Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Luck, Buddy

Good Luck, Buddy

Good luck, Buddy!!!! I hope your cruciate ligament rupture surgery goes well. We'll be thinking about you and liz. Let us know how it goes!!! Prayers are coming your way today.
    Sue, Killian and Shiloh

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Hi Buddy this is Graham. My mamma tells me that you get the kroosheet leg mint surgery tomorrow. There was this other doggie at the doggie playground who had that same surgery done on her leg and she was limping for awhile but she came back after a coupla months and she was lookin and feelin reely good. I wanted to tell you to be brave, and also be pashent, it will be ouchie for awhile but less ouchie then it is right now. Everyday you will feel a lil bit better and pretty soon you will be feeling good and you will be able to run again. Something my mamma does for me evertime I have to go to the hospital and she has to leave me there is she puts a blankie or a sweatshirt that has her smell all over it and I could lay my head down on it and inhale really big and I felt better because I felt my mommie right there with me. It might be skary but the docters will take good care of you. Good luck, Buddy.
    Your friend, Graham.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

Good luck Buddy, I'm sure you will feel a whole lot better when this is over and you are back to your ole self.
    Jackie

Bestest wishes that you'll be feelin reel good soon, and runnin and playin like crazy! Love, Star

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Any news on Buddy yet? Hope all went well.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Well i finally got the callback form the Vet Hospital...
    It seems Bud had two problems.
    #1 Cruciate ligiment tear
    #2 Luxated Patella (dislocated kneecap)
    Doc thinks it's likely that the second
    problem caused the first.It seems a dog can
    have Luxating Patella problem with only
    a slight limp as the only outward sign.

Was told that Buddy's surgery went fine
    and that he can come home tomorrow. YEA!!!
    P.S. Buddy promtly announced his approval of
    the vet hospital by takeing a Huge Dump in
    the reception area...

THANK YOU EVERYBODY for your kind thoughts
    and prayers.i feel like i have an extended
    family 'out there'.It helps and i love you all!!!!!!!!
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That's great news! Get well soon, Buddy.

Glad it's over and it went well! Now comes the hard part, keeping him off his leg and keeping the bandage on!! Hang in there and please keep up posted. Hooray, Buddy!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

We are so happy things turned out well, here is a Get Well wish for Buddy from Miss Daisy, Perry and me.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

Yay Buddy! I am glad it all went good for ya. In no time you will be back to your old self again! How wonderful!

Lizbud, I know you are facing a long recovery with Buddy. Keeping those guys confined is not easy, especially when they start feeling better! I have several friends who have gone through recent hip and "knee" surgeries with their Golden Retrievers. They have secured very large kennels to keep their dogs in, so they don't move around too much, plus they take them out to potty with a towel wrapped around them to keep them from putting too much pressure on the bad leg. Are you going to have to do that?

I'm so glad that Buddy is on his way to recovery now. Good luck to you with the recuperation. He'll need LOTS of toys and love!! But I'll be he will be better in no time!

Logan

I'm glad the surgery turned out okay. Now comes the recovery. Good luck with that. Buddy, listen to your mommy. She's not trying to be mean by not letting you run and play. She's just protecting you.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Hey BudMan ~ Smokey here ~

Ya home yet? Glad everything got "fixed" OK. Member - the more ya limp an akt "pained", the more treats and *skritchez* you'll get !

Tell me all about it when ya getz a minnit - I gotz a "trick kneebone" too, an Dad watchez me like a hawk! Iffin mine getz any worser he might take me in for the Sir Jury guy that werkz at Doc Mike's White Coat Lab ta "fix". I try not to limp much when Dad's watchin!!

Tell yer Mom extree treats will make you better kwikker!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh, Buddy, I am so glad that is over and that you will now be on the road to recovery. We was thinking abut you all day yesterday. Now you get to be at home and mom can spend all day taking care of you, helping you get up and lay back down and get around and bringing you special treats for being such a good boy. A nice massage would probably help as well as you won't be getting much exercise. Don't feel too bad about what happened in the reception area. Those places can scare the poopies out of you!

Keep your tail up, Buddy, and tell mom to post some pictures of you recouperating.

How ya doin' today, Buddy-Boy?? Hope you're feelin better. Hey, when that leg starts to itch, don't pull off the bandages like Mom said Avalanche did. They told her to put cayenne pepper on the bandage to stop her from pullin it off. HAH!! She ended up liking it and chewed up the bandage and had to be rewrapped!!! Silly girl. Good luck to you and relax!!!!!!
    Killian
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue