Thread: Must read for us bunny folk

Must read for us bunny folk

I was organizing the office and found my old copy of Watership Down . I'm reading it again. What a great book.

If you haven't read it, it was a NY Times bestseller in the early '70s. Great reading for anyone, and a must read for any rabbit owner. You will never forget these rabbits.

-Tim

I used to watch the series all the time when it came on, its a great story, but the music on the show was just to depressing otherwise it is a really awsome story!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I didn't realize it was also a show. The book is very well written.

-Tim

OMG I've read that book a thousand times and seen it on TV. I finally got so addicted that I ordered a copy on VHS. Then as my addiction grew stronger, I downloaded the song "Bright Eyes" from the internet and now have it on CD and listen to it in the car. A very powerful story!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

i saw the movie but i didn't like that they made some of the bunnies look so mean!

Unfortunately some bunnies ARE mean.....usually because they've been mistreated or had a traumatic experience. It's always a 50-50 deal if you take on a mean one to get him resocialized and calmed down but it does happen. It's just too bad the animal was mistreated in the first place.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

I found the film to sad, maybe now I am older I could retry it.

I did't know it was a movie or a series. I saw a clip from the series. They might be very good projects, but they're very different from the book.

Animated animals are expected to talk. Shows have background music to support the story and entertain. Animation is safe, and works for small children.

The book has real rabbits that communicate. There's no background music in a real field. In the book, when Fiver is running for his life, it's a real rabbit, and the real threat sends your heart racing.

If you haven't read the book, forget any connection with the series or the movie. The NY Times called it "The best animal book ever written".

Here's a link to a site that shows photos of the actual places the book was based on. http://www.mayfieldiow.freewire.co.uk/watershp/

Enjoy

-Tim