Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello >^..^<

Hello >^..^<

Welcome
    You joined in July, but have never posted.

How about telling us about your cats.

(Not exactly sure how to pronounce your name.

Guess I can no longer lurk -

Have enjoyed reading about all the exploits, trials and tribulations - but never seem to have enough time to contribute - maybe a good New Year's resolution?

I first discovered this site when one of my cats became very ill and I was searching all over for info about IBD. Good news/good news - my cat is back in excellent health, and I discovered a great forum to boot!

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach my jpgs, so pics will have to come later - but I'm the proud servant of 4 fine female felines - all rescues. My poor husband remains the sole male in the household ....

We all live in Toronto Canada, where we're gearing up for the cold winter months - all kitties are currently retired against the heat registers (until we warm the bed up for them)

Any advice on attaching my pics would be appreciated - I know you like to see pics!!!

Thanks for the welcome Freckles

And my name is pronounced, "Lynn"

Welcome Lynn!

After you type a post, there is an option at the bottom to attach a file. Just push the browse button to find the pic on your HD. Let me know if I should give you more detailed instructions Can't wait for the pics!!!!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I did attempt the browse button on my first post,

let's try it again.....

Can you see Jessie?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

First of all, Welcome to Pet Talk!

As for the kitty picture, Beautiful baby!!! Can't wait to see more pictures of her and your other kitties!!!
    ~Chelsea~

Well, 2nd time's a charm!

Now I can blather on like a proud parent, with pics to boot!

Again, here's Jessie - our first rescued little girl at the age of 8 weeks - she's now the matriarch of the mansion at the tender age of 11 (hope she doesn't see this).

She's the only cat that I know that will not jump - the highest I've ever seen her leap is onto the bed, and even then it's after several attempts - although she makes it appear that she's just stretching up to see if the coast is clear!

Her nickname is Jessie-bean, cuz when she wanders into any room, the question always asked is "Where's our little Jessie been?" She also responds nicely to the name "TUUNNAA".

Our second rescue was Indy - we adopted her from the Human Society when both she and Jessie were 5 months old -

She's been a great sister to Jessie for the past 11 years, and has been my permanent shadow - she is constantly by my side, under my feet, on my lap, hogging my side of the bed -

Next came Sydney - born under a neighbour's porch 9 years ago.

She definitely has tortitude - and is daddy's little girl. From day one she has always looked to see if I'm watching her nuzzle up to dad, and purrs louder to get my attention if I'm not ....

Sydney became very ill during the summer of 2002 with what was eventually diagnosed at Inflammatory Bowel Disorder - she underwent 2 operations, a feeding tube and almost 2 months of constant vet care - but we like to think of it as her college tuition .... she's now healthy and happy and has hubby wrapped even tighter around her little paw

This picture was taken the day we brought her home from the vet for the final time

And last but not least is our little miss Emily.

Found by the side of a busy industrial street at the tender age of 5 weeks, shortly after 9/11 - it was fate.

She is a constant joy and has the most personality of any cat I know - she talks all day long and is in constant motion, drools when content and eats like a horse.

I could go on and on, and I will - but some other time.

MUST GO TO BED

Thanks for indulging, and if you want pics, pics you shall have!

Lynn >^..^<

Hi Lynne and welcome to Pet Talk! You'll just love it here, and I'm sure you already know of everyone's addiction to seeing pictures! We always want more, more, more!

The pictures of your babies are just breathtaking! I love closeups! I especially liked the picture of Indy. I couldn't believe how well the eyes matched the leaves and the grass! How cute! Rescued animals make the best pets, don't they? You can see my 3 kitty babies below in my signature and I also have 1 little doxie mix dog that is a recent addition.

Again, welcome aboard!

**hugs**

Hi Lynn and Welcome! Your babies are beautiful and what marvelous pictures. I wish you could come take some pictures of my gang. Please, show more!
    Last edited by jazzcat; 11-08-2003 at 10:25 AM.

From Decker with Love

Welcome to Pet Talk Lynn. All of your furkids are gorgeous. Do they all get along? I look forward to hearing more about them and hopefully seeing more pics of them too. I'm owned by 4 male cats which you can see in my signature.

What lovely girls! Your Jessie reminds me of my Livvy. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing/hearing more of your furkids.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Welcome to PT. Lynn! Glad Freckles enticed you to post.

Your cats are beautiful, I'm looking forward to hear more about them and see pics.

You'll soon get addicted.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Your cats are beautiful and the pictures are fantastic!
    What kind of camera are you using?

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!