Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im Getting A Hamster SOON!!

Hybrid View

Im Getting A Hamster SOON!!

Me and mY mom where talking last night and I was telling her how much I wanted another hamster, and she was like if you save up your money and buy it on your own you can have one. So I have to save up all my money and buy a cage and the hamster! We already have bedding and hmster food. So hopefully a new member will be comin too PT! I have my heart set on a black bear hamster. I gotta do my research now!

This is a pic of a black bear hamster, I copyed it from www.petsmart.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats!! Yes, be sure to have seperate cages for both of them. Can't wait to see your new hamster!!

Julie

Thankyou!

I hear that the black bear is extreamy friendly and lovable. Hope you enjoy your new pet.
    Nibbles

that pic isnt actually a black bear hamster . it ia a black long haired syrian. Pet stores label hamsters with different names just to make more money when they are just a different color.. I know it is lame ..

You should get another female dwarf and house it with gracie. Syrians are solitary and cannot be housed with other hamsters.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

ps post questions on www.hamsterific.com they have alot of informative people on theat website forum .

Wow, that sounds exciting! Congrats!

I've never had a syrian hamster before, but I've heard that they are the sweetest things. Good luck with your research!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Thanks!

Is that true TM? that is strange and I can see why they would give such names. Just like the teddy bear hamster.

Congratulations! I can't wait for pictures and more info on the new little one when you get her!

Hey Thanks!!

WELCOME TO PT!

Originally posted by Amber
    Thanks!

Is that true TM? that is strange and I can see why they would give such names. Just like the teddy bear hamster.
    yes it is true, there is no such thing as a black bear hamster, or a teddy bear hamster, or a panda bear hamster, they are all syrians just different coat types. a black bear hamster is not bigger then anyother syrian and a black bear hamster has to be tammed just like every other hamster as well.

I see. Thanks!

I have a question, Do you think my animal shelter has hamsters? Because I want to get one from their and not the petstore

give them a call. or go to visit. you will most likely have to fill out an application to adopt a hamster from there. and the prices have different ranges ...

give them a call or look at www.petfinder.com

I hope you find the perfect ham ham

That hamster is not a black bear, nor a long-haired black syrian. It's a long-haired sable. Notice the distinct eye rings and the greyish tint to the coat.
    TM is correct, there are no such things as pandas, black bears, and teddies. Technically, they are black banded, blacks, and long-haired. Though, panda, black bear, and teddy bear are such popular terms that it really shouln't matter. They are actually much more known than the technical terms.
    Anyway, good luck with your little guy.

well amber if you are interested in getting a certin coat type like a sable.. then goto a breeder.