Thread: Mammary gland tumor

Mammary gland tumor

My vet just took away a 2 cm mammary gland cancerous tumor from my 6 yrs old female cat. She gave my Poupette a 3 years remission. Anyone has a similar experience? Even if I am realistic about it, ever heard about a surgery that was 100% successful, e.g. that your cat was totally cured? Are the 3 years realistic? Thanks!

I have no advice but wanted to wish you & Poupette all the luck in the world

Also Welcome to Pet Talk

I have nothing to offer but prayers and best wishes and they are on the way!

Thanks, PayItForward and Catcrazylady, for your best wishes! Poupette is in great shape for now, and I'll try to enjoy my time with her as much as I can.

Attached Images Attached Images  

She is BEAUTIFUL! Miracles do happen and I pray that you have many years left with your beautiful girl.

Poupette is beautiful. I hope that she remains in good condition for many years. Please let us see more of her and of the beautiful gray kitty on your website too.
    Steffi and Lovable

Thanks Steffi N! Yes, I should put new pictures of Poupette and Grisouille, I will during the holidays!

I got more good news from the vet today, and Poupette may live for more than 3 years because the tumor was very small and not really aggressive, and it is not rare to see cats live for 10 years with proper care and regular visits to the vet. For those who may read this, the size of the tumor is very important: when it is less that 3 cm, the prognostic is good; if the tumor would have been more than 3 cm, we could not have hoped for more than a 6 months prognostic. So if a lump is getting bigger, ask your vet to check it as soon as you can. At first, my Poupette's lump was like a pea, and in 2 months, it became like the tip of a thumb.

Agin, thank you all for your beast wishes, they worked!

Thank you for sharing this good news. Pets for you Poupette.
    Steffi and Lovable

OH WOW! What a misprint or Freudian slip I wrote in my last post: "beast wishes"! Of course, you read best .

Steffi N: your cats in the window by the green sea of trees and grass are quite a site!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm so glad to read that your Poupette is doing well and will continue to do so. She is so adorable.

Welcome to Pet Talk and looking forward to seeing more pics of Poupette and Grisouille.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010