Thread: Stiffness

Stiffness

My 7 year old dog runs the fence and after he gets really stiff. I feel so sorry for him we just can't get him to stop he got our other dog to run the fence. The vet gave us some pills for his stiffness but they don't work What should i do?!?!?!?!?!

Hi. My dog also gets stiff. Rather than giving her steroids, my vet has me give her tri-buffered aspirin. She is older and has arthritis that flares up with alot of activity, cold weather, etc. It has to be tri-buffered and the amount depends on the weight of the dog. Good Luck!

Giving a cod liver oil capsule two or three times a week may also help joint stiffness.

I know that drsfostersmith.com has some great products for older arthritic dogs. They have aspirin and glucosomine tablets.
    They are a great source for pet supplies.

I just recently found this site and was reading back questions. I have an older dog, at least 12, and she has a back leg that gets extremely stiff in the cold, which it is now. I feel so bad for her, , and was wondering how much of the tri-buffered aspirin to try (Kim's suggestion) or the cod liver capsules (I think that was Carrie's)?
    The steroid shot hasn't helped much and the pills don't do much either, not that I can tell anyway. Any help for her would be greatly appreciated!