Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart Disease in GSD

After reading all these heart breaking stories, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I am sorry for each of your losses.I remember all our dogs that are now at the 'Bridge too. None of direct heart disease. Our first dog ('74 to '83) died of chronic pancreatitis, very suddenly one Sunday afternoon. He had come to every family member that morning, put his head in everyone's lap and gazed up lovingly up at us. In hindsight, he was saying goodbye to us, because 6 hours later he had passed away. I am crying now as I remember it......

Oh dogncatluvr, I'm crying for you now. What a beautiful thing your dog did for you. Please remember he was telling you he loved you. I know it is sometimes hard to hold onto, but the thought of all of them waiting for us has to be our strength till then. I know my Jing is there playing with your doggie and sharing "My Mom".....stories. We all know how hard it is to lose our babies. We all feel each others pain. Please feel my hugs for you.

Dont know what to say? Very touching stories and I am sure we all feel the same way reading them. Our dogs are probably in Doggie Heavan now talking about their owners!!!! Ok....maybe not, but you never know, and I had to say something to cheer the place. By the way, Sudilar, Moutro was "adopted" and at least I know I gave him the best life for 11 years. This is true, we should try and save a life.

Tatsxxx11,

Thank you for the hugs. I needed them for a bit there. I couldn't go on with the rest of the dogs after that. We still talk about Kees doing that for us. They are fond memories. The other dogs, Nellie (a stray Lab/GSD X found by the neighbors as a 3 month old pup in a college parking lot...she found her forever home with us), Kelsey and Dana all passed away from cancer. Each has their own beautiful, heart breaking story. We loved each of these dogs so much that we couldn't be without dogs to fill the huge void they left when they passed away. So we have always had multiple dogs in our family. It does ease the pain somewhat to have another dog that needs you after you've helped one over the 'Bridge.

DogNCatLuvr

Dogs would not have a chance if it wasnt for the owners giving them a chance to develop into "social beings". Dogs would be stray, hungry, vicious, and ferral. Dogs have a limited lifespan to allow several dogs to experience this chance with experienced, caring and committed people like yourself. I just thought of this perspective now - but it makes sense to me. Its kinda like dogs are loyal to another and allow eachother to share the chance around.

Wow. Before Cody was a twinkle in my eye, my aunt told us the story of how her poodle mix (a great dog) went over to her one evening while she was doing dishes & nudged her leg. My aunt leaned down, got a klss, and told the dog to go downstairs to sit with my uncle. Dog goes down, nudges my uncle's leg. laid next to him with paw on shoe and passes away. We ALL cried at the wisdom of Gigi saying her goodbyes. We weren't even dog savvy at the time and knew what she did. It's over 10 yrs and my aunt still talks about it and cries. God! all your stories make me cry! Cody is my 1st dog and I honestly don't know what I'll do when he crosses over Rainbow Bridge. Such an intricate part of my life 24/7. All I know is that I am so glad and honored that I have all of you for support cause Lord knows I'll need it. I love you guys.!!