Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob and Joey, There first day

Bob and Joey, There first day

I realized that I had not posted any pics lately, and then I realized I had not taken any good pics lately either.

So I decieded that I would show pictures from when they first come to live with us.

There really not very good either, but I thought, what the heck.

First we will show Bob, since he was our first after RB flicka.

Here we have Bob at the shelter. I asked why such a big kitty was in a small cage. They let me know that he was just being held there until he got over his cold and then he would get a bigger cage.
    I think that he was happy to come home with us. However that look says "Leave me alone I was sleeping".

Hey, maybe the rid in the carrier was worth it(He hates the carrier). This palce is nice. Maybe, I'll look around, got anything to eat.

Hey, look at this a big kitty bed with a window view and an open window. WOW!!!

Really like this, he is my new friend. I think I'll call him owl. This was the first toy that Bob got and after two years he still plays with it. However, owl is missing it's eyes now.

Now onto Joey.

We got Joey from the same shelter that we got Bob from. She had been back there about a year and a half when we got her. she was a feral and therefore hard to adopt. Plus the fact that she always hide, and everbody missed her, silly girl. That's OK however that means that we got her.

This is a really bad pic, but it is the best of the bunch. I didn't use a flash because I didn't want to upset her.

Joey's favorite spot in the Kitty Room at the shelter.

Here someone is trying to encourage her to come out of the carrier. Really we were just giving her a little attention. She was so scared, poor thing. Once again blurry, no flash, sorry.

Later that day she came out and crawled into the litter box. So I took the top off, I didn't want her to develop that habbit, if I could help it. Here she is out in her new room. That is the litter box top behind her. A little less blurry, getting better.

I think this is from a couple of days later. This was her spot while she was adjusting. She was either on, behind or under that bear depending on her mood. It was so cute.

Well, that's about it. I think that both kitties are happy that they picked us.
    Last edited by CatDad; 11-12-2003 at 06:44 PM.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

You can really see how Joey gets a little more confidence with each picture

Bob was quicker in enjoying his new home.

Gorgeous cats, both of them

Great pics, and lovely cats.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

The bear looks like it is comforting Joey. . Now how about showing us pictures of their introduction to each other.

Bob looks like he's a very content cat! He's thinking "boy do I have it made!"

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Hey Bryan, you have some great pictures here! It was fun seeing them! You have more??

Loved the photos and stories

I loved the photos and both of their stories. I really think Joey found a friend in that bear, she looks so relaxed.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Loved the pictures with the narration. Looks like your little Joey has come a long way with you already. I can't believe she had been at the shelter for a year and a half - poor thing.

They are both so beautiful and fluffy I just want to snuggle up with both!

From Decker with Love

Loved the pics and stories. Thanks for sharing.

Great stories and pics! I'm so glad they picked you too, and that you found PT and decided to share their stories with us. They are adorable and I have a particular soft spot for Joey since she seems so scared and seems so much like my Peanut - who is also a scaredy cat.

Hugs and smoochies to them both!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

OK, I wanted to reply to a couple of comments.

First, thanks for enjoying the pics.

Jen, I may have some of later introductions. I need to look the first couple where kind of intense and I had other things on my mind besides Pics. I am pretty sure that I have a few, I'll look.

sirrahbed, I have hundreds of pics. I have probably bored more people that I work with with Bob and Joey pics then I care to admit However, alot of them are not realy the best. A lot of them are from too far away. They are cute, but I really did not get a good handle on taking resonable pics until about 4 or 5 months ago. I will post more however.

catlover4ever don't let Joey fool you, I got that one when I sneaked in to her room and caught her asleep. She was still one worried little baby. I will see if I can find some of her with that bear. We did not think that bear was going to last as she has the instinct to need everything, which is really just marking it. She did that alot. That bear is still around and still in one piece, she will still go say hi to it every now and again.

jazzcat I felt kind of bad for her too, but that shelter is really great and cares for there animals. Joey really was happy there and she had developed a bond with one of the people who worked there and so it was almost like she had a home.

I will try to post some more soon.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Cute Kitties!!

Great pictures! Your kitties are beautiful.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh Bryan, the pic with Joey sleeping on the bear is just tooooo adorable. Both your cats are just so beautiful.
    Also, as I'm sure you know by now, we can never get bored looking at people's beautiful kitties.
    BRING EM ON.

One thing that i've noticed is that my Mooky could be Joey and Bob's long lost brother.

What do you think?

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010