Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Boyfriend

1st Boyfriend

Hallie has a boyfriend!!!! I can't believe it! Hallie met a black pomeranian last night and they fell in love. It is her first!! Well, here is the problem, Hallie is not spaded. We don't want to breed her because we do not want her to get hurt or something. We can't spade her right now anyhow. We really don't want her to get pregnant from a differant breed of dog. They like each other so much and I don't want to keep them apart. It would ruin Hallie. And I do not want her to get pregnant. What should I do?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think you answered your own question! Keep her away from other dogs, especially males, until such time you can have her spayed. It will be better for everyone!!!

edit: Sometimes my spelling embarasses me!!
    Last edited by Logan; 11-05-2003 at 01:46 PM.

Really?

Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to upset Hallie, or maybe even break her heart. You know how it is. Pets don't understand. Even if I told her it would only be a little while, she just wouldn't understand. I just don't want to hurt her feelings.

How young is Hallie? I would just keep the dogs separated until she is old enough (I would say 6 months is good) to get spayed. Better to be safe than sorry.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by Logan
    I think you answered your own question! Keep her away from other dogs, especially males, until such time you can have her spade. It will be better for everyone!!!
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

You should have her spayed before her first heat - it reduces the chance of cancer drastically. And check with your vet - if you don't have the money right now, they may take installments instead of just one large lump sum.

Also, it seems that you are taking on a lot of the responsibility of your pets yourself. While that is admirable, a child (not putting you down, but you are young) cannot think of everything nor can you afford it, so maybe you could ask them to help out a little... just a thought.
    Last edited by Samantha Puppy; 11-05-2003 at 01:41 PM.

Re: 1st Boyfriend

Originally posted by petlover
    They like each other so much and I don't want to keep them apart. It would ruin Hallie.
    You are joking, right ?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lizbud is right. Hallie is not "in love". I can't believe I'm getting ready to say this, but "she's a dog". Dogs don't "feel" love the way humans do. Cute, but no excuse. Keep her away from her 1st boyfriend until it is safe. Responsible ownership is the key!!!!

Originally posted by Logan
    Lizbud is right. Hallie is not "in love". I can't believe I'm getting ready to say this, but "she's a dog". Dogs don't "feel" love the way humans do. Cute, but no excuse. Keep her away from her 1st boyfriend until it is safe. Responsible ownership is the key!!!!
    Very true. While Hallie may miss her new boyfriend she really only misses his companionship or her chance to play with another dog. I seriously doubt there is any "love". Mickey loves to pass by this Golden's house on my street. I don't know if "it" is a male or female but he'll cry all the time...just because he wants to play with him.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Re: Re: 1st Boyfriend

Originally posted by lizbud
    You are joking, right ?
    LOL! That too.

Uh oh.

You really don't want puppies. Puppies are not a good thing to bring into this world at this point in time! Do you know how many dogs are put to sleep in animal shelters every year? If you let your dog breed and then even one of her pups breeds, and then even one of those pups breed - pretty soon you have an awful lot of poor little homeless doggies out there.

You have to be EXTREMELY careful! I know of a female dog who got pregnant THROUGH THE CHAINLINK FENCE! When they want to get together, dogs can be extremely creative!

If it's a $ issue, call your local animal shelter. They might be able to point out some inexpensive places to have her spayed, or give you a coupon or something.

The damage which would be done by letting her get in contact with an unaltered male would be much greater than any damage of not allowing her to play with him!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Re: Really?

Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to upset Hallie, or maybe even break her heart. You know how it is. Pets don't understand. Even if I told her it would only be a little while, she just wouldn't understand. I just don't want to hurt her feelings.
    You can't be serious.

Re: Re: Really?

Originally posted by 2kitties
    You can't be serious.
    Give her a break and explain nicely instead of posting something like that She's young and does believe what she said. Just like we all believe certain things when we're younger until we learn otherwise.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

As soon as she is old enough, you should have her spayed, its cute when you see pets liking one another, and those puppies they can produce are even cutier, but the responsible thing to do is spay her as soon as possible, good luck.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Well, Hallie is 4 years old. It is not that we do not have the money, it is just that we don't have the money for all 5! We have 5 dogs that need to be spaded we want to take more than 1 in a a time. The 2 main reasons why I don't want her prenant is because some animals lose their life while giving birth and there just aren't enough homes for them all. The last thing the world needs right now are more puppies. Thanks for the info otherwise. I have to go groom Hallie.

Well, Hallie is 4 years old. It is not that we do not have the money, it is just that we don't have the money for all 5! We have 5 dogs that need to be spaded we want to take more than 1 in a a time. The 2 main reasons why I don't want her prenant is because some animals lose their life while giving birth and there just aren't enough homes for them all. The last thing the world needs right now are more puppies. Thanks for the info otherwise. I have to go groom Hallie.
    I do not mean to be harsh towards you by anymeans (!!)....

Why did you get the 2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th dog before the first one was spayed/neutered? When you buy dogs you have to take into account the price of getting them neutered/spayed. You shouldn't "stack up" a bunch of dogs, and wait until you get enough money to neuter/spay them. Rather, you should save up the money, then get the dog, then get it spayed/neutered right away-if it is old enough.

(That was just a question that popped into my head, so I thought I would ask. )
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb