Thread: Update on Wyatt

Update on Wyatt

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated--I was hoping to have great news. Sadly, I haven't found a new home for Wyatt yet but I'm far from giving up. I posted our information on petfinder.com and have received another good lead from the deli dog. (Thank you!) I've contacted three of my area lab rescues, but none will take a mix. If worse comes to worse and I can't find him a new family, there is a no-kill SPCA in my area and they are supposed to have a wonderful adoption program. I'm still a little skeptical about putting an ad in the paper, but I will be able to interview the interested parties, so we'll see. This whole thing is just really tough.
    Wyatt is doing well, though it's almost like he knows what about to happen...maybe it's because I fawn on him even more nowadays. (On a good note, he's become even better at catching the frisbee! He leaps into the air now and catches it without missing a step! It's so neat to see.) I hope you all are doing well and I will be sure to keep posting with the news. Thank you all again for your help!

Sarah and Wyatt

Sarah, we are here for you...just remember that when you have to say goodbye to Wyatt. We will support you completely through the difficult task of finding a new home for him. He really does sound perfect and trust me, if I lived near you your search would be overwith because I'd take him! I am sure there will be someone else out there who lives closer, is looking for a perfect dog and agrees that he sounds perfect.

Don't give up hope! The wait is worth finding the perfect forever home for Wyatt. And Leslie said it perfectly. We are all here to support you 100%! Give him a big hug and a toss of the frisbee for me and Star...She loves frisbee too! Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sarah the world needs more caring people like you in it! Wyatt will forever love you for trying so hard to find him the perfect home. You will always hold a special place in his doggie heart, and I am sure it goes vice versa. For now, play with that perfect pup all you can, and as Sandra and Leslie said before me, when the time comes to say goodbye, you can come here and we will all do our best to cheer you up. Kisses to both of you from Daisy and me, and good luck with your search!

SARAH, WYATT SOUNDS LIKE SUCH A GOOD BOY...OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU....I HOPE THAT YOU FIND A GOOD HOME FAST...I WISH I COULD TAKE HIM....HOWEVER I AM A ONE PERSON DOG AND HAVE TENDED TO FIGHT WITH OTHER DOGS....I SPENT ALMOST 4 MONTHS IN THE LOCAL POUND AND MY PET HUMAN RESCUED ME JUST IN TIME....MAYBE THATS' WHY I AM NOT QUITE WILLING TO SHARE YET....BUT ANYWAY...IF NOTHING PANS OUT CALL D&C FOREVER...THEY ARE A GREAT FACILITY...THE OWNER IS MS. LAURA LINSCOTT.... KEEP US POSTED WE WANT TO KNOW THAT YOU AND WYATT ARE DOING WELL.... THE DELI DOG
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

These posts just break my heart. Wyatt sounds so wonderful. Are there any Frisbee clubs in your area. Maybe their members could be a source for finding someone who would share Wyatt's interests.

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

What a great idea Rachel!!! Maybe that's the way to go for Wyatt.... My heart is lurching reading all of these posts...

We just aided in the re-homing of a dog last week, and are going to be a part of a relay tomorrow night. What these dogs go through... it's gut-wrenching...

I'll send positive thought's your way... Wyatt sounds so wonderful.... Hug him for me... ok?

Annie and her two goofie newfies, Cora & Kira
    CoraKiraand Sadie Mae

Star Light Star Bright
    I wish I may I wish I might
    See our Sadie's Star tonight

haven't heard anything on wyatt...how is your search going????? have you found a home yet???? i hope that all is well...please keep us posted!?!?!?!?thanks,deli
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Sarah:
    Did you see the address I posted under "Good Web site for adoptions and rescues"? If you have not found a home for Wyatt yet, perhaps the Home Finder service there will help. Good luck.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I'm so heartbroken over this post. Wyatt is just too sweet and beautiful and loving NOT to find a forever home!! I just KNOW that the right person, the perfect match, is out there. It will probably happen quite out of the blue, when you least expect it. This happened to a friend of my just the other day. After months of trying to place her dog in a loving home, (her new husband has severe allergies) a stranger walked into her business and started talking about her frustration, having no luck finding a gentle little older dog to adopt after losing her beloved pup. Don't give up! We're keeping all our paws crossed for the beautiful Wyatt. Hugs to you precious boy. You are so special!!!!

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sarah, how is Wyatt doing? I think about him so often. Please give us an update when you can. And give Wyatt a big hug and kiss.
    Sandra