Thread: feeling very low

feeling very low

Hi everyone... I just need a place to vent. As I posted earlier. I took in the stray family I was feeding. I now have 2 kitties and 1 female cat which I just had spayed( 1 down). I am now trying to trap the other momma cat to keep(?) or release after having her vetted.

Anyway, everything seems fine until I went to work and saw this mom and kitty pair. They are absolutely gorgeous black and white cats. I just rescued 3 kittens in this area that all escaped me. Now this kitty seems to still be very young and does not seem to be feral yet. Even the mom seems friendly enough. But problem is. I could not possible take 2 more. Our finances could not handle it right now. I even prioritized my kitties before my personal needs which is fine with me anyway. But now this! what am I gonna do. I feel so very low today. Winter is around the corner and they are living in an open area. Oh and we're moving this December. I have called a lot of rescues before and nobody can take anymore cats. I just don't know what to do anymore.

I feel sad now and angry. If only more people would care. If only people living on those huge houses can take in just 1 stray... I'm so sorry, I just feel so disappointed and frustrated. I feel like the only one who cares ....

It is hard, because we cannot possible help them all.

Maybe, if you found out if there is a rescue who would help with the expenses if a foster home could be provided for the kitties. If you had the expensive stuff taken care of you might be able to BE that foster home until the cats cat either move to the shelter or find homes of their own.

And if not, maybe a rescue organizaton would be willing to do a TNR so at least the cycle would be broken.

My heart aches for you, and I too wish people could try to adopt "JUST 1 MORE".

How sad! Please try to remain positive about the ones you ARE able to help. My hubby keeps on reminding me that I can't help THEM ALL - and I don't do 1% of what some people here do! I mainly feed and TNR my local strays.

I really pray you find a solution! (((HUGS)))

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I will soon have the same problem , as it will soon be COLd , up here. there are places that they can get out of the cold , and sleep , but that willnot help , when it gets below freezing. I guess that it will be the basement , or the spare room.I cant stand to see them cold. Good luck , and Prayers for those two Poor Cats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Princess_Snow,

I know your feeling overwhelmed right now. I've been there so I know exactly what you're talking about.

How about asking around to the people at work to see if someone would be interested in fostering them till homes can be found, or if someone would be interested in giving them homes. Another suggestion would be to look up on the internet to see if there are any rescue organizations in your area.

I'm up to my max of 9 cats and simply refuse to go into double digits. I just cannot handle anymore.

Step back, take a deep breathe and do the best you can. Like Jen said, unfortunately you cannot save them all.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Do take a moment, breathe deeply and remember that you are not alone. Poor California is in our prayers for so many reasons. I don't know what part of CA you're in. You cannot save every kitty. Any chance of capturing them and bringing them to ... I dunno - a church or a nursing home or a school ...

As I tell a certain Pet Talk angel (Aly) all the time, you have to take care of yourself. Without you, so many kitties would be worse off. Take care of yourself, okay?

Oh how terrible.

Are you sure there isn't a small rescue near you? Maybe a PTer near by? I hope you can find an option somewhere. Poor kitties in the winter.
    I've been BOO'd!

I have called a lot of rescue before, but other than some advice, I'm on my own. My main problem aside from the finances is time. We are moving by Dec or Jan so I could not possible alter all of them by that time. Anyway, I would try to spay as many as I can before we move and probably leave a feeder that I can refill every week. I hope it doesn't get thrown away though by the new owners.... *Sigh* I think about what most people my age worry about. I'm 25, and while a lot of my friends worry about clothes, party... I worry about the animals in the world. Sometimes I wish I didn't care too much , but then I see a cat in need and I realize it is who I am. Hopefully, I still have a lot of time in this world to help more. Thanks everyone! your words of encouragement mean a lot to me. I will keep on calling more rescues.