Thread: New poster here

New poster here

Hi,

I just happened to land here on this site and was being nosy and saw a gal that is from my neck of the woods, Jen Luckenbach? You are in Allentown? I am right next door, Bethlehem! So unusual to see someone so close on an internet board. I see you groom cats. Do you have a business nearby? I don't get mine groomed, but my mom has to take her Oscar in every 6 weeks to get his back end hair cut. I don't know the name of the place she goes though. I actually have 6 cats of my own, 5 of which have medical problems so we don't do groomers. Vet visits are hard enough on them as we go so often. Just can't put them through anymore stress than what they already have. Especially my Julie. She has lupus and we need to keep her as stress free as possible. I also have a pancreatitis girl named Lilly. Then there is my Roger who has oxolite crystal problems and had to have his bladder tubed rerouted. Missy is my former feral (mother to Lilly and Roger) and she has a recurring herpes problem and neck lesions on her teeth. Next is Anita. Got her from the SPCA. She has a serious anxiety problem and tries to kill Roger. So, we have our house divided into 2 separate areas to keep them apart. And lastly is the newest baby boy, Benjamin Eddy. He showed up at 5 weeks of age last year and cried under my bedroom window until I figured out it was a kitten and went out and got him. Poor thing. So far, he is healthy and fit and the only one of my 6 who is normal.

Well, enough about me, what about all of you?
    Last edited by Ramona; 11-11-2003 at 07:10 PM.

Hi Ramona, Welcome to Pet Talk!!! You sure do have your hands full with your furkids. It is nice of you to join us.

My name is Meg and I'm from Connecticut. My furkids are pictured below.

Once again, Welcome.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Hi Ramona and welcome to Pet Talk!

You've got an interesting group of furbabies. I've never heard of a cat having Lupus. How does it affect her? I guess you really have your hands full. Hopefully little Benjamin Eddy will stay healthy. I think you deserve that.

I look forward to hearing more about your kitties and hopefully seeing pictures. Pictures are loved around here so please do share.

You can see my gang in my signature below. Ripley is my oldest and will be 12 in March. Jazz is almost 1 1/2 years old and I've had Scout for almost 4 months now, she is a little over a year old (we think).

Look forward to seeing you around!

From Decker with Love

Welcome neighbor! I WORK in Bethlehem, at the Clip Joint. We are one of the few shops that DO groom cats. I also foster for the rescue organization One By One out of Kutztown/Reading area. If you ever want to take a drive to Petco in Wyomissing (Reading) that is where I take my fosters to their Adoption Days event (Every other Sunday).
    You will love pet talk, MANY MANY great people and we are all pet crazy (some more than others, and I can say that because I am one of the crazies)
    My own 14 cats are seen in my signature below and right now I am housing 5 fosters.
    Wow, 5 out of 6 cats with medical problems. Where do you take them? We will be waiting to hear (and see) more about them.
    Have fun posting and reading.
    Jen

Hi Ramona!

Hi Ramona!
    Glad to have you here. Sorry to hear your kitties have so many health problems - we have only had to deal with age related ailments over the years except for one male who had bladder gravel and needed surgery for that. (like your Roger maybe? - he kept getting plugged) In fact, our very last geriatric died this past April (kidney failure) and we quickly adopted a brother/sister that the shelter was having a bit of trouble placing because they HAD to go as a pair. I had not even planned to get kittens and have never even had a kitten before, let alone TWO - but it has been fun. Glad to hear yours have a mommy who takes good care of them. That is pretty neat that you and Jen are neighbors! I think it would be great fun to actually meet someone I have come to "know" here. I am starting to learn who the kittie are and a little about the personalities of both kitties and slaves (mommies and at least one dad). Welcome!!

Hi!

Hi! *meooow, Meooow, MEOOOOOOOOW* my kitties say hi too! Welcome to the boards and im a new cat luver too soo maybe we can grow together in the boards

Hi Ramona, welcome to PT! Funny that you met someone here living so close to you!

I'm living far away, in Germany. I have two cats, Luna and Lily, you can see them in my sig!

I'm sorry to hear that 5 of your cats have health problems.

Kirsten

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Welcome to PT, Ramona. It takes a special meowmie to take care of such blessed beings. Congratulations on your lucky brood for having you as their guardian. Please post pics when you get a chance ... and, warning, this site is addictive!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Helloooo!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Pull up a chair! Take your shoes off! Tell us more about yourself and your kitties - including lots of pictures, please!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Welcome to Pet Talk, Ramona. Your kitties are lucky to have you as their meowmie. I hope that, despite their problems, they are all doing as well as they can. Please let us see more of them.
    The kitty in my signature is my three year old boy Lovable. I am a happy one-cat person (for the time being at least)
    Steffi and Lovable

Awwwwwwwwwwww

look at everyone's gorgeous babies! I love this, being able to see everyone's babies in their signature! That is so cool!

Jen, I do know the Clip Joint and I have actually donated quite a few craft items to One By One already!! I had a handwriting analysis done by the woman (I forget her name now) who runs the dog portion of it and she was right on the mark with everything she said. Weird, but cool.

Oh, and it's ok about my special needs kitties, I wanted them that way. I have a special weakness for the ones no-one else wants. Can't help but love them the most! I figure there are enough people to take the well ones, I ought to take the sick ones and it's ok, because I love them so much. My life (and my husbands life) revolves around our cats. They are the center of our universe and we like it that way. I wake up each day with a huge smile on my face, and the same silly grin is there when I drift off to sleep. And it is always because my kitties are right there with me.

Re: Awwwwwwwwwwww

Originally posted by Ramona
    look at everyone's gorgeous babies! I love this, being able to see everyone's babies in their signature! That is so cool!
    I am positive that one of our talented members would be MORE than happy to make you one.

Jen, I do know the Clip Joint and I have actually donated quite a few craft items to One By One already!! I had a handwriting analysis done by the woman (I forget her name now) who runs the dog portion of it and she was right on the mark with everything she said. Weird, but cool.

One by One does not work with dogs any more, so I am not sure who you spoke with about the signature analysis, but it sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Oh, and it's ok about my special needs kitties, I wanted them that way. I have a special weakness for the ones no-one else wants. Can't help but love them the most! I figure there are enough people to take the well ones, I ought to take the sick ones and it's ok, because I love them so much. My life (and my husbands life) revolves around our cats. They are the center of our universe and we like it that way. I wake up each day with a huge smile on my face, and the same silly grin is there when I drift off to sleep. And it is always because my kitties are right there with me.
    This part just brought tears to my eyes. HOW SWEET !!!

Welcome to PT Ramona.

From the sounds of it you will fit right in here. Loved the storties about your kitties. I am impressed that you take such good care of so many in need of care.

Hope to see you around, and if it is possible try to post some pics of your kids. It looks like you have already been told, but we love picstures and stories.

I have 2 as you can see from my sig and I need to post some more. I have been lax.

Looking forward to seeing around the boards.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Welcome to PT Ramona! You sound like such a wonderful cat mom. I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories to tell us since it sounds like you have a very interesting crew.

Welcome!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl