Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Little Shelter Needs Help Since 09/11/2001

New York Little Shelter Needs Help Since 09/11/2001

The Little Shelter, a no-kill animal shelter on Long Island is in desperate need of donations. As with most rescue organizations they survive on donations from the public. After the tragedy at the world trade center, their incoming donations have dropped so low that they are in danger of closing their doors!! This would be a great tragedy as they have re-homed many dogs and cats over the years. I donated some money this weekend and found out just how bad off they are. If you could find it in your heart to send anything, even a dollar please do so. Their phone number is (631)368-8770 extension 205. Their address is 33 Warner Road, Huntington, New York 11743. They have a website linked through their shelter link on Petfinder. Please do what you can.

Thanks for posting this. I will print it up and hang it up at our humane society. Hopefully a lot of people will be willing to donate. Its such a sad situation
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Dear Diane. I would be honored to send a donation and would like to do so in honor of our beloved Bourbon. We cannot afford to lose even one sanctuary for our furry friends. What a special person you are
    Diane...in your time of personal grief and loss, you find the strength to reach out, to open your heart, and help others in need. Bourbon was truly blessed to have a mom such as you.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

How thoughtful of you to do this in Bourbon's memory. I honestly didn't even think of that. What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful dog, my baby.

The most beautiful tribute to Bourbon Diane, is the one that lives on, forever, in your heart. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you, the brave and valiant Bourbon, and the love you shared, the loss you feel. I have been there and I know that empty place in your heart. You're not alone. But through our love and our loss, in his name, if we can do some good for the other helpless creatures, I think Bourbon would be proud.

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Awww you two have me crying! Sandra you must be one of the sweetest people I know, and Diane, you are so strong and caring! I am proud to "know" both of you As for the shelter, I would love to help... but being a teenager with quite a low budget, I don't think there is much I can do. I hope my prayers will help!

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

I just sent my donation by credit card on their website. Such a great place and a worthy, important cause. They have soooo many gorgeous dogs to ogle!

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

I also made a contribution online. Thanks for bringing the need to our attention.

I took the address down - I'll send some of my jar money at the end of the year. There's almost $200 in it now.

Thank you Pepper for posting The Little Shelter address. I'm sending a donation right now in the hope that they won't have to close their door to the animals in need.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Thank you for posting the info. As soon as I get my new check book I am going to make a donation. I hope I get those new checks soon, I have a shelter to help out

I also just made a credit card donation via
    Don's credit Card in memory of
    "Bourbon". Pepper I hope you are getting along and thinking about the good times with him, I know you have a special place in your heart just for Bourbon.
    Jackie

You guys are the greatest. I posted on another board and only received one reply. I too love Best Friends but for some reason this story just touched my heart.

I made a donation just a few minutes ago. I am also going to buy some Raw Hide and Doggy Bones and ship it to them.

I know wwe can make a difference. I just hope that enought people pitch in.

A Long Island newspaper has written an article about the Little Shelter's financial problems. http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...ws%2Dheadlines
    I have been trying to get on the Little Shelter's website for days and I get the error too many users are connected. I hope this means that more contributions are coming in for them.