Thread: Has me baffled

Has me baffled

Does anybody's dog lick the carpet. I think Bandit is cleaning it, he thinks? Somebody reply.

My best guess is that it is a spill of some kind. Could even be something someone has brought in from outside on their shoes.

Maybe his tongue itches? hehehehheheheheheheh

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Yes, this has become Aneko's newest hobby. She does it a lot and in varying places so it's not likely a spill or anything brought in. She's just unusual.

Peka did it too. It was really weird. She would lick spots on her bed or the carpet for 30 minutes at a time.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

These rats that I was babysitting bit Roxy in the nose a while back; she bled pretty good but I cleaned it up...Ever since then, the dogs totally lick that part of the carpet.

My dogs lick carpet, also blankets. Wierdos.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I caught Millie licking the wall the other day. She doesn't usually do things like that.

I wonder why they lick carpeting? Aneko licks anything, couch, chairs, hubby's jeans.

see the responses in the above post marked need help/suggestions by (I think) robihn.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

you can try bitter orange or bitter apple by spraying it where they seem to like to lick. It will not hurt carpents fabrics or walls. It is worth a try. Licking carpets can cause serious medical problems as they lick they are getting the carpet fibers in their stomach and over a period of time can cause problems and some carpets have toxins in them that can be harmful if digested.

lol, Kito is a carpet licker too!!!
    I did figure out not too long ago, that it seemed that he was licking every time I dusted--and guess where?? Near the coffee table, near the dressers--he likes the taste of the cleaner

My mother in law's pom licks her leather couch every day, for a while--it's funny to watch!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada