Okay-this probably doesn't concern a lot of you cause you either don't own a breed on the list or you are too young to own a home of your own, but how many of you have had problems getting good home owners insurance? Which black-balled breeds do you own?
I Noticed Anna66 you own 3 of those breeds-husky, chow and rottie. I own mixes on that list. Tyr is Chow,husky and wolf (3 breeds on that list) and Ginger is Shar-Pei, Rottie, and Shepherd (only 1 breed) I could lie about Ginger-but Tyr-it's too obvious. I don't know if they would actually check it or not...
Just for those who don't know-there is a list-it varies slightly-but the majority of insurance companies will not give you insurance if you own a dog that is either a mix of or a pure-bred on that list. Allstate is one of the worst with the longest list (9 breeds last year)
The list is basically as follows:
Doberman
Rottie
Husky
Chow
Pitt
Wolf-Hybrid
Akita
(i can't remember the name-that breed that attacked and killed that woman in California a couple years ago)

like I said it varies slightly-some have other breeds-but these seem to be the most common
(personally I am appauled that husky is on there!)
Anyway-what insurance do you use and/or how do you get around it-do you outright lie?