Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Bourbon's Eye is Swelling Again

Hi Bourbon...Just checking in to see how you're doing sweet boy. I know your vet appt. is coming up soon. Hope your eye is not making you too uncomfortable until then. And, how's your tummy doing? Prayers are on there way to sweet Bourbon from Sandra, Cody and Star! And lots of love too, of course!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

It is with a very heavy heart that I tell you that I had to send Bourbon to the Bridge on Thursday afternoon, 10/11/2001. He had a seizure early Tuesday morning which left his left side stiff and paralyzed. He rallied on Wednesday, sitting up and eating. But on Thurday, I knew it was time. I spent every minute with him. I miss him so much. I am in a deep, dark place right now.

Oh, Pepper, I am so very sorry about Bourbon. Your heart is breaking and we all grieving for you.

What a wonderful life you gave that boy. He knew he was loved, and that is so important.

Please know that my prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Logan

Oh Pepper, what can we say, we took Bourbon to our heart and loved him so much. You were so good to him and made his last days as happy and comfortable as you could and I'm sure he knew that. There is not much one can say to ease the pain, but please know that we are all here for you whenever you feel like talking. He is now at the Rainbow Bridge, happy and whole again playing with all our beloved animals who went before him.
    I'm sure they know him and are showing him the way. Again, I am so sorry.
    Jackie, Daisy and Perry

Oh, Pepper, That is exactly what happened with my Bailey with the lump which grew near her eye and nose. She went into a seizure, so I had feared that might be what would happen with Bourbon. This has been a hard ordeal for me to follow as it has taken me back five years to when this all happened to Bailey. I know the place you are in right now. I didn't think I could survive losing Bailey but after seeing her suffer so, I found that part was actually worse than the ultimate loss. Please feel free to talk about your feelings here or through an email as you are not only with people who understand, but who care so much. At the time I lost Bailey, I didn't have Pet Talk. I called a Veterinary Grief support line, I wrote letters to my relatives who I am sure didn't comprehend, but I wrote them anyway, and I called people who had known Bailey and cried as I told them what had happened. I don't know if I used much discretion, but it was what I needed to do at the time, and I did it.

Good-bye dear sweet Bourbon. You tried so hard to fight and endure. It wasn't your fault that you couldn't stay longer with your Mom. We knew how much you loved her or you wouldn't have tried so hard. And you knew how much she loves you and will continue to love you. But it is okay now, you don't have to hurt and try any more. We are going to take care of your Mom. We promise. Now you can run and jump and play just like you did when you were a pup. Go find Bailey and Tizzie, they are black cockapoos. They have been there at the Bridge for a few years, so they will show you around. You all wait at the Bridge like good dogs.

It is so wonderful to have people who understand what I'm going through. My boyfriend asks what he can do and I say "nothing". He doesn't understand why I walk around like a zombie, because if I don't, then all I do is cry. I hope we make it through this. I envy a couple who are both animal lovers.

I don't know if I've told you that in March of this year I lost a very good friend of mine to melanoma. Then on April 2, my Buster Brown who just turned 16 went to the Bridge on his own. And now Bourbon. I told my boyfriend, when Bourbon got sick, that I wanted to get a puppy if anything happened to Bourbon. After I sent my beloved Pepper to the Bridge right about this time 13 years ago, from cancer too, I found Bourbon and brought him home a week before Thanksgiving. Maybe that is why we had the bond we had, I don't know. I'm just babbling.

Pepper
    Last March after a year of chronic asthma, I had to send my Jessee to Rainbow Bridge. I had her for 12 years and she brought so much happiness to me. She saw me through a whole bunch of stuff in my life, the death of my dad and so much other stuff. I miss her so dearly and I have so many wonderful memories. Yes, I too, even though I had other cats walked around like a zombie for quite a while. Soon wonderful memories of your sweet Bourbon will come up which will be of comfort to you. Till then take care - I'll be thinking of you.

Link to new thread included below...

Dear Pepper ~ I'm so sorry you had to make the decision to ask dear Bourbon to wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge. You both battled his illness with determination and courage. Always remember the happy times and joy that you shared with him.

I took the liberty of opening the topic "Pepper's dear Bourbon crosses Raindow Bridge..." to be sure that all you Friends at Pet Talk had a place to offer you their sympathy and support. Please visit to know that we all share you grief at the loss of Bourbon.

I'd also like to remind all of our Pet Talkers that tonight, Monday, is the evening that Pet Lovers throughout the world light Candles to remember all our sick and departed FurKids; now including Bourbon. Visit the PetLoss.com / Rainbow Bridge site to learn about "The Monday Pet Loss Candle Ceremony". Scroll down about 4 screens to see the Candle Ceremony section.

Pepper ~ our Candle tonight will be in memory of your dear Bourbon. May he rest in Peace at the Bridge, knowing his that Mom will join him at a later Time.
    Last edited by Cinder & Smoke; 01-29-2002 at 11:32 AM.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Pepper, you will make it through, it's not very easy but you have shown how strong you are in loving and caring for Bourbon. Some people just don't understand the bond that develops between people and dogs or cats or whatever a person loves. I think sometimes it's stronger than a person to person bond.
    Right now it's so painful to think about, but as Purrley says eventually you will think about Bourbon and remember all the wonderful times you had together.
    We lost our very first Schnauzer, Kona who was 15 last October. We had to take her to the Vet and put her to sleep and I didn't think I would ever get over it. Everytime I saw another dog I would cry, eventually we started to remember the funny things she would do and we would laugh and how she loved to play. After grieving for a period of time, you will remember Bourbon for the fun things he did and probably how he loved to eat or play. Just give yourself some time.
    Jackie

Pepper, I only just read about sweet Bourbon. He was such a beautiful and brave boy, my heart really goes out to you. I know what you're going through, I went through the same thing again only recently with my cat Gigio and I know how much it hurts. In time you will be able to remember the nice times without wanting to hide from everything and cry your eyes out, in the meantime take care of yourself and remember we are all here for you. You and Bourbon are in my thoughts.
    Gio

Pepper writes...

"I wrote a response at Pet Talk and it didn't post and now I'm having trouble even getting the site open. Please let everyone know I'm hanging in there and I appreciate all of their cards and thoughts? I'll try to get on again tomorrow. I only have the internet at work."

/s/ Diane (aka Pepper, Bourbon's Mom)