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Originally posted by catnapper
    OH YEAH!! This happens too! He'll have the little brat..er...princess all cozy and has me bring him water or his book or something so as not to disturb sleeping beauty. I don't always think it is funny either! That is MY spot!!!

Then again, I will lay there in the morning - bladder bursting - just because I don't want to disturb two sleeping cats draped across me!!

Those pictures are just too cute! Absolutely adorable!!

The stories are so funny! I think it must be the same in all these cat households! I am so glad I am not alone! Sammy is his Daddy's cat. I get bitten every night when I go to bed because I am disturbing his snuggle with Daddy!! *Yes I am saying that with a nasty sarcastic tone!* Sammy sees no reason for me to exist other than to feed him, and clean his box! BRAT!

I really adore that silly cat!!

Re: Cats "Suckling" for comfort

Originally posted by sirrahbed

..and when she is out...she is OUT. He just moves her over..

What a life! D
    I can't believe she sleeps so soundly that you can move her without her waking That's incredible. Briggs seems to snap to whenever I make even the slightest wiggle in bed. I love having her sleep right up next to me (so soothing) and hate it that if I have to get up or adjust the covers that that usually means I lose my snuggle buddy.

Yeah, Emily sleeps like a log!! Sometimes we mess with her and drape her in weird postures and she just ZZZZZ's through it all!! This is just at night though. The kitties both sleep very lightly ..catnaps??...during the day. But the sleep after her nightly suckling is heavy sleep. She is literally like a dishrag!! Funny!!