Thread: more about Wyatt and our search

more about Wyatt and our search

I want to start this letter with a huge 'Thank You!' to everyone who has responded to my first post about Wyatt and I. It was amazing how quickly you all wrote with ideas and words of encouragement. I'm planning on putting our information on other pet sites and hopefully someone will see Wyatt and fall in love with him, just as I have.
    So now I'd like to share more about my Wyatt with you all. He's 2 & 1/2, stands 21 inches at the shoulder and is 35 in. from nose to backside. Wyatt weighs 62 lbs and seems to have finished growing. (He had the typical lab growth spurt around 2 yrs. and has filled in about 5 more pounds since then.) He was fixed at app. 14 months. I like to think of him as my 'perfect medium-sized dog'! Anyway, he's mostly black with 4 white socks, a white chest and this neat white swirl that comes around his neck & down his nose. (He's incredibly handsome. Oh I'm not biased.) He's house broken and leash trained. Oh boy was that an interesting time!! He wasn't used to a leash so the first time we went walking he spooked and tried to bolt. Of course I followed obediently...
    We live just outside of Tampa, FLA. (It's about two hours from Orlando--central, eastern Florida.) And thankfully we have a nice fenced yard for the frisbee matches, although nightly walks are still top billing!
    Wyatt is very sensitive. He loves being around other animals, even cats! (From what I understand of his first home, there was another dog, his brother, about 4 cats and 2 kids.) He hasn't been around many children with me, except at the park. He seems pretty awed by them, especially a crying baby. He stops dead in his tracks, his eyes get wide and his ears perk up. But he never wants to get too close. He will let kids pet him, but then he'll run off to find some mischief. Now cats he likes! He tries to play with the neighbor cat, who in turn hisses and swats at him. Wyatt starts jumping around and runs away, comes back, leans close, jumps around--it's quite a spectacle. And he simply ignores my friend's cat--always has.
    He's also good with other dogs. He loves to run and chase, or be chased. I think he likes to show off how fast he is! He's gentle with small dogs and always ready for 'tougher' play with the bigger dogs. We went to the park in Atl. almost evey weekend so he's been around a variety of different breeds and ages. His first 'girlfriend' and regular playmate was my friemd's dog, a border collie mix named Jessie.
    I'm planning on getting some pictures of Wyatt circulating--he melts every person he meets! And I'll be back in the next day or two with some more info of the other sites I post too. Thank you all again for the advice and encouragement. If I have to do this I at least want to make sure Wyatt nevers goes through it again.
    Warm regards to you and your furry families.

Sarah

Oh wow. Wyatt sounds wonderful. I wish I could take him!! I don't have a yard or I would He's sounds perfectly adoptable and I'm sure you'll find him a great home.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'd take Wyatt too but my mother is firm when she says "this is a one dog household!" So I can't really help out, besides praying and hoping for you! Wyatt sounds like a wonderful boy, and with a wonderful person like you trying to help him out, I am sure he will end up with a loving family. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I just have a feeling that this will all work out for the both of you. Good luck with yoru search for Wyatt's forever home.

Oh he sound perfect ! I wish I lived closer, I would take him in a flash. He could live on our 22 acres and play with my two hounds all day long. I rescued a little beagle/basset X and spent alot of time getting him to trust and love me so I now how you must be feeling haveing to give your baby up.
    I believe he will find an amazing loving home. Good Luck and Best Wishes in finding the perfect home.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

Wyatt sounds like my DREAM dog! I believe, and hope and pray, that this gem of a pup will be in very loving forever home soon. Do try all of the rescue boards. I think several already posted a few. Lab rescue is one of the few "breed" rescues that does place mixes. Everyone loves a lab mix! My Dad lives in Fla., and if he didn't live in a condo there, I know he would take hime in a second. So would I; he sounds SO special. And your story just breaks my heart. I know how incredibly difficult it must be for you. Please know we're all here for you and Wyatt. When things get tough, the Pet Talk friends are always there for you!! Sarah, thank you for being such a loving, kind and caring person! And hugs please to the beautiful, precious Wyatt! Love, Sandra

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

We need an update on Wyatt! Since reading about him, I haven't been able to get him out of my mind! Hugs to you Wyatt, you precious pup!!!!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

sarah, i replied to your other site with info for you....call dogs and cats forever....a no kill facility in pt.st.lucie...about 2 hours from you.....their num is 561-489-5454....their website is dogs and cats forever.com....or e-mail at [email protected] are a great facility with a 24 hour caretaker....if you do not have a home for wyatt give them a call...he would be in good paws!!!!!!!!! the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids