Thread: Weird thing on Lindy's Skin

Weird thing on Lindy's Skin

I few weeks ago while petting Lindy's tummy I noticed a weird bump on her tummy. I watched it for a few days, and took her harness off. The first one got better, but near it another one appeared. This one is redder, and bigger. The hair around started to come off. Does anyone know what it is?

Last winter my Golden girl had something similar to what you found in Lindy's tummy.
    I took her to the vet and she had to have emergency surgery because it was growing so fast and I was in a panic The vet found out that the reason for the inflamation was a hair folicle infection. I don't know that it's the same problem, the only one that can tell you is the veterinarian. Best wishes for Lindy's quick recovery from whatever she has.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Exactly what I was thinking, Albea! Yes, do get it checked out asap. It may get infected if left untreated Hugs to Lindy!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Please let us know what you find out.
    Hugs to Lindy too.

----<---<--<{(@

Felice just had the same thing. My vet said that she was allergic to something that her tummy touched. It was pretty easy to cure. I just had to shampoo her tummy once a day and spray on a antibacterial cortisone spray. It went away in about 3-5 days. Hope this helps

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Lindy's mom:
    Did you ever find out what the problems was with Lindy's skin? If you did, please let us know.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I started washing her belly everyday, and her harness has stayed off. The first one is totally gone, and the second one hasn't grown or anything. I'm keeping a eye on it. If it starts to get bigger, she is going straight to the vet.

I would urge you to take Lindy to the vet and let them check it out even if it gets no worse. There are many things that it could be and several of the possibilities will need medical treatment. It may be a small allergic reaction or sting that needs nothing more done but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you for letting us know how Lindy is doing. I hope the problem will go away and if not, as Carrie said, a trip to the vet will seem in order.
    Best wishes and big hug to Lindy from us.
    Alicia and Carina