Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please read, and please don't get mad at me:(:(:(...

I know how you feel , as the last two Male Cats taht have come to the Hotel , had to be relcated , thank God , to good homes , as my cats , paticularly the Big Toms kept attacking them. Roscoe and Scrappy Doo , have to be the Boos Cat , but then so do Moose , Michael , Sam and BJ.The sad part is that she needs to be a solo cat , that has the run of the house , and we are praying fo her.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I won't be mad at you for what you are doing, but, I would ask you to look at the 'big' picture. This situation you are going through is NOT a forever thing. It isn't as if this will be your life forever. I always find it overwhelming to think, "OMG, how can I live like this?" As opposed to "man, this is going to suck for 6 months, or however long". Perspective.

I can recall, and believe it or not, fondly, how my kittens were. Georgia brought down a book case, Tenny destroyed a lovely ficus tree, Ally and Dakky broke so many things that it began to make me cringe to open the door after work. Dakky licked my lips for 1 year, while I TRIED to sleep. BUT, that is life. I wouldn't trade it for all the catnip tea in China.

Bluekat, you have to ask yourself, "was this really what I wanted"? "Was this in eveyone's best interest"? We can give you all the support in the world, but, if your true feelings are that you made a mistake, nothing will change. You will get resentful.

I have feelings like yours with Binx. What a change in my life, my house, it is messy, it is tiring to clean up after him all the time, it is gross at times, I hate my yard now, my couch might be ruined, etc. I then realize the greater good. I am giving him a home most people wouldn't. It is an inconvenience. But, it is ONLY an inconvenience. No one is dead/hurt/ill, etc.

I hope you will hang in there with the kitty. Who knows, you may learn something important about yourself.

Thank you all for all your replies and advice I'm glad you guys aren't mad, I just thought you'd be since we just got a new kitten and is already giving her back to the shelter.
    Well, we just brought her back this morning I do miss her...but the lady at Petsmart said that it was alright too. We are going to get a new cat too, but definately one that's over a year old. I think that maybe Cinnamon was just too crazy for us since when Blueberry was a kitten, he was really shy?( Well, he was sometimes )We saw this cat there that was about 2 years old, and she's a female. She's medium hair I think, and they just found her on the street not too long ago. She's a brown tabby, with white paws. She was sooo sweet, she kept on rubbing her head against the cage when we walked up. I also held her, and she wasn't afraid. But they don't really know how well she gets along with other cats.
    But I think that my mom wants to get another Persian. If we get a Persian kitten from a breeder, I hope it'll be ok. Since Persians are very laid back and everything.
    But if not, I guess the adult cat from the shelter
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Well I see you have already made a decision, I hope it is the right one for you, pity about Cinnamon, she was very cute, getting a slightly older cat is a wise decision, I feel, my Lexie is over one year old, and she can still be a live wire, something I had to get used to, as Ash is just a couch potato.

There have been a few wrecked curtains, some scratched wall-paper, a few ornaments broken, but I would not swap her for the world, I am not judging you here, just saying , they all have different personalitys, i guess just like people some are hyperactive, she is settling down more now , but young cats do certainly have more energy.

Don't worry I am sure Cinnamon will find another good home soon.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Kind of reminds me of when Rachell got a cat on Friends, I don't know whether you remember the episode, or have ever watched the show even. She loved cats, but this cat kept biting and scratching her for no reason(it was one of those hairless cats?). When I first got Grover and she got into the playful mode, she was sleeping with me, I would wake up with scratches all over my hands and knees, how did I sleep through that? She is i guess about seven months old now, and has developed her own independent personality and she still will scratch me, but only when I am wanting to hold her, but she doesn't want to be held. There is a certain time of day though when she does think it is time for our little nap together. I do have one cat, that I got as a kitten, for awhile he tolerated me, now he wants me to just leave him alone, he will even growl at me if I just touch him. So you may just have one that is very independent. Why would we be mad at you for giving it back, sometimes things just don't work out, I completely understand, and I gave ten dollars for the one that don't like me, only when I have food then he like me. LOL. But no, there is no reason to be mad at you for that.
    I think I have a picture of him in my photo album, he loves everybody but me, could it be because I had him neutered? LOL.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I got the pictures of Cinnamon developed. There's only a few, and one came out kind of bad. I'll post them later.
    I really hope she's off to a good home I miss her though. I hope that she'll be happy in her new home.
    omg, I've only had her for a week and I'm missing her terribly.
    At least I'll have the picutures for memories
    I need to go out now, maybe the pictures will be up tomorrow morning.

I hope before you get a Persian cat from a breeder, that you would first consider a Persian Rescue. There are plenty of cats of all breeds that need homes.

I am disappointed that you didn't try any of the advice posted before returning Cinnamon but if you had decided a kitten wasn't for you, hopefully it will save further heartache in the long term.

It is a good idea to adopt an older rescue Persian kitty, as all kittens have a lot of energy.

Please keep in touch with the rescue centre and let us know when Cinnamon has got a furrever home.

Originally posted by rosethecopycat
    I hope before you get a Persian cat from a breeder, that you would first consider a Persian Rescue. There are plenty of cats of all breeds that need homes.
    Take a look at this handsome fellow!
    Click here

Re: Please read, and please don't get mad at me:(:(:(...

Originally posted by bluekat
    the worst part is that she doesn't listen whenever we say NO
    Spray him so he will understand you mean NO.
    Alexander and his cat Oreo, Inkspot, Oliver, and Catfish. . Cats own you and you own your dogs.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to return Cinnamon. Hopefully she'll get a great forever home soon. I agree with the others that you should try to adopt an adult Persian cat from a rescue organization instead of going to a breeder. Good luck and please keep us updated. The one on the link that Amy posted sure looks and sounds like a great cat.

She was being a KITTEN. That's what kittens do! I'm sorry it didn't work out, but adult cats need homes too, and kittens are very easy to rehome, comparatively.

Two of my fosters are in the incredibly bratty "teenage kitten" phase. (They're still here because they had ringworm over the summer and had to be quarantined. ) They are discovering that Mr. Squirty is NOT their friend.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I know some of you are thinking that I should've kept her for longer and see what happens. But I know that if I did keep her for longer, it'll be harder for her to go
    I'm pretty sure that she already got adopted by now. Last week, her and her 4 other siblings were brought to Petsmart. We were to first one to get one of them. By lunchtime, they were all gone.
    I hope she's happy in her new home.

About the Persian Rescues, there aren't any in our area I've searched the web before, and I only found about 2 that were very far away or in the US.

Look at the Toronto Humane Society's web site. They have five pages of lovely older cats for adoption - Flag and Ruff, in particular are very pretty.

Have you tried Petfinder.com? Did you look at the link I posted? I searched in your area and found several persian and himalayan purebreds and mixes...