Thread: Having a Problem, Help!

Having a Problem, Help!

Daisy, my flat Coated retriever, keeps backwards sneezing, like, she can't sneeze normally. I know how to stop it temporarily, but, the next day it will start up again. Is there like medicine they can take or something? Her heart starts racing and everything, she comes running to me for help.

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!

I have heard of backward sneezing, but thankfully, none of my dogs do it. I think your only answer is to check with your vet, although I'm not sure if there is anything you can do. Good luck!!

Have we seen a picture of your Daisy? If you posted one, I must have missed it. I love those Flat Coat Retrievers.....sort of like a black Golden. We refer to them as "Boldens". I've never seen one in person, but I sure would love to. I'm assuming that personality and size wise, they are similar to a Golden Retriever or a Lab.

Hugs to Daisy!

Logan

I don’t know of anything that can be done for it. Chester does it and my Westie did it. They look so distressed when it’s happening. I feel so bad for Ches, and I think about how scared he must get when I’m not there and it happens.

Klo reversed sneezed for almost 2 weeks when I got her. The vet wasn't the least bit concerned..nothing will happen, tho it looks awful. I rubbed her throat and comforted her, but apparently, it's not serious. I think it was allergies or distresss. She had never been in a grassy yard, the house and we were strange, odors were different, She stopped as quickly as it began and hasn't done it since. It's enough to make you have a panic attack, huh? It was really scary!

I've been Boooo'd!

Yeah, it's really scary, I thought she might, you know, stop breathing or something. She gets really scared and her heart starts racing, like miki76 said, I'm scared to think about what she's doing when I'm not here and it happens.

I would put pictures of her, but, I don't know how and I don't have a digital camera, can you do it another way?

My Daisy did the "reverse sneezing" when she was younger. We took her to the vet, and he to just keep an eye on her. If she continued, to bring her back. She hasn't done it since.

It sounds like it's reverse sneezing. Kai did that ALOT when he was a pup. He actually did it a few days ago. The vet said it's normally nothing to worry about but at the very odd times, it'll be caused by something small lodged in somewhere that the dog's trying to clear. I'd just keep an eye on it until you can ask the vet.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Thanks everybody for the help! I was kinda worried about her ya know?? I didn't want to come home to a dead dog!