Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Sara

Baby Sara

It's getting down to the wire now when Baby Sara will be brought back to the shelter and put up for adoption.

Right now I'm at my desk thinking about it. She's 9 weeks old and ready for adoption. As I think about her going from a small bedroom where she can run around, to a small cage with other kittens, it just sickens me to have to bring her there. I keep trying to tell myself that it's for the better because she'll have more exposure to people looking for a new kitty. She will also have other kittens to play with while she's there.

I guess what I'm trying to do is convince myself that it's OKAY to bring her to the shelter to be put up for adoption. I mean afterall, if she stays with me, prospective adoptees won't get to see how cute and cuddly she is, right?? I absolutely, positively CANNOT keep her!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    ....if she stays with me, prospective adoptees won't get to see how cute and cuddly she is, right??
    You are so right

She is such a sweetie, I'm sure she'll be rehomed very quickly.

It must be so hard to let them go but she is moving onto her furever home to leave you with a free foster space to help another kitty.

Thinking of you & Sara, take some good photos before she goes.

Jenny is so right, Donna. I know it's hard, but you need to let her go for more reasons than one. You said yourself you cannot keep her, and she will get adopted soon, and she will have others to play with which will make up for being in the cage, and she'll live a long and happy life in her new furrever home - all thanks to you for allowing yourself to think of her long term best interests. The longer you keep her, the longer it's going to take to get her adopted, and the more attached you're going to get to her. And on top of all this, like Jenny says, it frees up a spot in your home for a new foster, which I'm sure will be along in no time.

Be strong, give her lots of cuddles before she goes, but know you are doing what's best for her.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Well, thanks to you guys, rather than wait till Saturday, I'm going to bring her to the shelter tonight after work. I know Sydney won't mind. She's been cooped up with Sara for over 6 weeks now and definitely needs a break. My heart hurts a little, but I KNOW it's for the best.

I promise to take pictures before she leaves.

Thanks guys! As always...YOU ROCK~!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Best of luck, Baby Sara. I just know that you will find a great home. Try and remember your 1st mommy, OK?

Hey Donna ~

How about doing a Write-Up of Sara's stay with you?

List some of her Habits, Likes, Dislikes...
    Sort of Tell Her Story.

Then ask the Shelter Folks to be sure to let everyone who is Kitty Shopping *READ* your paper...

Kittens & Dogs that have been in Foster Homes often come with a "Story" written by the Foster Mom.

And if you're willing - allow the Shelter to give your phone number or e-mail address to anyone who is considering adopting Sara...

These ideas might help Sara get adopted a lil bit quicker than a Kitty with no referral.

GOOD LUCK SARA!!
    Make your Foster Mom Proud - Grab a *NICE* FurEver Home!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I so admire those of you who are able to do this! I know in my heart that I can't because I could never let them go. Especially the babies!! You have a lot of strength and have given her lots of love. What a wonderful start for her to adjust to a new family! You are willing to put her needs first and I know that special blessings are on the way to you! It's a wonderful thing that you do. I'm certain that she will find a wonderful home and family.

Donna,

I went through what you this not to long ago and although I knew it was the right thing to do I cried all the way. I had to give up a stray mom (Molly) and her two babies. I brought them to a nonkill shelter.

A good thing happened...all were apparently adopted right away. Brought them in on a Thursday afternoon and they were gone Friday (didn't make it to picture day on the shelter website).

You were a good mommy and now they are ready for their forever home

Well, Baby Sara is in the nursery at the shelter with a new friend named "Katie", a Russian Blue mix. She's going to be fine since my friend Cathy is the Vet Tech who runs the nursery. I'll be visiting Baby Sara on Saturday and will take pictures of her and her new friend.

In the meantime, Sydney is out and about. It's been pretty quiet here. Given that there's no bloodshed, just a bunch of hissing and growling, I'm not worried. I think she's relieved that she's not cooped up anymore.

I'll keep ya posted.

Hugs to you Donna. I'm sure she will find a wonderful furrever home soon.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm sure baby Sara will find a great loving forever home very soon. I'm also glad to hear that Sydney is now able to have the run of your household. I'm sure she'll fit in with your furkids just fine.

The first night went very well. Sydney slept in my arms all night, growling (it was a strange growl, sort of deep but ending "perky", if you know what I mean). She's now back in her room since I can't be there to supervise them. She seemed a bit overwhelmed by everyone but knew I was watching out for her.

So, it looks like I'm up to 9 cats now and definitely HOLDING!!! She'll be spayed in about 3 weeks.

I know it was hard to let her go, but it was the best thing to do Donna. Can't wait to see pics of Sara and her friend.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Great job, Donna. Baby Sara is on her way to a new and loving home soon!!! THANKS TO YOU!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by moosmom
    So, it looks like I'm up to 9 cats now and definitely HOLDING!!! She'll be spayed in about 3 weeks.
    LOL...Snort...Still in single figures eh (Just )