Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see Friday's episode of Pet Star?

Anyone see Friday's episode of Pet Star?

I watch Pet Star every Friday, I just love watching the animals. Last night's winner, Magnum the doberman, I just can't get his act out of my mind. It totally blew me away. It seemed like such an ordinary trick and then.. I don't know how to describe it. It just stole my heart. Anyone else see it and know what I'm talking about?
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I missed it! What'd he do?

Yes, I saw beautiful Magnum! He was adorable.

He retrieved mail from a mailbox, and brought it back standing on his hind legs, tiwrling in circles while jumping. He was also very bediant and listened to his owner well. =)

That Henry Lizardlover guy kinda creeped me out...not very social, and his last name just killed it for me. The lizards were pretty though. =)

magnum was on again with another trick?? he was on ther before, he got a can of coke from the fridge, and danced back on his hind legs all the way to his owner.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Those weren't the same dogs.
    Magnum was red, and had a blocky head when the Dobe that did the can thing was black, and had the point ears with a long face.

He kept his balance so amazingly well, you could just see his powerful muscles as he jumped in circles while never touching his front legs to the floor. He was just so sweet and the finale of his trick totally surprised me.

Yeah. =) I thought it was just going to be a simple get the mail trick, but then I saw his jumping in circles! He looked like a little bunny or something!

I also liked the act with the two girls, and their Border Collies. That was so incredibly cute, the comedian judge who never gave a single 10 was an @## for only giving them a 7 or whatever.

The pig was cute too. =)

I loved the little tight-rope walking dog Pepe too. So adorable. I didn't care for that one judge either but I liked the one from Seinfeld (can't remember his name offhand). He seemed to really appreciate what was a hard trick for a dog to do.

The show before that I couldn't get over the dog that walked around on his hind legs just like a person. It looked so easy and natural for something that doesn't come to a dog naturally at all. I also really enjoyed the guy with the nine dogs that he rescued from shelters and trained. Some really cute and impressive things on that show, thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

I'm so mad I missed Pet Star 2 weeks in a row! I love that show...esp; Mario!! I can't get over the strength and balance it takes for those dogs to hop and circle like that! Personally, I'd be on my face!

I've been Boooo'd!

I saw this episode of Pet Star.

I do not like their inconsistent scoring! Ugh. Well, I don't like ratings in general cause then someone loses.

It really bothered me how they gave the piggy act such low scores because they somehow knew that the piggy didn't enjoy it and the acts were "just for" the guardian. How would they know??? A pig's body language is not going to be like a dog's.....

I just don't see any basis to their ratings at all.......

Anyone agree?

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

I think the pig did wondrfully, and I fully agree with you abou the scoring of her. I would know from living in Oklahoma, that pigs are trainable, but to get them to cooperate for as long as Cinnabun did is pretty hard! The judges suck I agree, but I love to watch all the tricks. =)

I didn't see the Friday episode, but my favorite act of all time has to be the act with Skidboot the Australian Cattle Dog. Jeez, that dog was amazing. I wish Moose would listen to me like that....... lol

Originally posted by Foam
    The judges suck I agree, but I love to watch all the tricks. =)
    Agreed!!!
    How about we can the judges, but keep Mario!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Originally posted by Kater
    How about we can the judges, but keep Mario!
    Agreed!
    Can you imagine? All the Pet Talkers rage onto the set right in the middle of the show, and capture Mario? =)) The dogs can keep the judges away. ;D Hehe.

I don't know what they really expected of Cinnabun. It seemed to me she was trying hard to concentrate and do what her owner was asking. It was very obvious to me that the guy really loved his pig.