Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting to get fed up...

starting to get fed up...

grr ok ever since shadow was a puppy it has always been my moms job to grrom her, my mom and dad used to fight over who shadow belonged to. she does belonge to my dad however. anyway since my mom got blair she has not been fair to shadow, every winter shadow needs her hair trimmed because of the snow, it gets cought up in her hair, and mats it. so ever since the first snow I have been reminding my mom to trim shadows hair, had she got around to it? NO. finally I have just given up on reminding her and her putting it off, and groom shadow myself, the poor thing her feet were all matted up and gross, so her feet look rather goofy, because I had to cut them out. then I went to brush her ears and they were all matted up, so they were trimmed to. and she got a full out brushing. the poor dog, my dad does not live with us anymore, but shadow stays here, beacause his place does not allow dogs, and he provides meat and bones for shadow that he regularly brings over, and he taked shadow out for walsk and runs and car rides and such. but I do shadows training, and my mom does her grooming, ever since blair came along she has been totally neglecting shadow. she just says "ya whatever, I will do it later" she has been negleting perky too, I know because whenever my mom does not give perky much attention she starts beating up happy and misty. then she goes out a lot leaving me with her bratty puppy sitting. she has not done any training with blair yet.. etc.. she is driving me nuts. I mean I have heard of kids dropping the responisibility of pets on there mom but th emom dropping the stuff on to the kid? she takes care of blair, and cuddles with Ripley, perky and shadow are getting totally left out. not much I can do with perky she hates me. but man, if a 16 year old can handle grade 11, dancing,flyball, and 6 guinea pigs, 6 gerbils, 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, and 2 tanks of fish, that my mom who grew up with more animals then that should be able to handle a part time job that she only has to work when she feels like it, 4 dogs,5 piggies and 1 fish. tank. jeeze. sorry for the rant, she is just driving me nuts
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Have you tried talking to your mom about it? Maybe you could explain it to her, and see what she says. I am sorry to hear about this, but you really need to talk to her.

Well, you said Shadow was your father's .. so shouldn't he had done it?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

What a difficult situation for you. I hope your mother is reasonable enough that you are able to talk to her and have her listen to you.

I agree.....you really need to discuss this with your mother. It's not fair to Shadow....and certainly isn't a healthy thing for her. It sounds to me like your mom doesn't have enough time for all your dogs [maybe?]....

kfamr my dad does not live with us, he can only come so often to see shadow.

I have tried talking to her, she does not seem to care to much, she just says ya whatever, she does not need it right now, I will do it later, that kind of thing.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Originally posted by cali
    kfamr my dad does not live with us, he can only come so often to see shadow.

I have tried talking to her, she does not seem to care to much, she just says ya whatever, she does not need it right now, I will do it later, that kind of thing.
    Well TELL her that she needs it. And I think your dad needs to know about this, how many dogs do you have at your mom's house anyway?

If that's the case, Shayna....why can't you just do it? I understand that you don't think its fair your mom is putting all this work on you, but Shadow is your dog also. Granted, your mom may have more time on her hands and said she would do it.....but obviously she isn't going to, and like I said, that dog is your responsibility also.

You two need to sit down and work out some sort of schedule or something.....that way all of your dogs will get plenty of attention and care.

Originally posted by Moose
    why can't you just do it?
    I am wondering too...?

Originally posted by Moose
    You two need to sit down and work out some sort of schedule or something.....that way all of your dogs will get plenty of attention and care.
    That's an excellent idea. It would be benficial to everyone, and make life less stressful on you, your mom and the pets.

moose I have been taking care of shadow, I have alwasy done all her training etc.. like I said I got fed up and did the grooming myself, it look horrable though, my mom does the grooming when it comes to hair trims because I am not so good with the clippers, happys feet always look horrable afetr I am through lol thats why I try to avoid doing clipping on someone elses dog I mean I just got fed up and did it myslef I dont care if it looks horrable anymore because she needs it done and obviously my mom does not plan on doing it! I think I will tell my dad about it, he is very sensitive when it comes to his baby. maybe he will be able to do aomething about it maybe he wont, I dont know. I hop eher can get my mom to help take care of his dog. I will see if I can get my dad on her case. otherwise it looks like I have another hairy(sheltie/spanial coat) dog to take care of.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Do you think that maybe you could sit down with your mom (get the schedule made) and ask her to teach you?

I guess so I never even thought of that! lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Originally posted by cali
    I guess so I never even thought of that! lol
    Maybe you could try that.

Either way, it NEEDS to be done, no matter who does it. If you are not comfortable trimming, you should at least brush Shadow regularly to prevent those matts from occuring.