Thread: Litterbox Love

Litterbox Love

litter box love- that's at least a start for affection from Sammy so I suppose I should be grateful!
    Awhile back, I wrote about how my Sammy who is 16 months old.
    Just wasn't nearly as lovey as he used to be. He will run off when I would go to pet him, or jump out of my arms when I would scoop him up for kisses. (I had affectionatley called Sammy "Mr. Moody pants.) I was told that his behavior was normal for his age. Well, he pretty much acts like that except for his newly found love session with mom.
    I keep the litter boxes in my bathroom, while I am -well, using the facilities, Sammy gets into this extremley extra lovey mood, and rolls all around-(which is difficult,because my bathroom is really small!) he rolls over my feet,and purrs, and chats to me, rubs his face on my legs. It is really weird, and funny! But as soon as we get out of the bathroom, he acts like he doesn't know me again!
    What a crazy boy!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    LOL! You're not alone! My Mishi does that too ... They're sometimes strange and weird, but we love them anyway!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

lap time in the loo

My Julie (The Calico Princess) has found that my lap while I am using the facilities gives her the best lap time there is! I don't know why. That is when she really wants to sit on my lap and be cuddled and purr. I don't mind it, but I do think it's pretty funny! Whenever I sit down in the bathroom, she scurries in right away, meowing, and then jumps up on my lap. I usually stay there with her for a few minutes, even if I have finished my business...but when I make a move that it's time to go, sometimes Julie will go over to the bathtub rail and crane her neck under the bathtub spigot and drink the water! Such a creature of peculiar habits...
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

This is a common occurence in our house. We call it "Potty Lovin" The bad part is that there are three that have to have Potty Lovin" everytime you go in there! And of course, you can't shut them out!!! I just know the world will come to an end from the racket that goes on outside that door if you close it!!! My husband gets more kitty lovin when he is on the throne than he does any other time!!

Gotta love em!

I thought that I was the only one with cats like this. Mine love to come and get their pets and belly rubs while I'm using the toilet. Sometimes all 4 of them try to come in which barely leaves room for me. My main bathroom buddies are Cirrus and Sunny though.

Bob and Joey both do that also. I thought that I just had strange cats.

Whenever we are in the bathroom one or on rare occaisions both will come to say hi. They are not quite as lovely as some that are described, but I still think it is strange. However, I still love them.

Anyway, I wonder what they do that?
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by CatDad
    Anyway, I wonder what they do that?
    They've discovered that they have a <ahem> captive audience.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I have Winky 14yr tux) and Merlin(springer) when I'm there too.
    Cat crazy - I have to know how and why Pervy was named, if you can (rember this is a family place. you can pm me if need be. Just curious

One of Angel's littermates, Riley, used to run into the bathroom and jump into my lap when I was seated there. One day he ran in and jumped after I'd lifted the lid but before I sat down. I'm not sure whether he was more upset by getting wet or by me laughing at him.

Originally posted by RedHedd
    They've discovered that they have a <ahem> captive audience.
    LOL

I am pretty sure that you are right.
    Bob & Joey,

LOL!! Corrina it never occured to me that how Pervy got her name just might not be acceptable for family!! I cracked up!! She got her name way before we knew she was a female for sure. When they were feral kittens and I would go to feed them she would run and hide. Pete and Pepper would stay some distance from me but at least they would stay on the porch. She didn't even want me to look at her!! Thus she became known as Nervous Pervous! Over time it just became Pervy and it never occurred to me that it get be short for pervert!!! That is so funny!!
    She knows her name so we are stuck now because I have often thought about changing it to some sweet girly name to match her personality. She and I were discussing the name Daisy last night before I read this! I doubt that she would understand a name change so I guess Pervy it is!!!

Yup, count Miz Ritz among the "bathroom lovers"
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Butterscotch whether it's daytime or nightime finds his way to the bathroom for a head rub Dad won't let them in to bathroom only when he is showering. Mom on the other hand lets them in anytime.

Thumper loves shower time, she sits on the closed potty lid and waits for you to finish.

THIS is too funny! I never gave it much thought ...but YES, this is probably when I get the most lovey dovey time! I am NEVER alone in the bathroom. If I accidentally close the door all the way, they both let me know it. I will usually have one on my lap and the other wrapped around my feet. I thought they were just a little odd but sounds like they are pretty typical!! This is FUNNY!!! Too bad I can't post any pictures

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    Too bad I can't post any pictures
    ROFL!!!

In my case that is would be a very good thing.
    Bob & Joey,